What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Day 24 Flower; Seeds popped 6 Days ago.

5QkCi5m.jpg

xc8Snxj.jpg

lcQNpW9.jpg

XWYPmih.jpg

ZdrkKXy.jpg

DabOnDabs

Veteran
33/34 of the seeds popped. The lights being right down on top of them has DEFINATELY helped them to stay short. I like the rapid rooters as well...ALOT! The seeds definately did their thing, and tap root up + gravitropism really plays a huge role in the seeds' ability to shed its shell.

Yesterday i shaved the ladies' legs for the first time, and cleaned up behind the nets. I took off quite a bit of foliage, and barely made a dent, but Imma wait for a couple days, and then go through and remove all the fans from the front side to allow the lights to penetrate to all them budsites. The nightmares arent stacking like I need, so idk how much more i'll be running them in my big room... The GSC on the other hand, despite the slower than normal veg growth, stretched like a mother fucker while keeping the nodes nice and tight.. All of the lateral branches also turned into big ass main branches w/ 10-20 nodes. She looks like she could be the Yielder, funny as it sounds. We'll see. The OG gets fat as fuck around day 45...We'll see.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Dabs....

The room is looking golden bro...
Great insite on the seed poppen as well...
tap root up + gravitropism
I just learned something new...Nice!!!

Keep doing ya thang bro...It's working....

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Damn Dabs....

The room is looking golden bro...
Great insite on the seed poppen as well...
I just learned something new...Nice!!!

Keep doing ya thang bro...It's working....

Thanks dog, appreciate the kind words. I feel like the buds are a little behind where they have been in previous rounds, but we'll see how it pans out.

D

DHF

It`s absolutely fukin amazing how plants respond once yas have a "copy of the rules" huh Bro.....and hey....The hybrid yas`re lookin for is the one that stretches like a mofo but stacks nodes tight in the process.....

You sure that`s GSC ?....lol.....Glad the beans popped and are doin well in the rooters , and guaranteed will continue to do so if kept a close eye on with the T-5 right down on their ass...and..

Cuts doin better with less light too huh.....will wonders never cease....:moon:.....Stems look purple as fuck Bro or is that the light causin that in the pic...dunno....but....Cal/Mag boost`s in order if that is in fact purple petioles .....and hey....

Don`t rape them bitches too hard pullin fans with stems , cuz they`ll fukin shut down on yas and cause a recovery time that`ll in turn ADD to your finish time if not handled with kid gloves.....

You`re on your way my buddy....Only gets better from here on EVERY run from now on , as long as yas stay on top of every aspect we`ve gone over up till now....anyways....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
My advice on the defoliating is this: Pay attention to what plants your defoliating. Some strains can get the shit raped outta them and have no adverse effects. Other strains if you take one fan two many, it will stunt the plant or outright kill it-trust me I know, lol. Things are looking awesome Dabs!!! Keep showing all the nay-sayers that where there's a will, there's a way. In a few months here I will be having a new vert set-up to dial in and I'm sure I will be using this thread for help. Now it's time to get all dabbed out.........

DabOnDabs

Veteran
It`s absolutely fukin amazing how plants respond once yas have a "copy of the rules" huh Bro.....and hey....The hybrid yas`re lookin for is the one that stretches like a mofo but stacks nodes tight in the process.....

You sure that`s GSC ?....lol.....Glad the beans popped and are doin well in the rooters , and guaranteed will continue to do so if kept a close eye on with the T-5 right down on their ass...and..

Cuts doin better with less light too huh.....will wonders never cease....:moon:.....Stems look purple as fuck Bro or is that the light causin that in the pic...dunno....but....Cal/Mag boost`s in order if that is in fact purple petioles .....and hey....

Don`t rape them bitches too hard pullin fans with stems , cuz they`ll fukin shut down on yas and cause a recovery time that`ll in turn ADD to your finish time if not handled with kid gloves.....

You`re on your way my buddy....Only gets better from here on EVERY run from now on , as long as yas stay on top of every aspect we`ve gone over up till now....anyways....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

Rinse, Wash, Repeat. I'll be able to get this shit figured out evententually. Theres some good teachers round here.:tiphat:

You're right, stems are a bit purple, I've been hesitant to feed any higher than 300ppm because they had a really weak root system.

I figured taking their leaves was better done slow than fast (less is more). I still ended up taking quite a bit just by cleaning up between their legs, but the upper canopy was left alone (for now).

