What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

Dakine

Veteran
So the past week I've actually been getting my plants alcimated to the drastic light change schedule.. All my plants that aren't in flower are always on 24/0 of lighting..

I've been growing from seed and don't know the genders of 4 of my plants but I'm hoping for 1male and 3 females so I can take cuttings and hopefully inpregnat 1 of my females.

So this past week I've been changing the schedule from 20/4,18/6,16/8, up to 14/10. After today or tomorrow the 4 plants I need to know the gender of will be in 12/12 lighting.

Dakine

Veteran
So instead of topping the 2 month old SSSDH, I chose to fim them instead. I haven't use the fimming method before. I've only topped,did some lst, and crushed stems to make the branches stronger to be able to support its self.

Dakine

Veteran
Thanks bro!

I know I said that I put some plats Into flower a few days ago but I just noticed that one of the tents holes/openings for exhaust ducts was wide open. So when it was supposed to be night time, the light from my room was probably going straight into the tent..

I'm not sure on what to do now, but I think I'm gonna just continue to flower and start today as day 1?

Dakine

Veteran
Finally after these past 3months of hard work growing from seed the first pistils came out sometime last night on the biggest but still small plant..

You have to look pretty hard but at the top nose you can see the 2 new pistils shooting out from the calyxes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
So I went outside to go and check on the skywAlker I threw out there 2 weeks ago since it looked like it had the soil mites/gnats and it still looks good and luckily it turned out to be a female..

I'm still hoping I get one male. I want to make a cross with the SSSDH s1s and possibly more skywAlker seeds..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 13

Dakine

Veteran
So I'm not sure but I think I have root aphids? They look like there white in color and they come out after I water my pots..

I don't seem to see them in my tent but they're in all the pots of the vegging plants.. In the picture I took that's in the attatchment of this post there's 1 of those critters on the big piece of bark in the middle of the picture.. Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of these pest?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 15
Thanks bro!

I know I said that I put some plats Into flower a few days ago but I just noticed that one of the tents holes/openings for exhaust ducts was wide open. So when it was supposed to be night time, the light from my room was probably going straight into the tent..

I'm not sure on what to do now, but I think I'm gonna just continue to flower and start today as day 1?

Haha, I've done the exact same thing with leaving an exhaust flap wide open.

So I went outside to go and check on the skywAlker I threw out there 2 weeks ago since it looked like it had the soil mites/gnats and it still looks good and luckily it turned out to be a female..

I'm still hoping I get one male. I want to make a cross with the SSSDH s1s and possibly more skywAlker seeds..

Skywalker OG? Niiiiicccceeee.

Dakine

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Homie. Yeah I can't believe I left that flap open, it looks like it didn't effect the plants much.. I just think the skywalkers go into flowering very slowly. They stretched a lot these first 2 weeks of flowering tho. I'll take a pic of them after. There not doing to well since I didn't check on them the past couple days and some fan leaves got burnt by the lights haha..

The pic below is of the SSSDH s1s that are vegging, I just recently topped them and the lower branches/shoots are growing like crazy.. These plants wreak soo bad but smell oh so good haha..

What really throws me off is that both plants are throwing 10 leafed fan leaves now.. There's a couple with 8 or 9. But the new ones that are coming out look pretty sick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14

Dakine

Veteran
So I don't think I did the fim technique quite right lol.. I left part of the new shoots on when I cut and it basically healed into that one fan leaf.

Anyone that's done it before with success care to chime in? This was my first attempt at it. I usually only top and do some training.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 14

Dakine

Veteran
Here's a shot of one of my skywalkers flowering. I should've topped it during veg but I forgot to!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 17

Dakine

Veteran
Waddup downlow, a few of them are loved not all haha.. I've been busy and haven't been giving a few plants attention. I didn't know they where rootbound with roots coming out the bottom of the pots which in turn ended with them drying up! I was wondering why some areas of the plants where dying...

Here's a shot of one of the SSSDH plants that I attempted to fim. I think this is a success? Or atleast a type of success haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 14

DOWNLOW

Ok I see whose not getting loved. What is that with tips of that plant a nitrogen deficiency ? Are you building your own soil ? Maybe a top dress of bone or blood meal will help her no?

Dakine

Veteran
I'm not completely making my own soil, I purchased organic soil mix and added fertz. Kelp meal, bat guano,grinded oyster shell,and perlite. I actually purchased some blood meal after my plants where already in the soi/pots so I've only been able to top dress and mix it in the water before feeding..

I feed with unsulphered black molasses and a little of Epsom salt once a week.

Dakine

Veteran
I'm not sure if it's a nitrogen deficiency, I've had a nitrogen problem before and it was when my plants where a super light green and when I gave them some N they turned a darker green..

I think I'm going to just add some orca to the water when I feed to help break down any nutrients that the microbes didn't fully break down to make available to the roots before I add more to the feed?

And what's going on with your grow now? You stopping for a little bit?

Dakine

Veteran
So I don't think the cuts I took are Going to root. They where long enough but where to flimsy to be able to push through the grodan mini blocks. I got a little to push through, and plus the pre made holes are way bigger then the stems so they're not against the stems. Meaning that there's no moisture and basically just sit at the top

Dakine

Veteran
So I'm not to good at nutrient deficiencys but after looking around in the infirmary forum, I think this is a calcium deficiency? If anyone would like to confirm this or not I would greatly appreciate it!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 15

Dakine

Veteran
These 2 plants are the SSSDH s1s from Rezdog. The clones I took from them aren't looking to good. No roots showing and there in there second week.. These plants wreak of bud tho lol. Can't wait to smell them when I start to flower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Latest posts