What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calle‘s Minigrow - Soma‘s AH F2 - Flowerday 30

oldmaninbc

Without my project I would stick to alcohol or women :p bad times over here but I know how to be calm in a good more healthy way :)

Sometimes I really like my brain…

View attachment 18966244

View attachment 18966245
Whatever issues are bothering you I hope you find some resolve soon. I have to agree with you about a calm state of mind, I'll take that over anxiety any day of the week. I recall rolling downhill backwards in my truck when my brakes failed, it was a calm state of mind that kept the worst from happening.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Thank you Oldman and Hombre - Appreciate it!

I am still on fire overall but I took good decisions for myself to not to things I normally do if it’s a bad time! Was a bit busy with the box again today. Really don’t know what I am doing but I try to get perfect conditions.

3/5 of me uuhhm of the plants are really unhappy. Thought about a new start today or pop few more beans.. Or ask someone for cuttings xD

IMG_7840.jpeg
IMG_7846.jpeg

Today it was maximum 28 C and the plants became more droopy over the day..

Tommorow I will adjust the conditions and hope the plants will recover.

Peace

revegeta666

They look overwatered to me @Calle Minogue. Those containers are quite big for the size of the plants making it more difficult to water the correct amount. What I do is to lift the pots every day and the day they seem a lot lighter, is the day I water the plants.

Also, how many watts is your led? They are stressed and are not going to tolerate a strong light in that state. Can you regulate the potency? If you can, I would turn the light way down. You have very little vertical space to play with, and young plants are too weak to have the led so close unless you dim the light. This is why I suggested you used CFLs or fluos, because then the plants could grow right up to a few cm off the light with no issues.

Edit - also looking at the pics, the position of the fans makes me think maybe air isn't being exchanged well enough at the level of the plants. It looks like your fans are at the level of the quantum board to move the cool it which isn't a bad idea but maybe I would place the fans lower aiming directly at the plants. I also don't see an air intake in the pics. Is there one?

Last edited:

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Oh dear, that's not so good.

What are your temperatures, both day and night?

Ph of water/feed?

Are you feeding anything currently? If so, what ec?

The day with the drastic change was like the coldest ever since. I t was like maximum 28c.

In the night I have 15c air temps and the heating mat has 24c. So the soil has something in between ?!

Yesterday I taped few inhale holes and temp was between 30-31,9C.

I gave them only water. Don’t know the ph.

So from my Pont its overwatering like @revegeta666 mentioned paired with to cold conditions.

@chilliwilli Nice idea but the system is depleted and I am not suffering heat problems so much. The system can run few days alone now with constant conditions..

Yesterday morning vs today

IMG_7871.jpeg
IMG_7873.jpeg

Hope you guys doing well at your end!

revegeta666

The day with the drastic change was like the coldest ever since. I t was like maximum 28c.

In the night I have 15c air temps and the heating mat has 24c. So the soil has something in between ?!

So from my Pont its overwatering like @revegeta666 mentioned paired with to cold conditions.

@chilliwilli Nice idea but the system is depleted and I am not suffering heat problems so much. The system can run few days alone now with constant conditions..

View attachment 18967707
View attachment 18967706

Plants don't get droopy like that because if temperature issues.

Do you have a dedicated air intake? If you don't have one this would be limiting the airflow inside the fridge. Maybe overwatering is your main problem as you say, but having overwatered and humid air accumulating around the plants will make it more difficult for the plants to recover. I would personally make a hole at plant height for fresh air intake, on the opposite side of the extraction, so it makes a steady air current. I would double down on the fans, and point them directly towards the plants.

Edit - you can help them recover in the meantime, by opening the fridge door a few times a day, as many as you can, to ensure fresh air gets inside.