As for the GSC, I'm as sure as anyone out here who has friends who work in the dispensarysL(NOT SURE AT ALL).

This didnt come out the store, it came out the back door of the warehouse, but their really is no way to verify where it came from before that, so I spose time will tell, or it wont.

I have been on a lookout for that hybrid; My Lemon Diesel was a nice little teaser of that, She was putitng out 8-10 20+'' nugs per plant...Along with a shit load of naners..lol.

The Hemlock from Reserva Privada is supposed to be an "epic yielder," and happens to have the DP in it which is my ulimate fav, so I'm hoping for the best.

Also putting together a line of fire genetics and looking into investing in a way nicer vac pump/oven combo for my shatter. The shit that is in the dispensarys around here is either really expensive ($50+/g) or SHIT in quality. Underpurged, low quality, made from trim etc etc. I need to step my game up on those ends;; Theres no reason i should be having to buy shit from the shops.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
My advice on the defoliating is this: Pay attention to what plants your defoliating. Some strains can get the shit raped outta them and have no adverse effects. Other strains if you take one fan two many, it will stunt the plant or outright kill it-trust me I know, lol. Things are looking awesome Dabs!!! Keep showing all the nay-sayers that where there's a will, there's a way. In a few months here I will be having a new vert set-up to dial in and I'm sure I will be using this thread for help. Now it's time to get all dabbed out.........

Always brother. preciate it.

You already know bout them dabs..Oh, and go broncos MOTHA FUCKAS!

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Here'sy inspiration to grow some nice tree's like you dabs. My grobro won't let me change over to full on vertical, so this is what I do to keep myself amused. The strain is jedi kush. Don't worry about those shitty looking yellow plants down below. They are in a flood table that was getting hammered with RA's and the borg, fucking bastards!!

Attachments

• 20140110_173948.jpg
    20140110_173948.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20140110_173956.jpg
    20140110_173956.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 8

papaduc

Veteran
You know what I like most about this thread?
That with every passing week drysiftwizard's "advice" is exposed for the pseudo scientific bullshit it is. I've only just seen your last thread and his involvement in it, and it's not just his delivery which is off, some of his information is just plain wrong. You're proving you don't have to do the maximum amount of turnovers to get healthy productive plants. You've absolutely conclusively proved that already.

I'd adjust those ratios towards the business end of flowering if I were you. You're essentially still on a veg feed, which, in stretch, isn't a bad thing. In fact in the first few weeks when the pre-flowers are forming it's no big deal. but in my experience if nitrogen is still making up that much of your feed when the buds are actually building and bulking out, you'll create too much leaf amongst your bud.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
You know what I like most about this thread?
That with every passing week drysiftwizard's "advice" is exposed for the pseudo scientific bullshit it is. I've only just seen your last thread and his involvement in it, and it's not just his delivery which is off, some of his information is just plain wrong. You're proving you don't have to do the maximum amount of turnovers to get healthy productive plants. You've absolutely conclusively proved that already.

I'd adjust those ratios towards the business end of flowering if I were you. You're essentially still on a veg feed, which, in stretch, isn't a bad thing. In fact in the first few weeks when the pre-flowers are forming it's no big deal. but in my experience if nitrogen is still making up that much of your feed when the buds are actually building and bulking out, you'll create too much leaf amongst your bud.

Thanks man, that means alot to me! This isnt a one size fits all game. There are alot of people doing it alot of different ways.

Yo, I've always used one recipe all the way through veg and flower for the most part. When i was on the H3ad formula 6/9, i did that all the way through. I was planning on doing the same thing for this run using d9's recipe. Seems it has a little too much N for the coco, so i switched over to mister D's 2g/2g ratio diluted to 1.2 ec.

That seems to have curbed any nitrogen toxicity in the room.

Have you ever used Jacks? Can you recommend a recipe more tailored towards flowering with the jacks?

Couldnt hurt to try

Ttystikk

Dabs, nice setup! I just read the thread cover to cover, great stuff going on in there.

I'm a big fan and user of Jacks, I've run three ratios and still run two of them.

From the Jacks blog comes 4g/gal Jacks, 2.4g/gal calcium nitrate and no epsom. This gives an EC right around 1.8. This is my formula for bloom, only I add .5g/gal of epsom salts anyway. That's a ratio of 1.67:1 of Jacks to calcium nitrate.

