What's new

Curing Question

wikidcalibudgrl

ok,, i been curing my buds in jars,, is it normal for them to have a kindof leafy smell the first couple days in jar? could this mean they were put in too early??? the outsides were dry to touch when i put them in the jars and i open them everyday for an hour or two.:confused: hope i didn't mess um up,,, though i know they weren't the bomb-diggity genetics anyhow,,, soon, very soon i'll have that :(:rolleyes:

Last edited:

wikidcalibudgrl

I know I know,, it's the plant,,, crap i tell ya,:mad: ,, and to think the guy said "ohhh yeah, this stuff is great, the best!" :rolleyes: this shows me what he knows! :eek: Can't wait to get the BEST from SD.

~Sad In Nor Cal~

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
First thing: Don't worry! If the smell coming out of the jar when you open it is a chemical smell, THEN worry. I've got some in jars now and the leafy/grassy smell never left. If it's still too wet put it in a plain brown paper bag for 24 hours, clean and dry the jar very well and then put the buds back. Make sure the jar is air- tight and kept in a dark cool place. I opened mine for an hour per day to start and now it's down to 20 minutes a day. Lots of good information at overgrow Q&A. Good luck.
:wave:

wikidcalibudgrl

update

update

well,, it's been in air-tight jars for two weeks now,,, and i tell ya what! I took out a chunk last night , gave it a pinchy pinch and itstill smelled leafy, but it had a sharp piney scent too, , hubby and i toked up and it was really smooth, and the after taste was a lets see,, piney/sharp citrusy taste,not all that bad. And boy did it ever light me up! My back also quit hurtin after the smoke session too! Gonna keep on curin, ;) over all it's ok i guess, just got my NL into jars this morning so that'll be good in about 3-4 weeks! It smells Awesomely sweet/dank. My Bubbleberry is flowering Big tim,, looks like a bag of sugar dumped on it, smells sweet as sugar too! I also have two very yellow(the hairs) palnts thatr flowerin, they're getting very sugarfied too. will post pics on those to my gallery soon as i get out there to take some! :wave:

~wikidcalibudgrl~:D

Last edited:

dallasboy420

you should pull out the bud out of the jar and let it dry in a dark place over a nite or two then put it back in the jar to cure further.

wikidcalibudgrl

na',,it is very dry,,think of actually putin a couple freshie leafs in there to moisten it up when it's done curing... it was crispy when put in jars, snaping stems. This just wasn't a "dank" strain,, the other ppl i know that grew out the same clones also had the same problem,,, stillcan't wait for the kill genetics, and my Hydro set-up,,, soon to come!:D