What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curing and vaping

LHC

Hi,

I have always let the buds cure for at least a month before using it. Last grow, I was so tempted that I started vaping it as soon as the buds were dry. The plant was a sativa leaning hybrid. Now it has cured for a couple of months, and I find the high has degraded. Not as lively. More one dimensional.
Any of you have thoughts or experiences with vaping and curing?

goingrey

Have you been smoking it also? Just wondering if you experienced the same degradation that way..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quality in quality out..

A lot of changes happen in cannabis over time when curing. If done wrong it will ruin the smoke.

Curing happens after, ensuring enough moisture content remains, preserving the cannabinoids and terpenes while reducing the water and chlorophyll down. Drying with 50-60% humidity, between 65-75° F, with no sunlight. Drying is usually done for 10-14 days, and then the flower is moved into curing.

The buds are trimmed from their branches and stored in jars or any other sealable container for curing. They are then placed in a dark, dry place for at least 2-4 weeks and burped to let out gasses. Cure to a 55% humidity in low heat (70f) with no sunlight. Once the flowers are stable at 55% RH they are ready to be smoked. I will not go any longer as terpenes are volatile and will be lost. You could cure longer and some do. All that is gained is smoother smoke.

LHC

Quality in quality out..

A lot of changes happen in cannabis over time when curing. If done wrong it will ruin the smoke.

Curing happens after, ensuring enough moisture content remains, preserving the cannabinoids and terpenes while reducing the water and chlorophyll down. Drying with 50-60% humidity, between 65-75° F, with no sunlight. Drying is usually done for 10-14 days, and then the flower is moved into curing.

The buds are trimmed from their branches and stored in jars or any other sealable container for curing. They are then placed in a dark, dry place for at least 2-4 weeks and burped to let out gasses. Cure to a 55% humidity in low heat (70f) with no sunlight. Once the flowers are stable at 55% RH they are ready to be smoked. I will not go any longer as terpenes are volatile and will be lost. You could cure longer and some do. All that is gained is smoother smoke.
Thank´s for replying @Hammerhead
That supports my experience I would say.

goingrey

I have not been smoking it. Did that before, and that required proper curing of course.
With smoking some improve with the cure and some don't just wondering if it would be the same with vaping.

I mean I've vaped bud of different "vintages" countless times but I don't know haha. I wanna say it seems like it doesn't change so much over time to me. Probably because by that time it is all dry from all the jar openings maybe slowly leaking seals.

Reactions: LHC