What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calle‘s Minigrow - Soma‘s AH F2 - Flowerday 30

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Hey Folks,

Seems like I am up for a small project :) last indoor attempt ist 2 decades ago since I am an OD only guy. But since I got gifted a few M39 F3 beans I thought it maybe make sense to have the possibilities to save the F3 as cuts! Everything starts with an idea :)

I have no idea what I need for light and Carbon filter etc.

My target is to hold some cuts of this years OD season.

I guess I will share the progress here and hope I can grab few advices. It’s early in the year so hopefully I can manage to have this box running till end of July :)

Roughly measured 40x40x70
IMG_6781.jpeg

CocoNut 420

Nice one, it depends on your climate, it's cool where I am so T5s or a 100/150w cfl would be my choice for lights.
In a warm climate led might be a better option?

You'll need some ventilation in it, I think 4" is ample.

I've got a little clone tent I use a 20w bathroom on small plug controller with options of thermostatic or cyclic.

revegeta666

Yeah thanks I will take this into consideration. @revegeta666 How much distance to the plants is required? With led and 20-30cm I guess it’s not a good idea xD
One of the reasons fluos and cfl are so great, is the leaves can be almost touching the tubes and won't burn.
I think fluos are the best choice for your space. They do have downsides like the inferior production, and lack of electrical efficiency which converts into heat (although this is not a bad thing in winter).

Ca++

Each shelf there seems to contain refrigeration lines. Greenhouse gas under pressure. I would probably take that to the tip, where it can be disposed of properly. Which means capturing the gas.

Getting another with shelves that come out, shouldn't cost anything much. Or you could just buy a tent, which can be stored away between seasons. That might work better for height. Flowering with limited headroom isn't as easy as it looks. Some people find a 2 meter tall tent to be hard work. Using up half of that for the height of the pots, and the space between the light and plants. That is more space than an under counter box has. A flowered cutting could hit the roof of that.

Hasch

learning and laughing
I think this one fits the bill:

It has sufficient power to dim it down a little for the moms and is 3850 K, so also possible to flower under it.

In my experience Bloomtec provides good customer service and is available in Germany.
I find thats a big plus when compared to Phlizon.

Your exhaust system with the tiny inline fan seems like it would fit well for your project 👍🏼

This would be my choice for ventilation:

You can also put the whole exhaust system outside of the freezer to save space inside...
Have it suck straight into the fan and then push through the carbon filter.

Last edited:

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
@Ca++ @Hasch

Thanks for your input - much appreciated!

I checked the habibi board and the support gave me also the advice. But if I take the 100w board I can also dimm the power and have the chance to increase the space if I want :)
The difference with 60€ between both boards seems bearable and I will win 2 cm in heights with the 100w board..

With the depletion of the system I checked a mate who has have a contact who can help me.

I don’t want to buy a tent primary due to stealth reasons and I guess the thermo management will be a lot better in the freezer :) or ?

I am tending to do it low cost but I don’t want to complain or buy twice.

Maybe I should do a bench calculation.

What else do I need ?

Latest posts

Latest posts