What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dear Breeders: It isn't possible to cross three plants together.

Dog Star

Veteran
Can you name those people that made such a wrongdoings and advertise their
genetics as mix of 3 plants all together in same time..??

And in reality its possible to cross 3 different strains together.. you cross male of Neville
Haze with 2 ladies of different genetics.. but a result will not be one cross but two crosses.. hope you understand that its actually possible to do.. ;D LOL

while i agree you cant interconnect 3 different in one strain,in one generation..
that is a no brainer..

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
There are a LOT of IBL (aka purebred) dog lines but very very very very very very few IBL cannabis lines. In fact, I can't think of a single true IBL in cannabis that I can purchase as seed.

In cannabis, it's mutts all the way down. The dog breed analogy doesn't work, unfortunately.

Aunt of Farouk aka Wild Pakistani from Derg Corra seed Co .Nordic Seed Co .
Same seed been growing in a village in Pakistan for generations .

J-Icky

The whole female first male second thing is less an issue for me than the way things are listed when they do list them.
I hate the way these pollen chuckers are giving strains crazy names that have nothing to do with their lineage. Them listing a strain as:
Ultra killer Kush x brain fryer (yes I just made these up as an example)
Listing it that way tellers me nothing.
I’d rather see a true lineage. Something like:
[(Sk #1 x Big Bud) x (Thai x Columbian Gold)] X [(OG Kush x Panama Red) x Pakistan Chitral Kush)]

Yes it’s longer and with a lot of today’s polyhybrids would get even longer, but it would help for the long term betterment of breeding. In a world where it’s geting harder and harder to find pure landraces or IBLs, having things listed like this would t least give future generations a chance to breed back towards some of the older strains. If things were listed more like a family tree they could find polyhybrids that contain the most of certain strains and cross them and let them work towards those phenotypes. The other thing it would do is allow growers to know all the possibilities they may encounter when growing polyhybrids. It would also make tracking genotype and phenotype expressions a lot easier, which would make weeding out those that are taking bagseed and crossing and trying to call it something that’s hyped a lot easier.

Sadly I know this will never happen and even if it would be started there’s so many fake strains out there it would take a few generations(people not plants)to get everything corrected.

Betterhaff

Veteran
There are a LOT of IBL (aka purebred) dog lines but very very very very very very few IBL cannabis lines. In fact, I can't think of a single true IBL in cannabis that I can purchase as seed.

In cannabis, it's mutts all the way down. The dog breed analogy doesn't work, unfortunately.
It’s a wind pollinated species.