What's new

Dang it Grandma!!

moose eater

do you really mean 2 ounces in one gigantic paper? o_O How did you manage to roll it up in a decent way, I mean did you use one of those sushi-making-mats to roll them up? I mean bloody hell!! How mayn of you enjoyed such a big one?
Same way you'd roll a tent tightly; make sure each area keeps up with the other, and crimp with your fingers as you tuck. Just not so hard that the paper's destroyed. And yes, if done properly, they'd burn without too much run. If done improperly, they were a true fire hazzard.

Bear in mind that an oz of either Colombian brick/bale weed, or an oz of Mexican brick weed back then was seeded, sometimes heavily. Which is also where 'hinged' album covers came into play; tilting the album with half flat on a surface, and half raised, and repeatedly lifting the weed, typicaly with the rollling paper cover or driver's license, up onto the raised half of the hinged album cover, and letting the seeds roll down into the hinge area of the Lp cover.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
No kissing going on for a while... Wifey has COVID and Im trying to stay away from grandma as much as possible. I wear mask and sanitize the hell outta myself before going in. So far, I have no symptoms, but rather safe than sorry.
have my last surviving Aunts birthday this weekend, she turns 93. Covid is loose in her nursing home, several in isolation. she's getting "short" obviously, and i'm not planning on living forever either. she'll get birthday hugs...and maybe a wine cooler too. she said "no presents, please!" but...:whistling:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
That was the 'Big Bambu' Lp, with the ONE giant paper, supposedly made from similar construct as the actual Bambu rolling papers. I think we fit close to an oz and a half or maybe even 2 of either Mexican or Colombian into those. Getting them to burn evenly required a tightly rolled doobie.

The challenges of youth.

The yellow/gold Lp linked above I -think- came out before the Big Bambu Lp, and was my first of theirs. Not sure my mother appreciated it. In her eyes/mind, it was likely just another symbolic message that she was fighting for the futures of her children, who were being less-than-quietly abducted and programmed into the HIPPIE CULT!! :)

It was OK, though. I still laughed at her Pete Seeger Lps, and listened to her Louis Armstrong and Harry Belafonte records. The -real- 'seeds' of a classicly liberal, wayward, youth of 'inexpensive transiency' and experimentation. *Still have a whole lot of her and her family's records in the basement in storage, including nearly ancient jazz and blues on 78s.
didn't payt much attention to that shit in the day LOL
do you really mean 2 ounces in one gigantic paper? o_O How did you manage to roll it up in a decent way, I mean did you use one of those sushi-making-mats to roll them up? I mean bloody hell!! How mayn of you enjoyed such a big one?
l
l
l
l
l
l
v
nah just pulling your leg. It lasted all night we would let it go out and resume when we wanted a toot.

Last edited:

Cuddles

Same way you'd roll a tent tightly; make sure each area keeps up with the other, and crimp with your fingers as you tuck. Just not so hard that the paper's destroyed. And yes, if done properly, they'd burn without too much run. If done improperly, they were a true fire hazzard.

Bear in mind that an oz of either Colombian brick/bale weed, or an oz of Mexican brick weed back then was seeded, sometimes heavily. Which is also where 'hinged' album covers came into play; tilting the album with half flat on a surface, and half raised, and repeatedly lifting the weed, typicaly with the rollling paper cover or driver's license, up onto the raised half of the hinged album cover, and letting the seeds roll down into the hinge area of the Lp cover.
I have honestly never considered rolling one up with the help of a double LP album. Love the idea though :D

Okay guys, you´re all gonna have a good ol´giggle about this one :

the phone rang a few hours ago, not long after I got back home and I didn´t have the time to roll up up a fag. The conversation lasted a little longer than expected but I really wanted a smoke. I ended up trying to roll one with just one hand.
It took me forever and did not go very well. I couldn´t even lift it to lick it, so I tried to do it with it lying on the table.
But the whole thing was just way too loose.
So, I got a second paper and rolled it around the first attempt. It was terrible and still too loose BUT I was able to smoke it anyway!

Bloody hell, it has NEVER taken me this long to roll one up, not even my very first one, which was when I was still doing my A´levels :biggrin:
PS for our american friends on this forum that is 11th and 12th grade :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have honestly never considered rolling one up with the help of a double LP album. Love the idea though :D

Okay guys, you´re all gonna have a good ol´giggle about this one :

the phone rang a few hours ago, not long after I got back home and I didn´t have the time to roll up up a fag. The conversation lasted a little longer than expected but I really wanted a smoke. I ended up trying to roll one with just one hand.
It took me forever and did not go very well. I couldn´t even lift it to lick it, so I tried to do it with it lying on the table.
But the whole thing was just way too loose.
So, I got a second paper and rolled it around the first attempt. It was terrible and still too loose BUT I was able to smoke it anyway!

Bloody hell, it has NEVER taken me this long to roll one up, not even my very first one, which was when I was still doing my A´levels :biggrin:
PS for our american friends on this forum that is 11th and 12th grade :)
LOL :) Ever hear of... can I call you right back, something came up.

Cuddles

LOL :) Ever hear of... can I call you right back, something came up.
lol, and she would ask: oh, what? SHe would have heard the door bell because my flat is small ;) no, I didn´t really want to hang up, I just wanted to enjoy a smoke whilst talking :)