What's new

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

Mrrite008

Dabs,

Possibly posting an update w/ your concerns on the "Big Plant PPK" thread. Hopefully D9 will chime in and drop knowledge. As it seems, he has been frequenting that thread as of late. It could possibly be the SM-90 that you added to the bulk throwing things out of balance. From the 100+ pages that i have read regarding the "PPK" system, one of the many notes that i documented, one should need nothing more than Jacks Hydro + Calnit w/ ro or low ppm tap to be sucessful. Even if your inital Bulk PH was low, it should stabilize once it runs through the system and plants start to feed/Bulk mixing with your pulse. I'm hoping ya get it figured out, im in transit, once im up and runnin at my new spot. I plan on setting up (2) 4 plant (Wifi), 5 light, 10x10's per "DHF"

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Dabs,

Possibly posting an update w/ your concerns on the "Big Plant PPK" thread. Hopefully D9 will chime in and drop knowledge. As it seems, he has been frequenting that thread as of late. It could possibly be the SM-90 that you added to the bulk throwing things out of balance. From the 100+ pages that i have read regarding the "PPK" system, one of the many notes that i documented, one should need nothing more than Jacks Hydro + Calnit w/ ro or low ppm tap to be sucessful. Even if your inital Bulk PH was low, it should stabilize once it runs through the system and plants start to feed/Bulk mixing with your pulse. I'm hoping ya get it figured out, im in transit, once im up and runnin at my new spot. I plan on setting up (2) 4 plant (Wifi), 5 light, 10x10's per "DHF"

When I mix my jacks, the ph comes out SUPER low. like 5.0ish. I did the opposite of what you said on my last fill of the bulk, and added a bit more Sm90... Ph in bulk is ~6.3, ph in all 3 ppk systems is 5.6 or 5.7 bulk is more than 2/3 empty. plants are looking a bit better. I think there were a couple causes of the stunting...

1.) They were neglected clones, that had been in cups for ~5 weeks. Waterings were infrequent at best, and they were kinda just thrown in a corner, getting lanky while i finished up some other projects.

2.) The roots were weak, and then i threw them into the ppk system with pulse feeds every 90 minutes...Possibly...drowing them? d9 clones into his ppks. By the time they have roots they're used to that. Mine..not so much maybe.

3. Blasted them with vert lighting after they were getting little to no direct lighitng. No likey. The first few days i sorta dug around, looking for roots, and didnt find any. Now they're everywhere. Once the roots take hold of the container, we're off to the races.

So..No sm90. No ph up.. Ever ?? like.. Ever ever? Even if my bulk is low? D9 says his hits 5.8 every time.. What if mine doesnt.

LSWM

My bulk rez never goes above 5.4 in RO with Jacks. Sometimes I add some Jacks pH adjuster, but most of the time say fuck it.

I asked Arm about his method and he said he RARELY adds pH up either.

In flower my runoff tends to come out ~7-8 from Coco, and that's dripped 4-5 times daily.

O

Oti$

I usually feed once a day for the first week until the roots established In My ppks, then ncrease the floods gradually until I'm flooding every hour or three depending on the medium. Once you figure them out, they Re really set and forget . Good luck:D

flat9

My jacks comes out to 5.7-6.0 pH and 1.2 EC. My water is 0.08 EC w/ pH of 8.0. For every 25 gallon tote I fill it w/ 2 scoops of Calcnit and 3 scoops of Jacks.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had the same worries, Dabs. Do NOT worry about the ph, it stabilizes w/ jacks... I never check ph EVER in the PPK

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i wouldn't worry about the PH level, let it ride and do it's thing, it will straighten out in a few days. Ignoring the PH was really hard for me as i mostly ran aeroponics and it was extremely important, now all i do is mix the Jacks in a jar, fill the res with RO water, dump the contents of the jar in the res and let it do its own thing. I repeat this process every 3 weeks." (Grow4Flow)
"
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I agree with Grow4Flow as did D9. My ph was very low, in the 4s when I first started ppking (new verb?). D9 advised me to ignore it and not try to correct. I followed his advice which was spot on as usual. Don't stress the reservoir, trust in the Jacks to do it's job." (forkup)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]with an initial 600 ppm mix of Jks+Calnit, ph, as I remember, goes about 4.8 in the volume rez.. don't pay any attention to it. this is not areo or DWC. as long as you mix to the 1 to .62 jacks to calcium, ph takes care of itself. no additives of any kind. change the formula to include some 'snake oil' (hey D9) and all bets are off." (snook)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What is the temperature? Lower the water table I'd say, look a bit too wet (overwatered), you already increased the flood intervals to every three hours I read. You are using floor dry, have you checked the porosity?

