What's new

Announcement Dark Mode Beta Test

StevenHXF

Administrator
It's not finished but if you have sore eyes after a smoke you can test a new dark mode we're working on.

Please note THIS IS A BETA so there are a few rough edges and bugs. If you want to check it out scroll to the bottom of the page (on desktop) and click on default style, once the popup opens you need to select White Widow. Once you're in the White Widow version style you will see a lightbulb at the top of your browser (desktop version). Press that and you can switch between light and dark modes.

The new 'light' style is a totally reworked version of the current default style so is different to the current default style. In desktop mode there's a toggle at the bottom to change between boxed and full width version of the style. Change that depending on your preference.

Please do bear in mind this isn't finished and if you wish you can continue using the default style. There are bugs with this so please bear that in mind.

If we notice any show stoppers we might turn it off so don't get too attached to dark mode just yet.

Peace

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
Yes, thanks a lot. Working good so far. (Testing on mobile Android).

StevenHXF

Administrator
I thought you might be the first to comment. :ROFLMAO:

We do have a list of things still to work through so don't worry so much if you notice any weird little things, green where there should be black, hover issues, links not being quite right etc....

(y)

Reactions: Cvh

StevenHXF

Administrator
To add, the new light mode theme is in beta test as well as there are still one or two styling quirks to work sort out.

StevenHXF

Administrator
No problem at all. It also means I can browse the forum in bed at night without upsetting the wife because the phone is too bright. :ROFLMAO:

Let us know if you spot anything major, if it's a little thing chances are we're working on it.

Cvh

Supermod
The logo on top is gone when you're in Dark or Light mode on Android mobile. It's a bit annoying because I press it a lot to return to the main forum screen. Now I have to scroll all the way up in a long thread.

Default theme:
iMarkup_20220926_192256.jpg

White/Dark mode theme:
iMarkup_20220926_191943.jpg