What's new

Deep Chunk

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
May I.....?

May I.....?

Benji may I poke a little humor and say ENOUGH ALREADY! Please friends if you didn't see the recent pix on the previous page take a look and you'll see what I'm talking about. A cannabis photographers dream....DoobieDuck last seen jumping from bridge..quacking "I can't take it anymore" quuuuuaaaaacckkk! Splat! DD
picture.php

K

Ken Boon

that "deep chunk" is incredible.... colours like i have never seen, frigging sensational trichomes,

Made my day - love the pics
:woohoo:

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Damn I cant even imagine how will the trimed bud will look like :woohoo:
You should really post some picture after chop too :woohoo:

I

icon

Deep Chunk is a hash makers dream, that strain has an xtreme case of THC REDICULITIS.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks DD, MyAssIsGrass and everyone for the kind words,,,

Now i cant wait to sample these girls not long to go now..!!!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't forgotten this one....Benji.....fantastic pictures, Bro!

Still loving it!

dank.Frank

Deep Chunk is a hash makers dream, that strain has an xtreme case of THC REDICULITIS.

I have to disagree

Deep Chunk actually has a very small ratio of usable material given it's over all mass.

If you were to trim off 85% of the plant,which is fan leaves with no trichs whatsoever but look impressive to some ,you are left with very little plant material of any value.

This is far from what a hashmaker wants,or anybody that is savvy for that matter.

plants like the spg ,ortega, Bubba for example are ideal,these have trichs on nearly every leaf and are have a high usable ratio with regards to resin collection.

Deep chunk is a breeder to help get you towards a goal,but left alone is merely a novelty when compared to strains that are available..

I personally don't like growing masses of bulk fan leaves that are discarded
not exactly an intelligent undertaking.

Yes I've grown plenty of Deep Chunk...no yield,,,some people complain about Bubba LOL....it's miles better in yield than a DC plant.

and is far superior smoke...

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to disagree

Deep Chunk actually has a very small ratio of usable material given it's over all mass.

If you were to trim off 85% of the plant,which is fan leaves with no trichs whatsoever but look impressive to some ,you are left with very little plant material of any value.

This is far from what a hashmaker wants,or anybody that is savvy for that matter.

plants like the spg ,ortega, Bubba for example are ideal,these have trichs on nearly every leaf and are have a high usable ratio with regards to resin collection.

Deep chunk is a breeder to help get you towards a goal,but left alone is merely a novelty when compared to strains that are available..

I personally don't like growing masses of bulk fan leaves that are discarded
not exactly an intelligent undertaking.

Yes I've grown plenty of Deep Chunk...no yield,,,some people complain about Bubba LOL....it's miles better in yield than a DC plant.

and is far superior smoke...

:laughing:
b.s.
any pics? :D

G

guest123

Here is 4+ pounds of DC (from seed) on the lines from 2 1000w lamps (less than 3.5 months from start to finish).

picture.php

Somedaysoon,

You are comparing hybrids (and single elite clones/plants no less) to a how brief of a look have you had at this line? You do understand that this is a pure line? To me, it seems a bit greedy, short sighted, and foolish to not show some amount of respect for pure lines and the work that has gone into preserving them - they are not a dime a dozen anymore you know. If you think the breeder doesn't understand that he could have been greedy, short sighted, foolish, and gotten a lot richer over the last couple of decades+ growing something else then you are mistaken. Be very sure about this, Deep Chunk is an old-school pure hash plant from Afghanistan, and of the highest quality. It's funny you mention Bubba,,,, self that Bubba, watch it segregate and recombine, compare it to DC, and then get back to me, lol.

Yes, DC like all pure lines not designed around a modern working ideotype has its strengths and weaknesses, and hybrids/selected clones of hybrids designed to take into account/work around these things will definitely perform better than the parents on average. If you grew/grow this plant not fully understanding those concepts (though the breeder has made every attempt to make them quite clear from the outset) and found/find yourself disappointed, then I am very sorry, but it makes the line no less valuable. Onedaysoon, maybe you'll understand why that is true.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats What he said was put perfectly...

Cannafriend when are you inviting me around for a smoke up nice pic and nice results...hehe

Latest posts

Latest posts