What's new

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

Dankwolf

Ogkb 2.0 x Ansetrial skunk.

Ogkb 2.0 x Ansetrial skunk.

No worries bud, we got more, and we can make more.:tiphat: Hope the reveg goes ok for ya though. My last reveg was with flo and happy pussy. Flo took a good 50 days for a nice healthy top to come out and dominate.

I have not found a skunk y phenom out of any of them yet but the way the ogkb 2.0 dominated the Ansetrial cross structure wise it seemed to be the only cross that did not inherit the ansestrials lack of structure yet retain his terps profile the best so far.

I really wanted to hit ogkb x Ancestrial (2) again with the Ancestrial . I really think there would be some extremely steller plants to be found even if not skunk
I had also planed to select a skunky male from my cotton candy x Ancestrial cross to hit this same plant.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Was wondering about your thoughts on reinforcing through back cross,
so I'll read more posts of this fine thread.

My head spins at the work you have done and am glad you have
taken the time to share this with us all.

Stellar.

Dankwolf

Was wondering about your thoughts on reinforcing through back cross,
so I'll read more posts of this fine thread.

My head spins at the work you have done and am glad you have
taken the time to share this with us all.

Stellar.

Honestly I am looking to do the opposite of back crossing in a way. ( mybe some,one can answer better then me ).what I look to achieve would be to use a land race as a doner instead of using a land race as the recurrent parent . I am trying to fast track some old genes into a modern hybrid . so the recurrent parent would be the elite . hope that answers your question . :tiphat:

Dankwolf

Explantion of back crossing .googeled it

Explantion of back crossing .googeled it

The backcross breeding approach can be employed to introduce a specific trait, such as disease resistance, from one line, often an unimproved line, to another line that is typically an elite breeding line. This page provides an explanation and a visual representation of the backcrossing process and backcross populations.
Backcross breeding is an effective method to transfer one or a few genes controlling a specific trait from one line into a second—usually elite—breeding line. The parent with the desired trait, called the donor parent, provides the desired trait and may not perform as well as an elite variety in other areas. The elite line, called the recurrent parent, usually performs well in all other areas. Backcrossing involves making an initial cross between the donor and recurrent parents. The resultant F1 progeny have 50% of their genetic material from each parent (Fig. 1). F1 individuals are crossed to the recurrent parent to develop a backcross one (BC1) population. Individuals from the BC1 population are once again crossed to the recurrent parent. Each generation of backcrossing reduces the proportion of the donor parent present in the population by half (Fig. 1). This cycle of crossing backcross progeny to the recurrent parent continues until a new line that is identical to the recurrent parent, but with the desired gene or trait from the donor parent is created. By the BC4 generation, the lines are >96% identical to the recurrent parent. The backcrossing process can often be accelerated using marker-assisted backcrossing, also known as background selection.

Dankwolf

Sour d s1,from early 2000

Sour d s1,from early 2000

Finaly going to try a few . this is my own stock form,early 2000. ( did,not date them )

picture.php
picture.php

Dankwolf

Blue star x Ansetrial (#1) 63 days .

Blue star x Ansetrial (#1) 63 days .

Me. light ammonia, fruity ,berry , skunky with a black pepper finish

3rd party. Skunky / friuty

.5 x stretch
oder strength 8 out of 10
No foxtailing
Not picky
Super fucking frosty sticky oily
Structure is lacking
Can't support her self

This is my wifes fav so far :tiphat:

She is all floped,over in first pic .in my defense miraculous meds my wife says I am smell blind to the plants any more . so maybe they are smelling more then I thought. Its so hard when you spend at least 2 hours a day with them .:tiphat:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
1x stretch
oder strength 6 out of 10
No foxtailing
Not picky
A few bannas

Me.* fresh lether , ammonia, bitter Cayenne with a floral funk finish .

3 rd,party.*** Stank ,ammonia with a super light fruit finish

Side note vary sticky almost like a cheap super glue . not oily at all . so far my favorite of the ogkb x Ansetrials .Should color up nicely with cold temps

plant will get same dark period before chop. Smoke reports and bag appel reports when dry/ cured .

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Do they smell like the mom? Structurally they look pretty close.:tiphat:

Dankwolf

Plants that are floppy needed more exercise from a fan earlier on in life to build stronger stems.

