What's new

Dank Demons Perpetual 3600 watt LED 18 plant SCROG

G

GreenPlant

Hmmn Wish Now With that kind of draw i got the 1200w.
Later in tha Year :smoke:

VA=Actual Draw of Watts,bro
WATT Reading was about 20 lower,think

Arn't They Good.. If i'd of Known the W was that Low..!

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
A few plant pictures of week 2 of flower in the LED rrom and I thought I would take a few shots of my week 6 200 watt flowering SCROG as well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

GreenPlant

Initial Thought was How good that Looks [leds]and thats true.Then I Remembered My old NFT System and What a Nightmare That Could be Because [of my syle].I Mostly Had Too Many Plants I.E 9 Each Side of my what 6'6" x 3.5'? Table.Too Many Plants For Me,they often Ended up in a Tangled Mess.
Eye Can see By what ya done with that HID Scrog Though,Ya got things Covered :smoke:
Looks well bud,kudos

Dank Demon

Veteran
Did it mention what type of leds it has? I know you mentioned 5w, any mention of brand?

Hello, they said this in one of their replies:
The light is actual 1200w light for there are 240pcs 5w leds in the light, so the light is real 1200w light. We are using Epistar 5W leds to our lights, and you can go to Epistar website to check. :tiphat:

G

GreenPlant

My luck with not paying any duty or import ended today with an invoice coming through from Fedex for £54.37 So put them all in the UK for just over £1400:noway: Off to go and test the amps now and try and get some pics of the insides :)

:(
Got mine Today.
£23.98

D

DirkDiggla

I just got vat bill for £23.98 as well emailed them claiming it was second hand not had reply yet though.

Dank Demon

Veteran
love the look of the 200w 6th week ones - i bet your new ones will have just as much swagger in a few weeks ;)

Thanks for the support my friend :) I hope they have just as much swagger as the heat here at the moment is stupid, and due a heat wave at the weekend :(

:(
Got mine Today.
£23.98

Yep its a bit of a bite in the ass from the government :(

I just got vat bill for £23.98 as well emailed them claiming it was second hand not had reply yet though.

WTF?? Does this mean anyone who has bought these have this to look forward to as well mate? I was not expecting another charge, so mine is also second hand. :tiphat::ying:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some variation here.

Was charged import duty and a handling charge plus vat on both , added about 40% to the original bill , from 200 to 285.

Some of these charges are low compared to the one i took a hit on last year.

G

GreenPlant

? TOTAL Amount Due £23.98.

Also included Another A4 Sheet Titled Commercial Invoice
Stating Unit Value US $55 Shipping Costs $45 Total US $100
Signed in China and doesn't say anything is owed
Of the Bill is £13.48 EU VAT,£10.50 clearance charge. =£23.98
This is FEDEX.Can't imagine them being Iffy SU :smoke:

A 2nd Bill?

D

DirkDiggla

The added VAT seems to becoming a lot more common the first few lights I got abroad had no VAT bills follow them but the last one did if both you and Greenplant got a bill as well it looks like its something you need to take into consideration. The company must be used to this happening as there putting the value down as only $55 the Vat on the real price would be a lot more. Dont know if claiming the item is second hand will work will report back on that. One things for definite is that I won't be paying it anytime soon. lol.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ordered cameras ect from Hong Kong for decades and always got away with it till recently , with a financial incentive in the handling fee the likes of Fedex are looking actively for taxable items.

Marking with a silly low value or as a sample/gift/second user must be obvious by now , especially when thousands of similar parcels come through.

The gov site states the import duty rate for importing Led lights into the United Kingdom is 4.7%.

The import VAT rate for Led lights is 20%.

Carriers can charge 20 quid plus VAT for doing the payment on your behalf , to speed delivery , or make some dosh.

They will have already paid this money to the exchequer to release it from bonded store , and have a reputation for pursueing even the smallest amounts through the county court system if you ignore them.

D

DirkDiggla

Good info foomar, so its safe to say now fedex have relised they can make some money that all orders will be subject to the spurious VAT charge. Sorry for going a bit off topic DankDemon hope your results will make up for all the costs.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannot get any figures on how much revenue this generates , which raises suspicions about the motive and seemingly random application.

I will allow for the full fees if ordering dropshipped in the future , can only get worse over time , should be possible to haggle with cash from an outlet in the UK and get a similar price , with an easy return compared to shipping back.

For many years there was little risk haveing tobacco sent from Portugal at a good saveing , then they oppened a new sorting depot with sniffers and it became impossible within a few months.

Dank Demon

Veteran
Sorry folks this diary will have to go on pause :(

Sorry folks this diary will have to go on pause :(

Well today temps have reached 51 celcius in the loft and the air being brought into the room is so warm that all the plants have turned to limp sorry looking things apart from a few.Even the aquarium chillers temp is 26c. I have had to turn off the lights to reduce the heat to see if I can get them to pull through, but if this heat carries on looks like I might have to pause the loft grow until it stops :nono::frown::badday: Sorry folks but nobody is as gutted as me.

Latest posts

Latest posts