What's new

Custom closed loop BHO extractor finally online!

dybert

After a few months of putting this project together, I finally did my first run last night.

I am super excited to put this thing through the paces.

picture.php

dybert

Whoaa Nice job!!! Cant wait to see what comes out. 4in column? 6in collection pot?

Very envious of your caresaver...

Regis,

Yep 4 and 6... but we're switching up to a 12" collection pot for more surface area during pumpdown.

First run turned out nice, it was super old material so it was dark but it performed as intended :)

Cannufacture

Wow! Very impressed that you put this together yourself, it looks strikingly similar to my Extractiontek system! I'll be interested to see how she runs for you!

dybert

Wow! Very impressed that you put this together yourself, it looks strikingly similar to my Extractiontek system! I'll be interested to see how she runs for you!

Yep, I won't lie, I definitely modeled parts of it after theirs, but changed a few things up as well.

I bought my Caresaver from Matt @ extractiontek, he's a great guy.

FatherEarth

Veteran
Nice set up, cant wait to hear the rundown on it.

what was the price on the caresaver and how do you like it?

With Respect,

FE

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
wow u my friend r a savage ,I could Imagine that may attract a few eyes in my back yard :) , very nice work

krypt

fire extinguisher must be there for fun. if there is ignition in that area when youre doing a run, you can kiss your ass good bye.

good luck with everything, be safe!!!!

dybert

fire extinguisher must be there for fun. if there is ignition in that area when youre doing a run, you can kiss your ass good bye.

good luck with everything, be safe!!!!

I was waiting for someone to say this LOL.

We were being very safe, but yes, that fire extinguisher probably wouldn't have done much.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was waiting for someone to say this LOL.

We were being very safe, but yes, that fire extinguisher probably wouldn't have done much.

The fire extinguisher is to put out fires in the aftermath.

The 3500F outdoor flash itself will be over in a heartbeat.

We also keep a fire blanket handy, to roll up in.

FatherEarth

Veteran
The fire extinguisher is to put out fires in the aftermath.

The 3500F outdoor flash itself will be over in a heartbeat.

We also keep a fire blanket handy, to roll up in.

Words of wisdom from the wise Wolf.

Since butane needs air to ignite and the system is under vacuum..what happens if you blow a hose and it ignites outside of the machine? A flame fed by spewing butane on the outside of the machine or??

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Words of wisdom from the wise Wolf.

Since butane needs air to ignite and the system is under vacuum..what happens if you blow a hose and it ignites outside of the machine? A flame fed by spewing butane on the outside of the machine or??

A leak under pressure would be a blow torch.

The good news on the hoses is that the burst is 3000 to 4000psi, but that emphasizes things that can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong. What if it simply wasn't tightened?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wouldn't be pretty if you were in front of the ignited, pressurized butane leak; you'd be fucked. imagine a blow torch blasting at your belly. people should not think just because they have a closed system they can be relaxed about making their oil. you really should have a check list where you have to mark a check on every point of the list before you start. including every single hand grip needed, every nut tightened etc.