What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dark shade in late afternoon

Howdy all. So, I am well underway on a purple kush outdoor grow, and the spot I am using has great direct sun from morning till late afternoon (7 am - 5 pm) however at 5 the shade really hits, and is pretty dark. The area around is still lit up for another 3 hours. I already cut trees/brush as much as I could without compromising security, and gained 3 hours of direct light. So my question is, will semi dark shade start flowering my plants? I have them in a closer spot now that is all day light, but they are 2 feet tall, and are ready, and have to be moved soon .

Spot at 6pm

Attachments

• 20200525_182649.jpg
    20200525_182649.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 19

St. Phatty

Howdy all. So, I am well underway on a purple kush outdoor grow, and the spot I am using has great direct sun from morning till late afternoon (7 am - 5 pm) however at 5 the shade really hits, and is pretty dark. The area around is still lit up for another 3 hours. I already cut trees/brush as much as I could without compromising security, and gained 3 hours of direct light. So my question is, will semi dark shade start flowering my plants? I have them in a closer spot now that is all day light, but they are 2 feet tall, and are ready, and have to be moved soon .

probably not.

my shade comes from a hill to the south that comes into play in September.

that shades one deck. i have plants there and on another deck that get a few more hours of sun.

it seems like the shade moves flowering forward by a week.

but i usually have different plants in the 2 places. the area with the shade is better protected from deer & rippers so the bigger plants go there.

is it near your house or electricity ? not much cost in putting out some 10 watt LED lights.

therevverend

Veteran
No you're fine. I've got deep shade in the morning until 9:30 AM and after 5 PM and I wish my plants flowered faster..

dufous

I grow in maple swamps. The plants are shaded early and late in the day. They always flower at the normal time.

Great! That's all I needed to know. I kinda thought at the very least I would flower a tad sooner, and that's fine. Still have 2 months or more veg time, and the way it's going growth will be where I want it to be at flower. Lights are a definite security breach, and out of the question.

Latest posts

Latest posts