The next formula is the famous 1.5:1 ratio 3-2-1 mix, but again I'd tweak things a bit and run only .5g/gal of epsom. It's a fine general purpose formula for everything, but no single formula is ideal for every use. 3.75 g/gal Jacks, 2.5g/gal calcium nitrate gives about 1.8 EC.

Last and lowest ratio is 1.25:1 Jacks to calcium nitrate. 3.5g/gal Jacks and 2.8g/gal calcium nitrate give about 1.8 EC. A prominent dispensary in boulder runs this from cradle to grave, so I'm told, with great results. I haven't been there to see for myself but my buddy definitely knows his business, so I don't doubt it. I run this mix in veg.

The last formula isn't about the ratio of nutes, it's about nutrient strength. I run 1.8 EC and even let it run up to 2.0 in peak bloom for some hungry strains, and I get away with it because I run relative humidity levels between 65-75%. Because it's so high, the plants transpire less water and so need a higher EC to get ideal nutrition. Obviously, I ramp this down through late bloom and run a dilute solution of Jacks at .5-.7 EC for the final week 'flush'. At no point does the plant ever get a pure water flush in my RDWC. Tasty, flavorful, smooth, nice light gray ash.

Hope this helps!

Mister_D

Veteran
Thanks man, that means alot to me! This isnt a one size fits all game. There are alot of people doing it alot of different ways.

Yo, I've always used one recipe all the way through veg and flower for the most part. When i was on the H3ad formula 6/9, i did that all the way through. I was planning on doing the same thing for this run using d9's recipe. Seems it has a little too much N for the coco, so i switched over to mister D's 2g/2g ratio diluted to 1.2 ec.

That seems to have curbed any nitrogen toxicity in the room.

Have you ever used Jacks? Can you recommend a recipe more tailored towards flowering with the jacks?

Couldnt hurt to try

If you want to tailor more towards flower experiment with lowering/droping the cal-nit after 40-50% of flower is completed :biggrin:.

Yo, Heres an update, im sorry to be lazy, is this more convenient for people or no?

http://imgur.com/a/zsHIo

I don't do off site links, so no bueno here :moon:.

Dabs, nice setup! I just read the thread cover to cover, great stuff going on in there.

I'm a big fan and user of Jacks, I've run three ratios and still run two of them.

From the Jacks blog comes 4g/gal Jacks, 2.4g/gal calcium nitrate and no epsom. This gives an EC right around 1.8. This is my formula for bloom, only I add .5g/gal of epsom salts anyway. That's a ratio of 1.67:1 of Jacks to calcium nitrate.

The next formula is the famous 1.5:1 ratio 3-2-1 mix, but again I'd tweak things a bit and run only .5g/gal of epsom. It's a fine general purpose formula for everything, but no single formula is ideal for every use. 3.75 g/gal Jacks, 2.5g/gal calcium nitrate gives about 1.8 EC.

Last and lowest ratio is 1.25:1 Jacks to calcium nitrate. 3.5g/gal Jacks and 2.8g/gal calcium nitrate give about 1.8 EC. A prominent dispensary in boulder runs this from cradle to grave, so I'm told, with great results. I haven't been there to see for myself but my buddy definitely knows his business, so I don't doubt it. I run this mix in veg.

The last formula isn't about the ratio of nutes, it's about nutrient strength. I run 1.8 EC and even let it run up to 2.0 in peak bloom for some hungry strains, and I get away with it because I run relative humidity levels between 65-75%. Because it's so high, the plants transpire less water and so need a higher EC to get ideal nutrition. Obviously, I ramp this down through late bloom and run a dilute solution of Jacks at .5-.7 EC for the final week 'flush'. At no point does the plant ever get a pure water flush in my RDWC. Tasty, flavorful, smooth, nice light gray ash.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing your recipes :respect:, but consistent feeds at 1.8EC, regardless of ratio, will definitely lead to problems in coco. Water based hydro is whole different monster than coco :biggrin:.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
If you want to tailor more towards flower experiment with lowering/droping the cal-nit after 40-50% of flower is completed :biggrin:.

I don't do off site links, so no bueno here :moon:.

Thanks for sharing your recipes :respect:, but consistent feeds at 1.8EC, regardless of ratio, will definitely lead to problems in coco. Water based hydro is whole different monster than coco :biggrin:.

thats what i was thinking. 1.8 ec is wayyy to high for 6 feeds a day. I was having problems at 1.5.

I'll stick with what I'm doing, and start dropping the calcnit in a couple weeks.

And i'll repost those pics. hold up

Latest posts

Latest posts