I culled it . if I kepped all plants that only had one issue I would need a NFL football stadium to keep them in lol. So some time s you just got to be picky .

There is a blue star xvdeath star with just as much frost but,bigger buds and it is able,to hold them up way better .:tiphat:

But yes it could have been staked and a fan to help . but I am merely trying to find the best of the best .

All,testers so far have been winners in ways .

Dankwolf

Blue star x Ansetrial skunk (#3) 65 days of flower

Blue star x Ansetrial skunk (#3) 65 days of flower

Me** Feet ,skunk, gas,fruity with a earthy finish .

3 rd party. Earthy , skunky as a mother fucker **

1.5-2 x stretch
No foxtailing
Not picky
Stacks well
A little airy
Large calyx
Frosty

She was in corner of room . she can take,more and do a lot better . she would be great/ off the hook for a stadium typ of grow. Had some nanners last week of flower .

All plants were stressed to a point . I wanted to make is easy to call out any shemales . I would guess under normal conditions this girl could easily be a grial typ of plant . I honestly can't fathom what she could do if dialed in ( no joke). She did great for 65 days of flower

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

If you switch from Bic lighters to using those ones with the electric spark for ignition instead of flint then you'll be still able to smoke while your fingers are covered in resin

Miraculous Meds

Me** Feet ,skunk, gas,fruity with a earthy finish .

3 rd party. Earthy , skunky as a mother fucker **

1.5-2 x stretch
No foxtailing
Not picky
Stacks well
A little airy
Large calyx
Frosty

She was in corner of room . she can take,more and do a lot better . she would be great/ off the hook for a stadium typ of grow. Had some nanners last week of flower .

All plants were stressed to a point . I wanted to make is easy to call out any shemales . I would guess under normal conditions this girl could easily be a grial typ of plant . I honestly can't fathom what she could do if dialed in ( no joke). She did great for 65 days of flower

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

That gal thru down. Interested to see if the skunky aroma is retained thru drying and curing. Did any of the bs x as or ds x bs crosses turn purple for you? They may need to ripen to around 70 days plus for full fade.

Its tricky to pluck out subtle differences once you stuck a few of those sticky buds towards your nose. When im seriously trying to get different aromas on multiple plants in a day, I usually use disposable vinyl gloves, so I can wipe them off with iso between each plant, to discern the different aromas.

Dankwolf

That gal thru down. Interested to see if the skunky aroma is retained thru drying and curing. Did any of the bs x as or ds x bs crosses turn purple for you? They may need to ripen to around 70 days plus for full fade.

Its tricky to pluck out subtle differences once you stuck a few of those sticky buds towards your nose. When im seriously trying to get different aromas on multiple plants in a day, I usually use disposable vinyl gloves, so I can wipe them off with iso between each plant, to discern the different aromas.

No color or fade . but night temps have been around 72°

Nice thing is the way they have been coming down . I am only touching one at a time . but if a pull more then one out I will employ you vinel glove idea . the thing I find odd about aroma of a bud is you take that bud to 10 people you will get mostly 10 different responses . then again some,people I thing are nose blind if that makes sense .

troutman

Seed Whore
The leaves look way too green for fading to happen.

i.e too much nitrogen

Try less nutes on one plant once flowering starts next time and see what happens. :)

Dankwolf

The leaves look way too green for fading to happen.

i.e too much nitrogen

Try less nutes on one plant once flowering starts next time and see what happens. :)

Nitrogen was pulled at 2 weeks of flower and switched over to bloom nutes that have 0 nitrogen . unfortunately I don't have the time,or ability to I'd just for each plant in a room . if I ran her again I might pull the veg nute back at first week of flower .

Dankwolf

If you switch from Bic lighters to using those ones with the electric spark for ignition instead of flint then you'll be still able to smoke while your fingers are covered in resin

You should try rolling a cigarette or joint while triming . yes I have mastered both . but I will say even the cig will get you baked lol.

Dankwolf

ak47

ak47

I picked up a cut of ak47 some one said hopefully it is the cherry phenom .,well to answer your question it smell s exactly like cherry cough medicine/ cherry cough drops me and my wife both are finding the smell, disgustingat least at moment . it is 4 weeks or so in to flower

No skunk thats for sure . I will throw a pic for those that wanted . I guess its a rare cut ?

Latest posts

Latest posts