What's new

Decadent IIPA

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
skadecadent.jpg

I love Decadent Imperial India Pale Ale!
It is everything that name implies. Big alcohol, big flavor.
The richness of the malts and hops are well balanced in the flavor, with the piney, grapefruity twangs of the hops dominating the aroma. Speaking of hops, the bitterness hangs in your mouth lightly for a long time, balancing the almost cloying sweetness. A very nice brew, if not a bit too indulgently sweet.

Go grab one to celebrate another glorious member of the cannabaceae family, hops!
Back to my beer...:moon:

BTW, Great American Beer Festival

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Where is SKA brewing? I have not seen their products. Anybody tried any beers from Ninsaki brewing? They are out of Eugene Oregon, maybe they haven't made it out of Oregon yet. Talk about malt/hops overload!
Laganitus brewing out of Petaluma California also has some tasty, big brews.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I'm a big Lagunitas fan. Do they make anything other than IPAs? lol, I'm not complaining! Ninsaki, eh? I'll have to keep my eyes on it. Maybe someone on BA could help.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Ahh, good to meet fellow beer lovers! Throwin' back some Stone IPA's tonight. I'm in New England so for these to be here was a surprise find for me. It(Stone brewing) just recently started poppin' up round here. I love the damn stuff.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Try the Oaked Arrogant Bastard if it's available!
I think that beer is magnificent, especially on tap.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Which DogFishHead IPA are you talking about? They have 3 common ones... But you're right they are good! GREAT! You should hit up their Red & White. It's a red wine (pinot noir) blended with a belgian style witbier. Freakin' glorious.
Cool thing about beer is that people like all different sorts!

jeremy

Which DogFishHead IPA are you talking about? They have 3 common ones... But you're right they are good! GREAT! You should hit up their Red & White. It's a red wine (pinot noir) blended with a belgian style witbier. Freakin' glorious.
Cool thing about beer is that people like all different sorts!

i'm a 90 minute man ...

atleast thats what i tell the ladies

whiterabbit9

Veteran
I love a nice quality beer

especially summer time, cold beer

or just after a hard day's work

but I think it can become a nasty habit, that's why I like to try different kinds, and drink only on occasions

this was the last one I tryed
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/10325

it's 9%, infused with coffee (imperial stout)

it goes for 12,99 - 14,99 CDN$ a 6 pack

it's not what I would drink everyday,
it has quite an effect, pleasant to drink

orpanic

OK...I love IPA's..
SKA is out of Colorado... ft. collins I think.?
Boulder beer does a great MOJO IPA and double IPA Mojo RISEN!!! new cold hop ain't bad..
Southern sun brew in Boulder,co has The Kyle 'Hoppingsworth' IPA, which is dank...7.5% cloudy, reminds me of Pliney the Elder in a way....
The Maharaja Imperial IPA bach #9 ...NOT 10, from Avery in Boulder,Co is one of the dankest beers I've had, major floral hops scents...get some b4 its all gone...10 batch sucks! wtf?
not a bad IPA from O'dell brewing in colorado...they are releasing a double IPA soon, other than at the brew pub...
Breckenridge brewery in Denver,CO is releasing a single IPA soon,. hard to beat their 471 small batch double IPA, when compared to a single IPA...

I like HOPS and not malt prevalent, so I don't like some IPAs, like DOGFISH head, over hyped by a mile IMO..if you like malt over hop, go for it! or peach infused crap.
La-goo-knee-tas makes weak,watered down tasting IPA's if your into that....IMO. xxx and maximus..please!
Stone, another over hyped, watery tasting IPA...but should be good.

Great Divide in Denver, makes a tasty Espresso Yeti Stout(last year)..good for breakfast in winter. Like coffee and some chocolate and BEER! syrupy goodness.
Waiting for STOUT month in FEB at MTN SUN...

jeremy

OK...
SKA is out of Colorado, ft. collins I think.?
Boulder beer does a great MOJO IPA and double IPA Mojo RISEN!!!
Southern sun brew in Boulder,co has The Kyle 'Hoppingsworth' IPA, which is dank...7.5% cloudy, reminds me of Pliney the Elder in a way....
The Maharaja Imperial IPA bach #9 ...NOT 10 from Avery in Boulder,Co is one of the dankest beers I've had, major floral hops scents...get some b4 its all gone...10 batch sucks! wtf?
not a bad IPA from O'dell brewing in colorado...they are releasing a double IPA soon...
Breckenridge brewery in Denver,CO is releasing a IPA soon as well,. hard to beat their 471 small batch double IPA compared to a single IPA...

I like HOPS and not malt prevalent, so I don't like some IPAs, like DOGFISH head, over hyped by a mile IMO..if you like malt over hop, go for it! or peach infused crap.
La-goo-knee-tas makes weak,watered down tasting IPA's if your into that....IMO. xxx and maximus..please!
Stone, another over hyped, watery tasting IPA...IMO.

Great Divide in Denver, makes a tasty Espresso Yeti Stout..good for breakfast in winter. Like coffee and some chocolate and BEER!

i'm going to the maryland microbrewery festival tomorrow but i'm not expecting much ... i'm sure i've had better beers than these "pretty girls" could ever pour

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
OK...I love IPA's..
Agreed.

What does peach infused have to do with malty beer? DFH makes one with peach, but the rest is a stretch. Malts are an important part of any beer, even the hoppy ones. Otherwise it's just hop-water, and that ain't beer. (I am a hophead so don't take it as a one side v the other thing)

Wow I'd say that A) Lagunitas has such an extensive lineup of IPAs that it's impossible to think that they are all watered down and B) None of Lagunitas IPAs taste watered down to anyone's standards that I know. One diss on Lagunitas is their lame-ass screw off caps. Fuck you, I want to save my bottles. I expect any brewery worth their shit to use pop top caps and labels that come off the bottles easily in a water soak so that I can bottle in them!

Stone, another over hyped, watery tasting IPA...but should be good
Maybe highly hyped, but does that have anything to do with a discussion of the important qualities of the beer? Watery, though? Maybe a little.
Wow dude I apparently need to try some of the IPAs you are having, because many of the ones I find good and rich, you find lame.

BTW that Yeti is the jam. Very tasty brew. A little on the simple side, I though, but what was there was nice.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Wow, if Stone is watery, I need to try some of the beers you're drinking. Being in NE, I'm not sure any of those Co. brews are available to me. Not a fan of Dogfish head at all.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
OK...I love IPA's..

I'm a stout guy myself. Really want to try Stone's Imperial Russian Stout. Portsmouth Brewery, in NH, which is close to me, has a stout in BA's top ten in the world, but I'll be damned if I can find it outside the brewery. Might be time for a road trip!:friends:

Latest posts

Latest posts