What's new

Curling and dying leaves

PottHead

Hello guys

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with them? I've never had a similar problem…

-over 3 weeks old

-PH 6,5

-no nutriens beside roots stimulator

-led 300 w hung about 70 cm above them (around 60 % power I can't say exactly because I don't have percentage regulation)

- Once they were watered through a saucer to develop the roots, since then I have noticed that even though a few centimeters of the top layer are drying out, the pot is still quite heavy.
Could be overwatering?

- Temperatures around 28 C day / 22 C night but there was couple colder nights (around 18 C)

Thanks in advice!

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2121.jpeg
    IMG_2121.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2119.jpeg
    IMG_2119.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2118.jpeg
    IMG_2118.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 35

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello guys

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with them? I've never had a similar problem…

-over 3 weeks old

-PH 6,5

-no nutriens beside roots stimulator

-led 300 w hung about 70 cm above them (around 60 % power I can't say exactly because I don't have percentage regulation)

- Once they were watered through a saucer to develop the roots, since then I have noticed that even though a few centimeters of the top layer are drying out, the pot is still quite heavy.
Could be overwatering?

- Temperatures around 28 C day / 22 C night but there was couple colder nights (around 18 C)

Thanks in advice!
Take one pot and very gently tip it out of the pot and look and feel the roots before watering. It's important to know what the water-holding capacity is of the containers. If you don't know then it's easy to over-water or under-water. Let the pots dry more and become lighter with weight. If you water the top when the bottom is holding water you will run into problems with root damage. Sometimes you have to allow the pots to become too dry for the roots to regrow from past water damage.

Since you have more than one pot it would be best to experiment in finding out what's best by holding back water or watering only one pot to find what's best.

PottHead

Thanks @Creeperpark !

After improving the temperature, thoroughly drying the pots and gradually increasing the amount of water I watered them, the plants came back to life.
I removed most of the dying leaves and I can clearly see a significant improvement in the development of side shoots and the root system.

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpeg
    IMG_2183.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 27