What's new

DC , not from THill or Bub

T

TheOneWill

Brother_Monk said:
Do you mean Metal halides steele? They grow bigger and fatter under the metal lights? I will keep this in mind, when I'm growing out my next DC's. Thanks!

:ying:

In about a week or so I'm gonna crack open your seeds. Can't wait. the only thing I'm afraid of is I don't want them to hermi on me.

B

Brother_Monk

Are you referring to the BubbaChunks? There were reports of a few herms in that batch. They were F2'd by me, but the original genetics I cannot take credit for lol!! But yeah, watch for herms in the BubbaChunk pool. This is well documented, and well known. Even on the site where they were auctioned, it was mentioned in the description. Just yank em when they show up. The rest will be good.

There have been official plans, to rework that line, with fresh genetics also. Even with the herms, the results were very impressive by HTC standards to deem an overhaul.

Last edited:

Nspecta

Veteran
steel savage said:
we won't be using THESE DC specimens , mainly in part of their intersexing traits . I'm doubtful that Tom's er Bub's would show these problems .

'Ey Steel,

Tom's & Bub's DC's both have large populations of intersex males (as well as a few females)...from many reports anyways.

One thang a lot o' folks ferget is DC is an inbred Outdoor line...if people want a herm-free indoor line...heavy selection & extreme stress tests is gonna be key...as I'm sure ya well know.

IGT

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
my bub dc wa and is absolutly herma free. the th dc i did was also. i will use selected bubs dc females with selected males for bringing down finish time for us northern dudes. also im running toms dc in a new cross i did last season. this one shows good hybrid vigeour

nice considerations steele bro!

G

guest3854

Nspecta , fuck bru , always good to see yas , gimme a ring ....

Esbe , much respect .

They look beautiful Ras , like I said give 'em halide and you'll see a noticeable difference in quality .....

I must say as they start curing up I'm getting a burnt rubber taste .... anyone else experience this ?

Be well y'all
Steele

B

Brother_Monk

Yeah, that's the skunk side of her. I had the same results from DC and from most of the hybrids to an extent. Burnt rubber/coffee/hash/earth/skunk. Quite complex to say the least.

Bluevelvet_

Very nice indeed! Never grew DC, but I have a virgin pack of Tom hill's PTK sitting in the fridge, been there for ages....but you've inspired me, they won't stay in the fridge much longer :D