What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dang it Grandma!!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I take care of my grandma, shes in later stages of dementia now. I was trying to show grandma a picture of some animals on my phone. I handed her the phone and she just kinda stares. Well, I wasn't really paying attention because I was sitting next to her trimming buds. In the 90 seconds or so that she had the phone I got a notification from eBay and she somehow clicked on it and bought a $150 autographed picture of Cheech and Chong!!
I didn't know anything about it. I found out almost 3 hours later, and tried to cancel the purchase, but the seller had already dropped it off at the post office. 😂
I sent it back and was refunded.
Gotta love her.

Cuddles

okay, I have no idea who these two are but you say they´re animals, so I´m guessing chimps maybe?
What did their autographs look like?
PS, maaybe don´t show her stuff on ebay in the future, lol ;)

fast shipping btw!!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Cheech and Chong are humans. They are actors that made a series of cannabis humor movies in America.
I was showing her pictures of animals that I took with my camera phone. Somehow she purchased the item on eBay.

Cuddles

Cheech and Chong are humans. They are actors that made a series of cannabis humor movies in America.
I was showing her pictures of animals that I took with my camera phone. Somehow she purchased the item on eBay.
I see, I guess she just liked them, but 150 USD? for this money I think I´d rather have the autographs of chimps... :biggrin:
btw, are they good actors? what are the movies called, maybe I´ll kep a look out for them.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I guess the most famous ones were Up In Smoke, Nice Dreams, Still Smoking..
b2436388-52bc-482c-8db9-860027885eb1_1.288f2f242af55144048cf6ceb59b00a6.jpeg
71U7LQ7O9RL._AC_SL1024_.jpg
Cheech-and-Chong-main-scaled.jpg

I do have rolling papers autographed by them, so I don't need the picture for that money.

Cuddles

Are any of these films up on youtube? If they are I´ll bear them in mind next time I have a download marathon :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

They were NA icons back in the '70s. Although they were part of a larger group (activist). They are partly responsible in moving towards legalization in NA, which is now a "fait accompli" in Canada anyway. It could be as well in the US if the govt would stop screwing around.

Watch the video! The FBI were pulling shit just like we see today, going after their "families" unless you coped a plea for paraphernalia. You know, there is more dope inside than on the streets LOL. Anybody who served time knows this. It is not just in the movies.

Yup! Justice was served that day LOL.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I take care of my grandma, shes in later stages of dementia now. I was trying to show grandma a picture of some animals on my phone. I handed her the phone and she just kinda stares. Well, I wasn't really paying attention because I was sitting next to her trimming buds. In the 90 seconds or so that she had the phone I got a notification from eBay and she somehow clicked on it and bought a $150 autographed picture of Cheech and Chong!!
I didn't know anything about it. I found out almost 3 hours later, and tried to cancel the purchase, but the seller had already dropped it off at the post office. 😂
I sent it back and was refunded.
Gotta love her.
dude! you sent back the birthday present she ordered for you? :snap out of it:lol...give her a kiss for me.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yeah, my buddy said I should have kept it just for the story of grandma ordering it.
You are right tho, I probably should have.

No kissing going on for a while... Wifey has COVID and Im trying to stay away from grandma as much as possible. I wear mask and sanitize the hell outta myself before going in. So far, I have no symptoms, but rather safe than sorry.

Cuddles

Well, I wish your wife all the best and hope it´s not too bad and she recovers soon!
Keeping safe must be pretty difficult, do you at least have a guest room to sleep in?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yeah, my buddy said I should have kept it just for the story of grandma ordering it.
You are right tho, I probably should have.

No kissing going on for a while... Wifey has COVID and Im trying to stay away from grandma as much as possible. I wear mask and sanitize the hell outta myself before going in. So far, I have no symptoms, but rather safe than sorry.
^^:good:^^

moose eater

Are any of these films up on youtube? If they are I´ll bear them in mind next time I have a download marathon :)
They did phonographic records (Lps = 33-1/3 records to play on the stereo) long before they did m/any movies.

You can probably look up a bunch of their skits on YouTube.

In 1972 their stuff was hilarious, but then we were young, love-bead-wearing hippies, trying to be older and wiser than we were. These days their humor lacks a certain... sophistication.

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
They did phonographic records (Lps = 33-1/3 records to play on the stereo) long before they did m/any movies.

You can probably look up a bunch of their skits on YouTube.

In 1972 their stuff was hilarious, but then we were young, love-bead-wearing hippies, trying to be older and wiser than we were. These days their humor lacks a certain... sophistication.

We rolled a hell of a joint with the included paper :biggrin:

moose eater

We rolled a hell of a joint with the included paper :biggrin:
That was the 'Big Bambu' Lp, with the ONE giant paper, supposedly made from similar construct as the actual Bambu rolling papers. I think we fit close to an oz and a half or maybe even 2 of either Mexican or Colombian into those. Getting them to burn evenly required a tightly rolled doobie.

The challenges of youth.

The yellow/gold Lp linked above I -think- came out before the Big Bambu Lp, and was my first of theirs. Not sure my mother appreciated it. In her eyes/mind, it was likely just another symbolic message that she was fighting for the futures of her children, who were being less-than-quietly abducted and programmed into the HIPPIE CULT!! :)

It was OK, though. I still laughed at her Pete Seeger Lps, and listened to her Louis Armstrong and Harry Belafonte records. The -real- 'seeds' of a classicly liberal, wayward, youth of 'inexpensive transiency' and experimentation. *Still have a whole lot of her and her family's records in the basement in storage, including nearly ancient jazz and blues on 78s.

Cuddles

That was the 'Big Bambu' Lp, with the ONE giant paper, supposedly made from similar construct as the actual Bambu rolling papers. I think we fit close to an oz and a half or maybe even 2 of either Mexican or Colombian into those. Getting them to burn evenly required a tightly rolled doobie.

The challenges of youth.

The yellow/gold Lp linked above I -think- came out before the Big Bambu Lp, and was my first of theirs. Not sure my mother appreciated it. In her eyes/mind, it was likely just another symbolic message that she was fighting for the futures of her children, who were being less-than-quietly abducted and programmed into the HIPPIE CULT!! :)

It was OK, though. I still laughed at her Pete Seeger Lps, and listened to her Louis Armstrong and Harry Belafonte records. The -real- 'seeds' of a classicly liberal, wayward, youth of 'inexpensive transiency' and experimentation. *Still have a whole lot of her and her family's records in the basement in storage, including nearly ancient jazz and blues on 78s.
do you really mean 2 ounces in one gigantic paper? o_O How did you manage to roll it up in a decent way, I mean did you use one of those sushi-making-mats to roll them up? I mean bloody hell!! How mayn of you enjoyed such a big one?