What's new

Cutest picture ever? I think so

simpleword

To me at least. 2 of my babies waking up this morning. Ferrets are far and away my favorite pets, so entertaining, playful, and loving (and yes troublemaking).

doubleweaselws0.jpg

R

Raistlin Majere

awwwwww i love ferets
used to have one when i was a kid
mebbe when my kids are older...........:rasta:
thanks for sharing !!

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
A buddy had a ferret when I was growing up. I always wanted one but, my mom hated the way they smelled so she wouldn't let me get one. I got some pets rats instead. Maybe someday I'll get one. Those are some cute little buggers.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
:jawdrop: What the hell??? did your cat make sweet love to a mouse??? Thats a strange lookin animal u got there. :bigeye: Theyre tame?

simpleword

Of course they're tame, ferrets have been domesticated for thousands of years. They're a type of weasel, like martens, stoats, minks, otters, badgers, wolverines, fishers etc.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aww simpleword, those guys are too cute!! theres a guy here at IC that has ferrets too..his name is stretchpuppy...he makes a noise when he comes into chat, I forget what it is, but ist cute and its close to the noise they make he said. Some states outlaw ferrets, not sure why, they seem pretty cute.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Ha Ha! thats pretty cool, I wouldnt mind havin a pet weazel, too bad my dogs a jealous bitch and would kill anythin I bring in the house...

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
you forgot to say smelly dirty and disease carrying! but yeah they are cute, i always wanted one till i had a friend with one, and i saw how much work they can be. cute none the less.

R

Raistlin Majere

i gave mine a bath once a week
and cleaned the cage twice a week
anything less and my mom would have gotten rid of it
as it was she enjoyed having the "RAT" (as she said)around

simpleword

Endo said:
you forgot to say smelly dirty and disease carrying! but yeah they are cute, i always wanted one till i had a friend with one, and i saw how much work they can be. cute none the less.

They have a musk for sure but dirty and disease carrying? Not anymore than other pets. Mine are very clean and they all have vaccinations. No diseases here. Old lies about ferrets are just like pot, you should understand.

I've owned ferrets for a long time and while they can be a lot of work (no more than a puppy) it is more than rewarding enough to justify having them.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I couldn't NOT post the link to this video.
This baby hamster is getting such a kick out
of this piece of broccoli it got me wondering
what he'd do if he had a tasty nugg or two.......

Lil Mocha...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I dont care what anybody else says.. they do not taste like chicken.

And before you go calling the aspca I was just kidding .. besides that I ate the aspca and they did taste like chicken.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
GET MO said:
:jawdrop: What the hell??? did your cat make sweet love to a mouse??? Thats a strange lookin animal u got there. :bigeye: Theyre tame?

You have never seen a ferret? Dude, pretty popular pets, I see more of them than I see lizards

But do they ever stink, man, they reak

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Are they allowed in the US? I live in cali and never seen one of those, where are they native to? see lots of possums though, mean lil suckers...
That thing kinda looks like a white river otter.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
they are very lanky and cat like, but they have a more rodent temperment and will bite. I would imagine they are allowed in the US

wiki clip
In the United States, ferrets were relatively rare pets until the 1980s. Dr. Wendy Winstead, a veterinarian and former folk singer who had her first ferret in 1969, sold ferrets to a number of celebrities including Dick Smothers and David Carradine while making television appearances on programs such as the David Letterman Show with ferrets in the 1980s,[17] writing books and promoting them until her death in the 1990s from cancer. A government study by the California State Bird and Mammal Conservation Program found that by 1996, approximately 800,000 or so domestic ferrets were likely being kept as pets in the United States.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret

Last edited:

simpleword

They are illegal in california and hawaii.

Dr Dog, saying they have a rodent temperament is plain misinformation. They behave more like a mix of a kitten and a dog. They would rather eat rodents, believe me. My girlfriend has 2 guinea pigs and 2 chinchillas, and they are in no way similar. Ferrets are more intelligent than cats, especially when it comes to problem solving. Baby ferrets will nip but after that well kept ferrets will be as friendly as a happy dog, glad to see everyone. And boy they love to play.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Dem critters iz megga cute...love the color too!! they look like they smoked a ounce the night before n just woke!!

R

Raistlin Majere

more pictures please :yeahthats
now i thinking about getting a pair !!
much sooner than i had thought about before
OMG my daughter would love having them around !
PICS !! PICS !! PICS !!
:rasta:

simpleword

Here's some more pics dude. We have 3 ferrets, they are all ridiculously cute.

anthonyfmpy4.jpg

fleany8.jpg

fleaantcn4.jpg

antfleaqu6.jpg

btw, we didn't actually get him high, we just posed him with the pipe when he was sleeping.

Latest posts

Latest posts