What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Congo

now there's one less =). not too many DC crosses hittin the bay so i had to jump. can't wait. the congo only adds to the mistique. much thanks to richard for keeping these otherwise overlooked genes alive. CHEERS!

Kabong

nice freakin congo man, the cross to deepchunk doesnt seem to be DC dominant either :D very good news, i need to get some of that shit. ive always liked africans tried ghanian and zamal, and a few zamal hybrids, its some of the best weed ive had to date.

RubbaDub

Hiya Richard,

I noticed that Seedboutique has some Deep Congo seeds. Are they the originals, or the new backcrossed ones?

I am also interested in these, it seems like they are some of the originals though. Highly impressed with everyones results so far, seems to be a real powerful cross. :joint:

R

richardwilliams

club congo

club congo

Hi Folks,
The ones on Seed Boutique are the original f1 that would be the same stock as he ones folks are showing here.
The backcrossed congo coming, will have a different title and description. Cheers, Richard.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, it looks like I have three males and two females.I will use two of the males to pollinate both of the girls. I'm really looking forward to having some Deep Congo back in my jars. I saved the last bud of DCongo for eight months and burned it at my wedding reception. The staff would not let us use the balcony anymore after that sagey incense filled the air.lol.
Anyways
Group

Female

Mr.Bill

Well it's been a while since I put anything in here, It's JustinCase by the way. I kept my DeepCongos in their dixie cup homes for a little over five weeks. Way too long. But they are doing well now just a couple weeks away from flowering. Out of nine so far four have sexed, one is close and the rest should show by the 31st minus a hold out or two. Should be a fun flowering session to be sure. I'm still looking for a strong Deep Chunk type male and a strong Congolese type mother. As of right now all four that have sexed are females leaving the stats like this. 4 female 1 male-"ish" looking and 4 undecided.

Here they are kind of sickly looking getting transferred tired of being in the dixie cups that they have been in since birth.

And a week later, guess I didn't put up the group shot though.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr.B Seeing all of your Deep Congo's make me want to pick up another pack. I ended up with 3 girls and 2 boys. I will flower them in a few weeks.
I thought I had more new pics but they are blurry.

Here's one a couple of days after being transplanted into a 2 gallon bag of coco.

I'll get better pics tomorrow.

Kinderfeld

damn bro you managed to keep those ladies in cups until sex??? That would save me an ASS of trouble please tell how you did that without them getting all yellow??

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ras- Right on! I would say they play very well together.
Kinderfeild- That's easy. I grow in coco,so when they get established I keep them wet and they stay happy. About once a week I water until run off.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This Congo is from ACE Seeds ¿?
No, tho related. The ACE Congo is comprised of two different congo strains and Chitral.
The Congo used by Richard is a cut of one of these Congo strains, the tall one, not the Banghi.
See Dubi's post, page 2. :wink:

Last edited:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tb- I loved it the first time I grew it and this time I have more plants to enjoy.
Here's a different plant than the one above

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
Beautiful plants, everyone. I can't wait to watch mine mature. My last DCon grow resulted in 4 males (the best of which was unfortunately lost in a move). I still have 4 seeds left.

Deep Congo female, 14 days flowering. Topped at 4th node, trimmed back to 4 branches. Definitely showing her Afghani parentage, but with a graceful lankiness at the same time.

Latest posts

Latest posts