What's new

Dark devil auto

Chong

Hi fellow growers!:)

So i bought a pack of Dark devil. Its my first time with automatic type of seeds. So i have a few questions.

I have a small vege box with cfls, usually i plant in 0.2-0.4l pots for 7-10 days and then i transplant to 2.5l, where they reach age 4-5 weeks and then they go outside.

Now this is a different story, because its an auto i belive if my goal is to maximize yield on this type a plant its better that i put them outside as early as i can if the weather is optimal.

So probably 7-10 days is enough and then they go outside
or
i start them outside right away.

On the flyer it says it produces 50-200g outside. I am realistic and
want to get the low end 50g which is already quite big for an auto.

So i have this 90l pots and they measure about 35 width x 70 length x 30 height in cm. I am thinking to put 2 plants in each pot.
Normally i just dig holes, but this is different, they will probably stay home as they dont get that big.

Is a mix of lithuania 250l peat moss and 70l of compost made of horse manure ok for this or is that too hot as they live just 70-80 days.
Should i just stick with a basic potting soil i can buy at the store.
I also want them to tase good and for that they musnt have much nutrients in soil on a harvest day.

How about training? For me it works best on a regular plant to just bend it over and then all the buds are long and big. Is it better to just leave them. For sure FIM isnt an option since they dont have time to regrow.

Anyway i just planted them after soaking for 36 hours and they all germinated.

Any input on this is apreciated:)

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers mate!

Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum ;)

Let me see if I can answer all your questions...

First of all, one question from me: is it your first time with autos outdoor?

Should i just stick with a basic potting soil i can buy at the store.

It depends on wether you already used that mix of "lithuania peat moss" and "compost made of horse manure" previously with success or not. If you used that soil mix in previous years and the results were good, then please repeat and the results will be equally good or even better.

If you never used that soil, try and get soil from a growshop.

How about training?

It depends on how the plants develop. If they start stretching more than you wanted, you can train them so that at least the top of the plant get lowered. But wait and see, then decide.

And yes, FIM is probably a bad idea.

You say that you would take them outdoors with 4-5 weeks, but beware that once they are 4-5 weeks old they will be focused on flowering, so if they are small plants at that age they will end up as small plants, no matter how big the pot you use for flowering is.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated.

Sweet smokes!

tommy