What's new

Deep Congo

Nirrity

i remember reef told me the congo he used in red congolese was timanfaya diablo.. but guys at cw told me that the congo in red congolese was actually congo #3 and that congo came from alex/lmn seeds. at the time i thought who knows until i spotted this screen shot of raco. at least timanfaya diablo did exist.
does anybody know whatever happened to this spanish growers association?

C

charlie garcia

There is not problem at all, just tell whatever you feel like about lines and sources and it really doesnt matter as the story will continue.
enjoy what you got, asked for such cut several times to see but no replies, so cant reply accuratelly
best
kaiki

Nirrity

support neither side, who am i to know for sure.. just sharing the info. didn't grow deep congo or red congo as well. the only congos i tried are those from lmn: angola roja banghi, angola verde banghi.. good hybrids but extremely unstable.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i remember reef told me the congo he used in red congolese was timanfaya diablo.. but guys at cw told me that the congo in red congolese was actually congo #3 and that congo came from alex/lmn seeds. at the time i thought who knows until i spotted this screen shot of raco. at least timanfaya diablo did exist.
does anybody know whatever happened to this spanish growers association?

Hi Nirrity:tiphat:
i grow Deep Congo, chopping some tomorrow actually. I flowered one female of Red Congolese and I'd say they probably both use the same Congo. Hard to be sure though only judging by one plant (Red Congolese)

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Lg/Rw ever going to release more deep congo? Always looked like some fire, I'd like to find a stable female to s1 for stable outdoor production fems

Lean I Would say the red Congo definitely came from the same Congo as there was only one Congo cut here and that was the one that was derived from the seeds reeferman provided Robbie who then gave reef the cut and me the cut. Robbie however has zero credibility about where he got stuff from, apparently from a pm reeferman described that Robbie would show up at medical cannabis conferences and claim the Congo was his life's work as his dad had collected it from when he was a soldier in africa lol
I actually find it important that we preserve the true history of a strains origins and not come up with legends and myths, don't we owe that to the next generation?

I'm running a batch of deep Congo backcrossed in the swamp this year so pray for them that they make it safely.
Cheers, Richard w.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is a bud from the Red Congolese[/FONT] for comparison. I'll try to upload some new Deep Congo F2 &F3 pics today
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Never been to a medical cannabis conference in my life.

Still got the original lady that you were told NOT to step on......

I rest my case

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IV-17-2004

lmn wrote:

"la timanfaya devil es (Cabo verde x Mali) x nepali y eso te lo puedo asegurar, en sus genes no tiene congolesa para nada"

translation:

The TD is (Cape Verde x Mali) x Nepali and I can assure you that there´s not Congolese in its genes at all"

I always thought that FET´s pics of TD f2s were actually of SSH...:biggrin:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
huh? so if congo #3 cut = timanfaya diablo that means it isn't congo at all in the first place?

The plot thickens...LOL

ho-chi-mimh = Alex = la mano negra

"Timanfaya Devil (Afropips) [[Cape Verde X Congolese] X Nepalese] X Congolese"

WTF??

You can catch the liar before the cripple
Truth will out.
Lies have short legs.

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Yeah the plot continues but as someone said a few posts before, I think it's important that we preserve the true stories behind the strain's origins. Not because the story is more important than the plant itself or its qualities, but because we should be able to know what we grow to study them properly and also to give credit when credit is due and to those who really deseve it and shared their plants with the community. We should not feed internet legends and myths. This is what we will pass to the upcoming generations like it was done since the 70s, carrying on with the tradition and the culture... :ying:

Could you imagine you spend years chasing on some rare Blue Nepalese strains to work with them and at the end you find out they are just some oldschool Blueberry F2?? It happened already. ;)

So it seems clear that the strain Fet bought from Heaven's Stairway charity auction for a jailed Overgrow member was indeed Timanfaya Devil, a strain bred and offered by LMN when he was part of The Spanish Breeder's Asociation-ACE and said to be "Cape Verde X Mali/Nepalese", although who knows if this is true either. Funny how the famous congolese cut perhaps in the end is not even a congolese.

Vibes.:tiphat:

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
With all our world travellers, why hasn't anyone just jumped on a plane and gone to the Congo now?

I'll go if you fund me and I guarantee I'll bring back the kine.

C

charlie garcia

Congo#3 comes from CBG. Congo Bangi came from LMN (cut shared by LMN when into ACE for the hybrid job). ACE Congo is this Bangi from LMN x Congo#3/PCK males

There was a quicker congolese in Canary island, also used by Tropical seeds in their Double Congo which may be the one you are talking about. LMN used to say he had 4 different congo. Nevertheless, hard to be sure they were congolese, lots of seeds from africa here were called "congo" (easy speaking) and may mean the country or just an african seed. I never had any 9 weeks congo. I grew 4 different congolese too, slightly different each, lime green leafes, lime flavour. Most finished in 12-16 weeks. Whatever, for different reasons I decided long ago not to work any more african plants and avoid any confusion.

best
kaiki

Congo CBG
attachment.php

Congo Bangi LMN
attachment.php

Congo Mascobelix
attachment.php

Congo#3/PCK F2
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN8960_Congo1 copia.jpg
    DSCN8960_Congo1 copia.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN8344_Bangi.jpg
    DSCN8344_Bangi.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN7998_Congo-Masco.jpg
    DSCN7998_Congo-Masco.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0242_Congo-Chitral.jpg
    DSCN0242_Congo-Chitral.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
One small brown envelope gifted to me by Charles to grow out. All that was written on the envelope was " Congo". End of story

Worthy enough to be kept for this length of time.

Latest posts

Latest posts