What's new

Dead Room Syndrome?

Herborizer

Veteran
I have seen pots, tents, and other thing made of plasticy thing off gass. I can kind of tell by the smell of it now. One of the reasons I switched to smartpots.

gingerale

Veteran
Those "brown spots" are interveinal chlorosis. Look at the first pic, at the node above the one that's died off. See the chlorosis in the early stages on that leaf? I think you have some kind of nutrient lockout or toxicity probs; probably iron, manganese, or zinc is being locked out. The plants look very well fed; could they be OVER fed? What is your water PPM before adding nutes? PH from tap and after adjustment?

P

putoneout

Off gassing can be eliminated. If you were suffering from off gassing the plants you put outside wouldn't have shown any symptoms, considering they did show the same symptoms off gassing can be eliminated.

We can also say that your dead room theory is dead as well, If you had some dead room problem, the plants you put outside wouldn't have been suffering from a dead room problem.

Which leads to the conclusion that your problem is medium/fertilizer related.

The reason aspirin is helping your plants is because it's acting as a chelation. It's helping to chelate the heavy metals causing the problems your experiencing. So adding aspirin in with your feedings is making things seem better, but not cause it's fighting off a virus but because its chelating the heavy metals causing your problems.

It's time to start rethinking your method, possibly changing medium and nutrients.

Can you provide a list of the nutrients you use and a little more detailed information on your feeding schedule. With more information I may be able to help you nail down your issue. Then we can come up with a solution for you.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Those "brown spots" are interveinal chlorosis. Look at the first pic, at the node above the one that's died off. See the chlorosis in the early stages on that leaf? I think you have some kind of nutrient lockout or toxicity probs; probably iron, manganese, or zinc is being locked out. The plants look very well fed; could they be OVER fed? What is your water PPM before adding nutes? PH from tap and after adjustment?

Thanks for stopping by, but it's not lockout or overfeeding. It's an infectious disease of some sort.
It's been going on for 2 years, and had to shut down the room because of it. In fact it's not just that room, it's anywhere @ this location. I have used smart pots, and various different containers.
Happens in solo cups or any other container.
The only thing that knocks it back is aspirin,otherwise plants would be dead.

P

putoneout

Thanks for stopping by, but it's not lockout or overfeeding. It's an infectious disease of some sort.
It's been going on for 2 years, and had to shut down the room because of it. In fact it's not just that room, it's anywhere @ this location. I have used smart pots, and various different containers.
Happens in solo cups or any other container.
The only thing that knocks it back is aspirin,otherwise plants would be dead.

If it is an infectious disease, Have you tried new genetics? If so were they effected? Have you taken any of the strains you run at that location that seem to be infected, to another location to verify whether or not the problem still persist?