What's new

Damakkus Grow Room

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Day 6 White Widow using Flora Nova nutes with 4" rockwool cubes on 1/4" cocomat 011707

16141IMG_0003.JPG

16141IMG_0004.JPG

16141IMG_0002.JPG

16141IMG_0005.JPG

16141IMG_0012_11.JPG

Last edited:
G

Lookin' good bro!
I'll be following along with this one for sure! I'm sure your gonna love coco!
Have ya smoked White Widow before? What're your thoughts on it? I grew it a while back, and it was a bit tasteless for my liking. Anyway, keep up the great work mate.

damakkus

West Coast ICer
TimTim is in the house. Thanks for checking out my room bro.

I took your advise and currently have to finish using up my rockwool before I go all coco. I stuffed rockwool into a pot similar to what you said, take a look

16141IMG_0009.JPG

I like the fact I can now grow a larger plant before they move to the flower room and easier to move around like you said.

stinky

Very nice grow there friend. Will be stopping by to see the progress. I have used coco gro before as a medium. I still use it in my soil combination.

Nice cleen grow....

jon

damakkus

West Coast ICer
The only reason I am growing white widow cause it is all that was ready to go at the time. It is ok smoke, not too much flavor, nothing to write home about.

Actually I am comparing the rockwool slabs vs cocomat and nutes type thing. Take a look what I mean Here are cubes on rockwool slabs
16141IMG_0015_1.JPG

Here are the tops of those on the rockwool slabs. If you look close you can see the leaf tip curl. I believe the rockwool builds up or traps nutes somehow and major flushing should be done inbetween nute changes. This is not fact just an observation and leads to deficiency/lockout
16141IMG_0006.JPG

G

Cool seeing your garden looks nice and clean.
I noticed with the rw slabs it is very easy to overwater / have ph issues if not carefull, very cool your switching to coco. Ilove doing ebb&flo grows but the plant #'s scare me nowadays.

Also i have not tried coco yet but i really liked hydrotron for ebb & flow as it allows you to flood more.

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Slips and OutdoorGrower is in da house. Whats up brothas. About time I get to share a little and get help as well. I am honestly trying to get away from rockwool altogether but I buy in bulk just cause its easier for me. Wish I had some pics from my aeroponic days. Aero is fun but you gotta be on top of your game.

I am seeing rockwool only needs to be flooded maybe once a day but I flood it twice an hour. Is that wrong? I dunno. I thought how could you over water rockwool? I have not noticed pH fluctuation unless I allow algea build up somewhere. Again, this is an observation and not a fact.

Here are some upcoming Somango and Hawaiian Snow in a homemade aeroponic cloner
16141IMG_0010_1.JPG

G

Hey dude,
I'm glad everything's working out for ya. Yeah, I've grown alot of plants in Rockwool, and it definatley only needs to be watered twice a day at the most IMO. By watering it twice an hour, my guess is there wouldn't be too much air left in there. I reckon you'll get better results by watering less.

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Right on timtim. You think that could cause that leaf curl lockout deficiency theory I have?

Also, Since I saw this problem I have not changed nutes on this system or added any nutes. Just fresh water to keep up the res level. My ppms are in the 400s and it seems all is fine. A guy sproutco said it was caused because I used the lucas formula with gh nutes. So I just bought some flora nova to try now. I try to keep things as simple as possible for myself you know. And I dont know enough to start playing with nutes. I am getting old you know.

How often should I flood the cocomat rockwool setup?

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm in time i see...great setup you have there ...and some nice looking specimens...no exp with rockwool though..imma dirtman...some look little overfed but thats ok if you dont have 2 many burnd leaves...i'l be taking a seat :lurk:

G

DUDE!!! Sweet setup...nice and clean, attention to detail, very organized...awesome. A big :yes:. Plants look great. I'm looking forward to your next full coco grow so you can provide some feedback. My current crop will be in a few weeks from now so gotta come down for a pow wow if you're open to it :joint:.

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Hey Core, Redux is in da house. Thanks fellas for the kind words.

You know I am down for a POW WOW. Joe just hooked me up with this killer OG Kush grown by Dankiestog. Holy shit man the boy has got skills. It is right there with the Kali Mist IMO.

Man I want peeps to see my grow and get input from others you know. Now I got my new cam I can show you . OH YEAH

I gots to work on my soil skills as well Core cause I keeps my mamas in dirt
16141IMG_0026.JPG

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wel i dont think you need any help from me ;) great job bro !!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to damakkus again.

damakkus

West Coast ICer
I need to work on my soil cause I have to buy the stuff that is already got nutes in it and when that runs out I start feeding them.

If you look closely at my clones from a couple posts back I have a magnesium deficiency on the Hawaiian snow which is middle left and the Somango on the middle right. These cuts came from my mamas in dirt. I have noticed a healthy cut can root in just a few days vs an unhealthy cut takes several days longer. So basically I need help maintaining my mamas better. I just fed my mamas for the first time today so we will see how things turn out down the line.

G

NICE CAMERA...KILLER GROW SHOTS BRO!!!! I'M in for this show! now we all get to see what DAM's doin! great shots so far...love your setup. run that sh-t!P>JOE

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Joes in da house now. Take a seat cause I gots some somango coming and some hawaiian snow that should just be crazy.

Oh this is too fun man! I hope that chemdog and skunk pull through. I will post a pic in the morning.