What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He said the monkey balls name came from the sweet gum seed looking flowers. Monkey balls is his childhood name for sweet gum tree seeds, they are little spike balls.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Toms most memorable experience with cannabis was a Deep Chunk phenotype that he called "top rock" because thats where it was grown. He said it was really strong coffee taste that coated your throat and would make it have a numb feeling. It was a unique plant.

Yeah he does like Deep Chunk.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Raco, Is that the DC? Lovely buds.

Edit… sorry it’s pre-98 bubba kush I am gonna run.

I’m kinda high and posting. I popped some of this, and it had huge leaves. I had to give away the plant, and outdoors it was stinking up a guys yard badly. That was from this, and I want to find that stink in my tent.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
In Tom Hill's interview on The Potcast he said the it was the 04 DC that won the cannabis cup that year! It was 2 select plants out of 50.

Deep Chunk was a line from seeded afghan herb that someone imported and it sold for 5000/ pound!

Imagine how many plants you would need to grow to have a pound of finished product

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Ended up with eight girls and two boys of Freak Chunk. The outlier is a girl, will be very interesting to see what comes of her. Nice range within the eight for structure/height/vigor. Two are very vigorous/stretchy. Unfortunately it will be a while before they are flowered out as I will have to take cuts from the seed plants. Cuts of both males were already taken and are established seedlings.

(And of course my order for DC is in and payment currently en route) :headbange

RobFromTX

I have some VerdantGreen Deep Chunk f1 fems. Is that stuff worth running?
My verdant green line up. c4dd, pine tar gush and bubba 18's in the back.Pretty good looking plants so far but when did he produce deep chunk? I never saw that lasted

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_131553489.jpg
    IMG_20221213_131553489.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 27

RobFromTX

TRSC has freak chunk available again. Mixed reviews on his version. Im thinking of getting some for my doomsday seed vault. The X-18 sounds pretty scrumptious too :yummy:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Freak Chunk description says its a spanish continuation of Deep Chunk. I bet its great, the spanish are great growers. The reproduction at CSI Humboldt may be better depending on what selections were done. Tom Hill is from that area in Northern California and He's friends with folks at CSI Humboldt. That is the reproduction I would put my money on. :smoke:

The Real seed Company

Freak Chunk (Deep Chunk)​

£39.99 – £79.99
Pack Size

Freak Chunk (Deep Chunk) quantity

SKU: N/A Categories: Heirloom, Hindu Kush, Indica-type

Description​

Genetics: ‘Deep Chunk’ (Californian – Afghan Hindu Kush)
Type: Pure Indica-type
Indoors: c. 56 days
Outdoors: September
Classification: C. sativa subsp. indica var. afghanica
This is a Spanish continuation of the original Tom Hill Deep Chunk, a renowned true-breeding Indica-type strain with roots in the Afghan Hindu Kush. Work has been done to remove weak plants and ‘mutants’. The original landrace from which Deep Chunk was inbred is said to have been introduced to Northern California in the late 1970s. Crucially, it’s believed to have never been outcrossed.
Deep Chunk is known for its fast flowering time, thick stems, short internodes, and excellent resin production. It’s a classic Indica that produces copious leaves and broad leaflets. Buds are dense and yield earthy, herbal aromas, including hashy pine, citrus, coffee, and chocolate. A weakness is its susceptibility to botrytis. A strength is its knock-down potency.
True-breeding for many traits, this is an archetypal Indica that’s earned a reputation as an excellent breeding plant. In an era when Cannabis genepools are becoming ever-increasingly homogenized through hybridization, pristine inbred lines such as this should be in the collection of every serious grower and breeder.
Keeping heirlooms in their pure form over the coming decades is a wise choice that is sure to benefit both people and plant.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The CSI Humboldt is a reproduction of 2003 Tom Hill Stock it says. I wonder what year stock was used for Freak Chunk?

I bet Freak Chunk is a good reproduction reguardless.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone here grown both Deep Chunk and Monkey Balls? Differences?
There are no differences. Its the same exact strain, just a name change. Listen to The Potcast with Tom Hill to get all the information on Deep Chunk.

RobFromTX

Where is the landrace team stock available?
I suppose through their website. I haven't dealt with them yet. A greedy seedbank with legitimate strains from what ive gathered. There was a thread on them i was following but somebody brought up Neville and....................well everything went real dark after that

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kind of a weird website. No prices, you have to send a message to make a purchase? It wants you to enter the capital of Ireland?