What's new

Decided to never drink shitty Beer again!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With all the micro brewery's out there, no one should be drinking shitty beer. Period.

Only women drink Blue Moon at the bars i hang out in
:dancer:
might have to give it a try sometime.

Try Hoegaarden :yes:

aligee

Veteran
blue moon is good ...Newcastle is my beer of choice along with heineken always satisfing!!! refreshment!!!

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
That pic of the broad in the glass on previous page is priceless whodair, that's one to save to file :biglaugh:

BlueMoon?

You have to be a "chic" or desperate to drink BlueMoon ,
its like bluedream pot , very lame & tame, flat , piss~water

Give Hop Stoopid a try but there's tons of great micro
brews in the US that kick ass ...Trummer Pils isn't bad .
http://www.lagunitas.com/beers/hopstoopid.html

beers_hopstoopid_main.jpg

* Can drink a Hop Stoopid while listenin to "Slightly Stoopid" ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byL0yA1Pl5Q&feature=related

Trillion

This happened to my friend in LA exactly, I used to visit him at his college in cali and him and his friends always played beer pong and were drinking either natural light or miller light, they thought sam adams and heineken were the top quality beers lol
But he started drinking blue moons and I showed him about a few German, Czech and Belgian beers and now he won't touch the pisswater.

People don't really start drinking in America until college, in Europe, especially the UK, we start much earlier maybe average 12 or 13 is the first time for getting drunk so we get the days of drinking cheap shyt out of the way earlier. Having said that I know people in the north of England who like to mix 1/2 pint of bacardi breezer with 1/2 pint of beer.... go figure!

Hoegarden and Leffe are two readily available beers that are along the lines of blue moon but have a bit more depth of flavour especially hoegaarden, leffe is a bit sweet/fruity for my tastes.

Try Franziskaner, it's available at Trader Joe's I believe, one of the best commonly exported German beers.

Budvar is my regular lager, lovely hoppy taste, if you let it go flat it smells exactly like cheese (the weed not the cow type)

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
There is a place for all beer IMO, as well as there is a place for all weed.

I consider myself to be a pot connoisseur as well as a beer connoisseur (wine too), however, if someone offers me a PBR or a Coors, I'm going to drink that. Same thing with a joint of commercial. If some one passes it my way, I am hitting it.

Just cause I don't buy it for myself, doesn't mean I am going to turn it down. Which might even be considered as rude in some circles. I do not consider myself to be a beer snob or pot snob, even though I brew and grow my own.

IMO, if someone is buying, I am partaking.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
People don't really start drinking in America until college, in Europe, especially the UK, we start much earlier maybe average 12 or 13 is the first time for getting drunk so we get the days of drinking cheap shyt out of the way earlier.

Damn no one told me that :chin: Started at 13, and so did my friends.

U.S.A. stats

The average age when youth first try alcohol is 11 years for boys and 13 years for girls.
By age 14, 41 percent of children have had least one drink.
The average age at which Americans begin drinking regularly is 15.9 years old.

http://www.focusas.com/Alcohol.html

And a second for
Hoegaarden, try it !!

If someone is buying, I'll drink too :yes:

B

BOSCO

in Europe, especially the UK, we start much earlier maybe average 12 or 13 is the first time for getting drunk so we get the days of drinking cheap shyt out of the way earlier.

Never a truer word spoken, well written really....
By the time us Irish lads were 18 we had a degree in beer tasting tho most of us back then preferred a six pack of scrumpy jack and a bottle of buckfast as our favoured tipple.

A real nice beer I've discovered lately is Fullers organic honey dew
3953356603_78055c3276.jpg

Full bodied great taste and a beautiful aftertaste of honey with a tiny hint of clover in there somewhere.

When thats not available it's a few bottles of good old Murphys Irish Stout :)

Trillion

I love the normal fuller's, brewery's just next to me gaff, I must try it just the name makes my mouth water, lovely colour too.

I'm a fan of sierra too ironeek, the special releases are a bit hit and miss but I always have a pale ale or six when I'm stateside.

Definately true Bobby, if you go to your friends's and his mum makes a crappy dinner you still gotta eat...

BrotherBear obviously I know that under age drinking happens in America, it's just not embeded in your culture like it is here, I've been visiting LA and the bay area since I was born and people definately have stories about being drunk when they were young but not like the UK where a lot of teenagers will get drunk every weekend without fail. You said 41 percent have had at least 1 drink by 14 well in Northern Ireland 89% have admitted to a drink by 13 not that's it's a competition it just is what it is.