Appears they need to establish a strong root system, as they are drowning in the media currently.

D9 appears to be posting now, post up some pictures in the PPK thread
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

DabOnDabs

Veteran
I had the same worries, Dabs. Do NOT worry about the ph, it stabilizes w/ jacks... I never check ph EVER in the PPK

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i wouldn't worry about the PH level, let it ride and do it's thing, it will straighten out in a few days. Ignoring the PH was really hard for me as i mostly ran aeroponics and it was extremely important, now all i do is mix the Jacks in a jar, fill the res with RO water, dump the contents of the jar in the res and let it do its own thing. I repeat this process every 3 weeks." (Grow4Flow)
"
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I agree with Grow4Flow as did D9. My ph was very low, in the 4s when I first started ppking (new verb?). D9 advised me to ignore it and not try to correct. I followed his advice which was spot on as usual. Don't stress the reservoir, trust in the Jacks to do it's job." (forkup)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]with an initial 600 ppm mix of Jks+Calnit, ph, as I remember, goes about 4.8 in the volume rez.. don't pay any attention to it. this is not areo or DWC. as long as you mix to the 1 to .62 jacks to calcium, ph takes care of itself. no additives of any kind. change the formula to include some 'snake oil' (hey D9) and all bets are off." (snook)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What is the temperature? Lower the water table I'd say, look a bit too wet (overwatered), you already increased the flood intervals to every three hours I read. You are using floor dry, have you checked the porosity?

Appears they need to establish a strong root system, as they are drowning in the media currently.

D9 appears to be posting now, post up some pictures in the PPK thread
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Thanks for the post.

No, i DECREASED flood intervals to every 3 hours. I think i was just pounding em with too much water and light. They are looking much better...

LSWM

I had the lights down hella low, trying to promote lower branching. I raised the lights, and reduced the floods to every 3 hours from every 90 minutes. When I flood, the pumps stay on for about 75 seconds , and that covers the rocks with water by ~.5 inch on all sites. Its not perfect, but its close.

Anywho, the rooms are looking much nicer. Give me a second and ill post pics of my build

What pump are you using? Sorry if I missed it in the build post.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, dabs! were these cloned in an aero cloner or other water cloner of some type? if so that alone could explain the slow start.

when you clone in a water cloner it causes the plant to grow ladder type hydro roots which are not as efficient as the air type roots when transplanted into a medium.

it will take them more time to get established as they grow.

also, the heavy lighting was probably pushing them a little too much for their root structure.

i was rooting clones in turface 3 ft from a 1k hortilux positioned right on the clone. but those clones had just come off of a plant in the same medium, the same nutrient solution, and the same light and environment as the donor. same flood timing.

these will come around and grow fine.

d9

DabOnDabs

Veteran
hey, dabs! were these cloned in an aero cloner or other water cloner of some type? if so that alone could explain the slow start.

when you clone in a water cloner it causes the plant to grow ladder type hydro roots which are not as efficient as the air type roots when transplanted into a medium.

it will take them more time to get established as they grow.

also, the heavy lighting was probably pushing them a little too much for their root structure.

i was rooting clones in turface 3 ft from a 1k hortilux positioned right on the clone. but those clones had just come off of a plant in the same medium, the same nutrient solution, and the same light and environment as the donor. same flood timing.

these will come around and grow fine.

d9

Thanks for the kind words and enthusiasm. They were cloned in coco, then transplanted to 16 oz sllo cups, where thy were stuck in a corner for 6 weeks while i harvested 12 lights and built 2 new rooms... so yea, the roots were very weak.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
SUCKA =D

My bulk res is still about 1/4 full. The ph is 6.5 in the bulk res... 5.8 in all 3 PPK systems. I know I'm asking for trouble like this (Their are ph adjusters in the big res), but the plants seem to be fine, and growing steady... For now.

In the next couple days I'm gonna empty the rest of the elevated res and the bulk res, and restart with no ph adjusters. Also have to move the plants from this room into the big room... Lots to do. Always.

iAp0GrI.jpg

Last edited:

lvtokerr

how you gonna support them biatchess? i need to learn to grow stretchier veg plants. i end up hacking a ton of shit out when i flip em. those look pretty good for flipping. is your long time for a response because you are whipping up an awesome animated picture with a crazy clown?

Last edited:

twist1uc

^^^^ : / lmaoo hahahaha.

thousands and thousands of hours of research always helps : )

That's the problem.... the thousands of hours of research always gives me BIG brass balls, allowing me to believe that I can tackle anything. LOL!!
Then it takes the thousands of hours of practice to make sure I know what I'm doing:)