What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

curbing autoflowering???

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
is there a way to curb the autoflowering that some plants have when they get rootbound?? i have a SOL Bluebonic lady that i really want to keep around for awhile. the only problem is she shows flowers when the pot gets too small so keeping a mother plant has proven difficult. is there aany way to slow this process down so i can skip a round or two with her and still keep the cut for later rotations?

jtk707

This is my biggest concern with auto flowering strains , but i am intrigued to hear that they dont flower till root bound . I cant wait to get more info on this subject thanx swampdank peace:joint: PLEASE DISREGARD MY NONSENSE

Last edited:

SatoriSOG

jt, they do flower wehn not rootbound, hes talking about a regular strain that gets rootbound and flowers.

I belive this is sometimes found in ak47 genetics as well

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Ya mon. I have a few strains that pop flowers if they get pot bound. But I found out that a simple transplant wil pop em right back in to veg.

Good luck!

drtask

do some root trimming. wont hurt the plant and will enable you to keep running it in the same sized pot.

GrowingHigher

I agree that doing regular root pruning could help. Really its good practice with any mother.

You can also try to knocking out some of the soil towards the center of the root ball where there is often less root mass when you do it. You can then replant with a bit of new soil so that the roots that were once crowded on the sides of the pot have a bit of new space.

Latest posts

Latest posts