What's new

day 66 ICE CREAM

G

guest5703

sometimes trichomes dont even become amber, they just stay mostly clear/cloudy so you might wanna pull!!! Looks good, a little burnt I might try using Cal mag + if you didn't already, PEACE

vindiesel

Veteran
i used cal mag entire time but stopped all nutes about 2 weeks ago. they're not burnt...leaves are drying up...

so now trichs dont even become amber...?

fuck, not sure if i should pull or what. i never thought i would go past 63 or 64 days.

Kinderfeld

I can't believe no one has asked....does it smell like ICE CREAM??? if so what kind... or just a general smell...

vindiesel

Veteran
Kinderfeld said:
I can't believe no one has asked....does it smell like ICE CREAM??? if so what kind... or just a general smell...

it does not smell like ice cream, smells like a sweet pine smell, maybe a bit of vanilla smell. smells sweet, looks sweet, and is sticky as hell...

i think i may have to chop tonight.... :joint:

dont want to let it go too far. everything has gone perfect so far, dont want to f it up...

tico0r

vindiesel said:
i used cal mag entire time but stopped all nutes about 2 weeks ago. they're not burnt...leaves are drying up...

so now trichs dont even become amber...?

fuck, not sure if i should pull or what. i never thought i would go past 63 or 64 days.

shoulda kept nutes going for another week at least before flush. 20-40% amber..10% clear... 50-70% cloudy is perfect taste IMO. I would harvest now.

You look like your in the same boat as me, kind of. My grow is on like day 56/57.. and it could probably go to like 65.. and I have to chop around 60 :(.. I doubt ill have much amber, so this basically means the weed will be less defined of a high, turning the bud into speed basically? lol

vindiesel

Veteran
i have a few big colas with thick long buds. they are hung like everything else...upside down by branch. since they are thick do i leave them to dry like smaller buds or should i crack apart...? thanks. :joint:
vin

Smoking Gun

Vin let those dry just as you are doing. On the bigger colas I would just keep an eye out for mold. Also I would keep a fan going on them if you are really worried about mold.

As for the browning you are seeing, you are correct in saying its the flush. A flush is done to force the plant to use up all its store nutrients. When its nutrients are depleated the leaves will start to yellow and die. This is actually a good sign when you see this, you know there will be no excess nutrient salts in your smoke.

As for the smoke, it is fantastic. It has a taste reminicent of Sensi Star, kinda spicy, minty and floral. It also has an added sweetness and smooth texture to the smoke. Its a fantstic smoke, rising to the to of my list. Its not all that bad you chopped when you did, as the buzz can be very lethargic and stick you to your couch. I have been using Ice cream right before bed. I am sure you will love it. very nice work.

Sleepy

Veteran
An Amazing First Grow!

An Amazing First Grow!

yea, you did great, Vin.

:jump:

nice work.

:smoke: :canabis: :friends:

superuber

Yea not all strains will turn amber when there ready. I pull when there almost all cloudy to get that KO buzz im looking for. I hear to much about amber trics on this site which confuses alot of people who really dont know alot.

Stick with more cloudy trics rather then amber. Usually from my experience if there is gonna be any amber which i personally don't care for you will see a few when the trics are 30-40% cloudy.

Am i tripping 8th pic down is that a main cola growing in your reflector?
Im gonna come out and say it that your plants are burnt cause they look way to close to your lights. There is a difference with leaves using up all there nutes and turning yellow and burning when the leaves are brown thats from light burn. Look at his leaves there crispy and brown that = burnt. How many inches is your reflector from your plants and in case i missed it what kind of light 1000 600 ect?

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice Job

nice Job

Great job Vin...nice images and grow..DD
42153771_project_062408.JPG

Last edited:

yohomz

vindiesel said:
how could they be burnt if i'm using no nutes...? i figured as bud matures the leaves just dry up.

^^^
Heat.

Looks like some very heady nugz tho. Nice job.

vindiesel

Veteran
these bitches have that hay smell...!
i guess it's normal...
i don't think i chopped too early...66 days.....