What's new

DEA TV show, maybe we can watch and learn?

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
EasyBakeIndica said:
This week's episode is all about a 'Marijuana Grow House'.

http://www.spike.com/episode/26813/st/2977834

'Winter comes to Detroit and DEA Group 14 takes part in a city wide operation to shutdown dope houses near local schools. The agents use thermal imaging to target a sophisticated marijuana grow house and mount a daring plan to put it out of commission.'

Well shit I guess I stand corrected. Looking forward to this one!

z0ngsong

i'd like to see that, warrants gained from IR(flir) has been declared unconstitutional, at least for us in the states

z0ngsong said:
i'd like to see that, warrants gained from IR(flir) has been declared unconstitutional, at least for us in the states

Or the use it and just say its random tip when you get arrested.

z0ngsong said:
random tips must be proven in court, if not the case is laughable

i feel you but in one county in fl the buster 47 houses and only 9 had plants in them. So the kick down any door the want. The are hoping you are scared and just make a plea deal and it does not go to court.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
The dumbass DEA agents just admitted on camera that they secured their search warrant based only on a CI and an illegal FLIR scan of the house. Idiots. That guy will walk if he gets a decent attorney.

EDIT: Hmm, or maybe not. Looked like he consented to the search after all. I guess he's the idiot instead. Thats why you NEVER consent to a search!!! If he said no and they searched anyway he would have gotten off.

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
KindBudKid said:
You need to listen better. They said he was selling for $6000 a lb. so they had previous buys aready from him.

The DEA did not buy from him. They said a CI tipped them off about the house, the dog, the basement, and his prices. They never once said they arranged a buy.

I think you need to listen better "kid".

Last edited:
KindBudKid said:
You need to listen better. They said he was selling for $6000 a lb. so they had previous buys aready from him.

The said the ci told them that it was sold for 6000. the never made a buy if the did the would not need flir.

darkhollo

After watching that show a few things irked me.

"We don't have the resources to FLIR the entire city"

Yeah and let's ignore the fact that you don't have the legal right.

They also said you could smell the grow from the driveway. Sounds like he was getting top dollar for his warez but was ignoring some simple rules.

-dh

Bottom line, they only had a tip on the house then they sent up a FLIR . Busted the guy on very little info or at least that is what they wanted it to appear as??? Not sure if the guy consented to a search but they went right to the house.

The FlIR image did not show light's just massive heat SIG in basement, enough said already about that mistake. So that could be corrected. Also the good news is that it is very expensive to send up a Helicopter. Bad news is that they are using it to begin with. Not good environment post 9-11 with rights of people vs the Government.

:rasta: :rasta:

U

ureapwhatusow

Know your custies

had a friend who branched out into hard drugs (one rule broken)

sold 100 pack of extacy to a stranger (second rule broken)

THE STRANGER pulls out a test kit and test the drugs right there in front of him

He sold the same dude another 100 pack. Later on (six months) he got a call, the cop wanted to sell him coke (i dont get this part but its true)

bottom line he got in big trouble and flipped like a bitch (this is how the DEA weasels their way into EVERYONES business)

cordobayumyum

Although the op had CO2 it didn't seem that advanced; he was using soil and didn't have proper odor control. I was surprised to hear the DEA supervisor say that it was the most sophisticated op he had seen in his 16 yrs with the agency.

It seemed strange to me that the helicopter pilot had trouble locating the op with FLIR, it was only after he had been directed to the location by the agents that he was able to locate the house.

Postman after seeing the agents carrying bags full of pot: "Where the party at?" lol

Anybody else think "Woody" has had more than a professional relationship with pot? Woody to the other agents: "Better take your vests off or they'll be all sticky, unless you like that smell and want to end up watching Caddyshack and drinking Mountain Dew." :laughing:

Also it looked like the flir alot more than the house or houses next to the grow. once the already have the guy the act like it still so dangerous. lol i was like come on you have the guy and he open it up with a key lol Then the dea agents act like that is the largest and most advance grow ever. the one in charge said it was best grow in his 16 year career. I would of thought the would of busted a bunch that big.