What's new

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

lvtokerr

Both of my bluelabs were WAYY off, I've been running bunk meters for who knows how long. No wonder why I've been seeing weird deficiencies... Feeding @450ppm instead of 600?... I guess its better that it was less, than more.

Either way, I thought I was a genius for getting big ass water tanks outside the house so I wouldnt have to make water every single day....Just throw a aquarium heater and a small pump in em, and I'll be set..

First snow, they're frozen. Lol. That didnt work. At all. Sigh, Im gonna have to revisit this again. I may end up having to make veg water and flower water every day again. Idk what else to do...

i was wondering what you were going to do when we finaly got some cold weather...

have you thought of these? http://www.horse.com/item/k-and-h-ultimate-deicer/E000344%20750/?srccode=GPHORSE&gclid=Cj0KEQiAp4yjBRCE_enjmpug944BEiQATCpLvYmnm0Wr_8fxug75WwZe_egFmz-XMa0rVOcWNahMYlgaAnDY8P8HAQ&kwid=productads-plaid^67793795382-sku^166351@ADL4HORSE-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^41015351377

something a little more heavy duty made for actual ice melting vs warming up a fish tank in a house that should be warm...

DabOnDabs

Veteran
i was wondering what you were going to do when we finaly got some cold weather...

have you thought of these? http://www.horse.com/item/k-and-h-ultimate-deicer/E000344%20750/?srccode=GPHORSE&gclid=Cj0KEQiAp4yjBRCE_enjmpug944BEiQATCpLvYmnm0Wr_8fxug75WwZe_egFmz-XMa0rVOcWNahMYlgaAnDY8P8HAQ&kwid=productads-plaid^67793795382-sku^166351@ADL4HORSE-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^41015351377

something a little more heavy duty made for actual ice melting vs warming up a fish tank in a house that should be warm...

I thought I would be straight, as long as i kept the water moving, and a heater in each one.. It doesnt matter if the water is only 40* or whatever coming in, it would warmup in my basement before hitting the plants...

But, the spicket at the bottom of the tanks is completely frozen..IDK how one would deice that without making a huge water mess, which would then promptly freeze over creating a huge ice mess.

I was wrong.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
That's wild, blue lab doesn't even suggest calibrating the ec meter. They do talk about cleaning the probe and making sure water beads off of it or something like that. U got me wanting to check my calibration on mine.

Do u not have room for the water tanks in the house? If not what about tall 100 gallon tanks to save sq footage? Id imagine it would take a pretty good size water heater to keep 3 or 400 gallons up at 70f. U could always insulate the hell out of them but I still think the heater would have to be pretty big and draw more electricity than its worth. That electricity could be better utilized on more light. lol

The problem is getting the tanks into the house. They're 50'' Wide, and 48" Long. I would have to take out a window, and they wouldnt be able to go into the basement...which means they would be in the kitchen or living room. Lol, not gonna happen.

I bought a shed that is right outside the house...I'm kinda wishing I had just built one now, and insulated and wired out the building. Oh well.

lvtokerr

I thought I would be straight, as long as i kept the water moving, and a heater in each one.. It doesnt matter if the water is only 40* or whatever coming in, it would warmup in my basement before hitting the plants...

But, the spicket at the bottom of the tanks is completely frozen..IDK how one would deice that without making a huge water mess, which would then promptly freeze over creating a huge ice mess.

I was wrong.

wrap the spicket and pipe going into the house. i use this stuff on my drain to waste pipe that dumps in the back yard. old gro bro didnt plug it in once and found out that plugging it in really keeps it from clogging with ice.

aquarium heaters probably dont do shit in cold water man. you need shit made for ice cold water. plus i doubt you aquarium heater is rated for 300 gallons because we all know you try to stretch every penny . when in reality you would need a aquarium heater for something at least 2x rated for outside temp use. i have an aquarium and i actually read the directions on heaters. they say they wont warm a tank if the house isnt warm enough.

lvtokerr

The problem is getting the tanks into the house. They're 50'' Wide, and 48" Long. I would have to take out a window, and they wouldnt be able to go into the basement...which means they would be in the kitchen or living room. Lol, not gonna happen.

I bought a shed that is right outside the house...I'm kinda wishing I had just built one now, and insulated and wired out the building. Oh well.

can some of those round 55s fit down the stairs? they make round 70 gal that are cheaper than the 55s. a couple 70s might be better than mixing nutes everyday? kinda suprised the nutes dont help keep it from freezing but we do run low ec.

LSWM

I was so close to picking up one of those large tanks last stop at the hydroshop. The reasons you mention are exactly why I ended up just picking up a 55 gal drum and calling it a day.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Citrix at chop, she went 72 days

YTlEpHf.jpg

STvWKNb.jpg

MFY0FPp.jpg

AWF2kfj.jpg

dMoFJMT.jpg

mowood3479

Veteran
Get a water heater for a horse/cow water reservoir. Tractor supply or anyplace like it should have them.
I have a 100 gallon tub for my horses. Sits outside all winter -20 lows n it doesn't freeze. They pull 200 watts or so

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
They make 100 gal. totes. You could have them in the room against the wall. Build a cheap little frame around the 3 exposed sides with 2x3's, 2x4's to keep them from bowing out on ya. I've done it and it works.

lvtokerr

looks like we are gonna have to get on IG to find out what mister dabs is up too! hes probably elbow deep in dabs right now!

Latest posts

Latest posts