Adults in america don't even have much of a drinking culture beside bars/clubs for nightlife or wine with dinner in england people's grandmothers go to the pub for a pint for no particular reason mid-afternoon, there is a pub every couple of blocks and they are always full around 6pm when people finish work. There is no comparison between american drinking culuture and how we do it in europe.

smokefrogg

Veteran
well right on!

this happened to myself and my group of friends as teenagers, i'd rather not drink than ingest the likes of coors/bud/pbr/etc.

there's so many good beers out there, life is to short to waste any time, energy, and moneys on crap beer imho...it's like, why would you get dirt weed when for a bit more you could have kind buds?

Marcellas

Veteran
Really disappointed this thread got moved to the Munch Mansion where nobody will see it :(

But anyways, no, I have yet to try it with an orange. I can taste a slight orangey-ness already, and love BlueMoon how it is, fresh and cold poured into a pilsner glass straight from the bottle!! :dance013:

I bet it's even better on tap!

I think if you have to put fruit/citrus or something in your beer to enjoy it, it's not that great in the first place.. Not that BM is excellent, it's the first "different" beer I've tried but I love it. I'm excited to try others or some real imports!! :D

Uh....hey man does the weed you smoke have like seeds in it and is kinda all rock hard and stuff all the time? ...cuz if so I've got some amazing news for you that's gonna make your head spin.

I don't know what you are getting at hear Dragon, but no.. The weed I smoke is ALWAYS seedless, and is almost always some crazy, stickyyyy, stinkyyyy, tastey, extremely potent, amazing greenery!!!
..Sometimes it's rock hard if it's a strong indica (don't know what you meant by this either), and it's very rare for me to find a seed or 2, I only smoke quality bud.. The worst I smoke is some mass-grown outdoor or beasters once in awhile, haven't smoked some mid-grade or shwag in YEARS and I avoid it at all costs.. Nothing but the best in my bong rips!! :D

But thanks for the suggestions, advice, criticism, feedback, and input everybody!! I'd really appreciate some more suggestions on gooood GENUINE Belgian White-Wheat Beers (unfiltered).. Anybody have any brands they think I should try??

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
be kinda hard for you to try my fav...bein' that your attending college and all that, shoot, at $7 pint it's difficult for me to drink it.
"Arrogant Bastards Ale", delicious aroma and palate
another that i prefer is:

beer is beer? how profound.
Free Beer Tomorrow...

Marcellas

Veteran
And about the age thing? I don't know about that. I know for a fact the first time I got drunk was at age 13 or 14, my older brother was sneaking me Jack and Coke's (Jack Daniel's) at a wedding. I got twisted after like 1 drink haha, but I know most of my friends had the first drink somewhere between 10-14 in the US..

Now I didn't "enjoy" drinking and actually party everyweekend or so until age 15 or 16 in high school, but by this time most of my high school was going to some woods party, house party, cabin party, or SOMETHING by this age in highschool. I'd say at least half of kid's my age (around 16 years) were drinking every weekend or at least a couple times a month at parties and such. Alcohol is actual very popular among US teens, but since their so strict on ID'ing and drunk driving and such now, weed is MUCH easier to obtain IMHO, but in high school there were definately way more drinkers than stoners!!

But as some of you had mentioned, most teens are just playing beer pong and stupid beer games at a young age, with these shitty party-beers (Coors, Bud, Labatt, Natural, ect..).. I know I didn't actually sit down and start enjoying my beer instead of drinking to party/get-drunk until I got into college a few years ago.. And I haven't yet even began to discover all the wonderful kinds/brands/ect.. of beer in this world!! :eek:

I REALLY don't want this to turn into an argument or discussion as to why American beer sucks and Americans can't drink, or whatever.. Please.. I know BlueMoon isn't top quality, and you may consider it a girl drink, whatever.. But I am now very interested in being a beer coineusseur and trying all the different kinds of wonderul beer this world has to offer!! :D
....And I'm open to suggestion's!

Marcellas

Veteran
I've been interested in that DogFishHead for awhile now, but haven't tried it yet!! When I saw that show "Master Brewers" on Discovery Channel it got me even more interested in the brand and beer in general, and actually got me looking into brewing.. Might try brewing when I get the cash!!

I've have a few different friends that are a lot more knowledgable about beer than me, and have been experimenting with different brands, from different countries, for years. I haven't seen these friends drink a Coors, Labatt, or Bud Lite since high school. If they come to a party, they always have some foreign beer that nobody's heard of or seen before. It was one of these friends that recommended BlueMoon the other night, since I wanted something "different". I'm going to hang out with him a lot more and see what his favorite foreign beers are.. :D

I've read all your suggestions for beers to try, thank you and keep them coming!! Any more suggestions on a good GENUINE unfiltered Belgian Wheat Beer, or which DogFishHead beer I should try if I like BlueMoon, or maybe some other good foreign beers??