What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dad needs help

Hi ladies sorry to invade on your forum. The reson that Im here is to ask for some help with my daughter. Shes 11 and she just started her ummm.....girl stuff. Unfortunately her mother and I are not together anymore so I cant be there to emotionally support her. The problem is that her mother has not prepared her for this at all, no pre talk or hints of what was to happen. Is there anything that I can do to help my lil girl( I guess young woman now)? My x said that I should not bring up the subject with her because it maybe uncomfortable for her. I now the subject is uncomfortable for me but I just want to make my lil girl not feel so confused and alone.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just talk to her like an adult, tell her its a part of life and its okay and she will get hang of it real soon. Too bad mom didnt help with that, I think I talked to my sister about it alot, she was older and stuff hehee
Maybe tell her something embarrassing about you, might lighten the mood a little, just dont make it a big deal...happens to all of us.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Dis - it's a very good sign that you're worried about your lil girl. I'm not a woman, obviously, but i feel your situation. I think Mrs. B is right. Being honest w her is the best thing you can do. She is what she is so save her the headache and potential complexes by making her feel slightly uncomfortable now and have an honest talk w her. You will be rewarded when you see her gain confidence.

- SubN

Thank you sooo much. Im guessing that IM going to have to have the sex talk with her also. Ug I love my x dearly but she does not want to raise my daughter the way i think she should be. Again thank you for your advice I will give it a shot.

Dis - it's a very good sign that you're worried about your lil girl. I'm not a woman, obviously, but i feel your situation. I think Mrs. B is right. Being honest w her is the best thing you can do. She is what she is so save her the headache and potential complexes by making her feel slightly uncomfortable now and have an honest talk w her. You will be rewarded when you see her gain confidence.

- SubN

thanx bro. Iv been takeing that approach more and more the last year. Like I said I love my x dearly i just dont agree with the way she raiseing my lil ray of sunshine and Iv been trying to follow my x's advice for raiseing her.....but no more and I can tell a big difference in her confidence.

M

medi-useA

Let us know how it turns out....Ask her who she wants to go tampon shopping with..who she's comfortable with about it....and if she's not ready for a bra yet...then you have time to prepare for th@!...ask her who she want's to go bra shopping with when her breasts bud and bloom{sounds like gardening advice!}:)...give the feeling th@ she has a little control over this...and she will feel better about it...

Just my 2 cents...the Ladies here might shoot me down...

muA

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
There's no doubt she'll be uncomfortable about talking with you about it, just as much as you are. Just let her know you'll be there to answer anything you can. Mabey offer to put her on the internet with a few websites that can explain what her body is doing. I wouldn't recomend offering her tampons to use. She should start with pads and liners till she gets to know her body better.

Props Dad! Good on ya! Hope everything works out ok.

Let us know how it turns out....Ask her who she wants to go tampon shopping with..who she's comfortable with about it....and if she's not ready for a bra yet...then you have time to prepare for th@!...ask her who she want's to go bra shopping with when her breasts bud and bloom{sounds like gardening advice!}:)...give the feeling th@ she has a little control over this...and she will feel better about it...

Just my 2 cents...the Ladies here might shoot me down...

muA

fortunately she already wares a bra and her mom took care of that. thanx for the advice medi!
There's no doubt she'll be uncomfortable about talking with you about it, just as much as you are. Just let her know you'll be there to answer anything you can. Mabey offer to put her on the internet with a few websites that can explain what her body is doing. I wouldn't recomend offering her tampons to use. She should start with pads and liners till she gets to know her body better.

thanx lil i already try and talk with her alot about anything to let her know that Im here if she ever needs to talk about anything. I think shes still a lil nervous sbout talking with me about some stuff. We dont get to see eachother but every other week:( but i still try. thanx again lil

M

medi-useA

Th@'s wh@ I meant!...see... I have no idea, only good intentions...:)

when talking to her about things like this...have you tried sitting back ti back in a somewh@ darkened room?...you're in contact, but not visually...it often makes for easier conversations...about...prickly subjects...both for you and her...

But I would recommend finding a 'surrogate' for her to talk to...one th@ you both agree on...gee, have you thought about OPRAH?:biggrin:

Sorry to make light of the subject...humour when I'm uncomfortable...women make me uncomfortable...little women new to the experience scare the $h!t outta me! :)

I so desperately need to find a forgiving, potsmoking woman....:whistling: :whistling: hehehe

Good luck.

muA