Last edited:

thandee

Hi Calle,in general if you have 20°C in the night,around 25 °C through the day ,the plants will recover day after day...they stressed very much the past days and need their time...
And don't give water in the soil...
Make them bath 🚿 on the leaves...
This will help a lot because they love humidity on veg....
Please no nutrients or pesticides on this stage....and especially no chemicals!!!!
I hope this will help you!

revegeta666

Careful don't be spraying water on plants that are overwatered. You want to lower the humidity to help them recover, not increase it. Vegging plants love high humidity when they are in good health. Plants that are droopy like that indicate there's a problem in the rootzone, probably roots rotting because they are not getting oxygen because of the lack of a dry period. Increase the airflow and keep a lower humidity until they recover or you might be getting worse issues. Like fungal attacks.

oldmaninbc

View attachment 18967707
View attachment 18967706

Hello Calle, I just use some cheap litmus paper for pH, it gives a good indication of PH. Place the strip of paper into the water, pull it out and in a minute it changes color. Compare the color to the chart. The water from my tap is PH7. Do you do any other gardening?

thandee

Hi Calle , really i can't understand so much stress....overwatering is almost impossible in this pots and this plants!!!
Your soil is new,fresh???
Please use fresh soil on new plants , especially indoors...
Maybe alot of watts for this room???
And this is almost impossible with leds...
Too much chemical nutrients???
You don't need them other than good organic soil!!!
What you understand about your plants?
You live with them...
Tell us your thoughts!
Otherwise as time passes your plants will become healthy again!!!
AND THE BEST ORGANIC PESTICIDE THAT WHERE I LIVE USED FROM ANCIENT TIMES AND GIVE ME HEALTH PLANTS SO MANY YEARS IS THIS...
For indoor and outdoor plants,not only cannabis...

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_072102.jpg
    IMG_20240303_072102.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 36

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Hey guys thanks for all ya love and taking care of me and my project!

I thought till yesterday that I was the guy who overwatered the plants.

I asked in parallel some people in a German Forum and they had first the same understanding as I and revegeta.
Overwatering or maybe to hot roots.
IMG_7905.jpeg IMG_7904.jpeg

Honestly the roots looked amazing and the soil wasn’t that much wet as I thought.

Yesterday I checked my water.

IMG_7907.jpeg
IMG_7906.jpeg

Seems like a big Cal/mag disbalance and therefore I decided (impulsive as always and out of urgency because they looked so horrible) to dive them in tap water which was modified with some Magnesiumcitrate.

Either it will work or I will make anew start :cry:

thandee

Hi Calle...soap is soap...green soap is soap that made 100% from olive oil...
I hope you can find it in your place...
Its 100% organic and safe in every use...
You can find it grinded... that's what you want ...its cheap and believe me its the best organic pesticide you can use for your plants... indoor and outdoor...
Its like you make bath...same for the plants...use it if you want every day...
No problem...i hope you will find it...
I think its easy nowadays...blast from the past....
If you find it tell me to give you the recipe!!!
Have a nice day!!!

revegeta666

Hey guys thanks for all ya love and taking care of me and my project!

I thought till yesterday that I was the guy who overwatered the plants.

I asked in parallel some people in a German Forum and they had first the same understanding as I and revegeta.
Overwatering or maybe to hot roots.
View attachment 18968155 View attachment 18968156

Honestly the roots looked amazing and the soil wasn’t that much wet as I thought.

Yesterday I checked my water.

View attachment 18968153
View attachment 18968154

Seems like a big Cal/mag disbalance and therefore I decided (impulsive as always and out of urgency because they looked so horrible) to dive them in tap water which was modified with some Magnesiumcitrate.

Either it will work or I will make anew start :cry:
You didn't answer if you have a dedicated air intake. If you do, where is it located, and where is the extraction located?

Also, a pH of 7.7 is high enough that plants will have difficulties uptaking some important micro nutrients.
descarga (6).jpeg

Even if you don't have a pH meter, adding just 2-3 drops of vinegar or lemon juice in the water (per L) will bring pH down a notch and help them feed better. I still would buy a meter though.

I don't know how to interpret those concentration numbers but if there is a large amount of calcium in your water, your plants could be experiencing a blockage due to accumulation of salts. Can you drink your tap water? Or is it too "hard"? Again you could know if this is the cause, checking the runoff water with a cheap EC mete.r