What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CSI: HUMBOLDT - Mendocino Purple Urkle

ForTheLove

Veteran
Really enjoyed this thread pics, descriptions, smoke report. And always good to see more of Nspectas CSI work on ICmag.

Got me rubbing my hands together with the prospect of whats to come, as i veg up my 2 MPK phenos.

Thanks again for the great show billycw

PLR&£

billycw

Veteran
heady blunts & mellowfellow- Thanks for tagging along with the show, really dug the colors and flavors of these girls.

ForTheLove- Thanks for the kind words. I like to Rep good people in our community, Nspecta has been one of those sharing knowledge for a long time. Really dug the mendo doms, hit with the bubba I would expect magic, good luck.

#7 & #2 clone run harvest pics at day 70

First up #7, Raspberry incense with a earthy funkyness lurking
picture.php

#2 all Grape Candy Skunk
picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Thanks wallywombat, People really do like some purple in the bag.

Last of the 4 girls I ran back with a clone run. This #6 holds the best smell, imagine a bath tub full of boysenberry/grape syrup when out from under the surface a skunk pops its head out to say hi.

Mendo Purple Urkle #6
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

tumblr_lihj7bR2qH1qg64aho1_500.gif

T

Terps

beautiful buds on those girls mate thanks for sharing!

would you say the best smelling pheno is urkle dom or more of a mix of both P1's?

billycw

Veteran
Terps- Thank you, hard question as they are all real nice flavor's. I guess it comes down to what you enjoy more, urkle dom had the candy background where the mendo purps doms had the more incense backing, both carried a berry front urkle leaning grape and mendo's leaning boysenberry/razzberrish. The loudest was #6 and she was the mix dom but she had a more skunkish background.
In the end I'm really liking and keeping #1 for sure, winner. Also keeping #6, close second that came down to effects, #1 being a little more eye closer, #6 where's the party at. I personally enjoy the mendo dom myself but had people favoriting all 4 of the clone run girls. Hope that helps:biggrin:

T

Terps

Thanks bro it sounds like a really nice line to try out, when they restocked im gona try grab a pack or two.
it must of been so hard trying to choose with those all those lovely flavours!

peace

billycw

Veteran
Thanks jiggasouza, appreciated:biggrin:

Thought I'd show one more finish of the keeper flipper mpu #1 & good urkle dom, close second for me, mpu #6 with cooler flower temps.

MPU #6
Leaves turn almost black with temp drop carrying the color to the bud when left to fully mature. skunky grapey boysenberry syrup
picture.php

MPU #1
My keeper with about a week or two to go. flips some fan leaves at 30ish days in, turning a shade of red changing to a dark purple from bud out. hard dense rocks of purple disco balls of funk, flavor and aroma boysenberry perfume incense
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nspecta

Veteran
Beautiful frosty specimens Billy...I love the dark girls...but the terpy girls are the keepers for sure. :)

So the story of purple goes...
"Purple, the name and the colour, comes from a dye made from the mucus glands of a tropical sea snail, the murex (porphyra in Greek, purpura in Latin). This discovery is attributed to the Phoenician god Heracles, the guardian deity of the city of Tyre. One day his dog bit into a murex shell and its mouth immediately turned purple. His companion, the beautiful nymph Tyrus, declared she would sleep with the god only if he dyed her a garment in the same shade. Heracles obliged and the famous Tyrian purple dye was born."

That moment portrayed in a 1636 Painting by Baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens here.
View Image

The Phoenicians were the first to have and lust after Purple, even their name comes from purple- Phoenicia= Land of Purple. The Egyptians sought it, the Greeks revered it, the Romans hoarded it and now I'm looking for that Purple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4

So in the hunt for Purple strains two have always caught my eye, Mendocino purple aka Purps and Purple urkle. Nspecta has been on the boards for years, always been honest and detailed in his stains. You do some digging on these two lines you are bound to see his pictures on the boards, like here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6214823&postcount=950

When Nspecta crossed these two together he made my decision easy, Mendocino Purple Urkle- Mendocino Purple(female) x Purple Urkle(reversed female).

View Image

The Greeks had a verb for thinking deeply, "kalchaino" Meaning I search for the Purple fish. Thousands of years later I'm still searching for that Purple.
Where do you get that CSI humbolt strain?

kalikush

Terps- Thank you, hard question as they are all real nice flavor's. I guess it comes down to what you enjoy more, urkle dom had the candy background where the mendo purps doms had the more incense backing, both carried a berry front urkle leaning grape and mendo's leaning boysenberry/razzberrish. The loudest was #6 and she was the mix dom but she had a more skunkish background.
In the end I'm really liking and keeping #1 for sure, winner. Also keeping #6, close second that came down to effects, #1 being a little more eye closer, #6 where's the party at. I personally enjoy the mendo dom myself but had people favoriting all 4 of the clone run girls. Hope that helps:biggrin:

Awesome grow report, thanks for taking the time to show us all this great strain. When you say 'where's the party at?' I'm guessing that #6 is more of a sativa high? I'd love to give this a run but I really want a sativa leaning hybrid with that sweet grape goodness, I'm hoping this is it!

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Thanks for sharing this grow. I asked a friend to pick me up a pack of the Mendo Purp F1's and Purple Urkle F1's a few months ago.

I ran the Grandoggy Purps by Conoisseur about a year and a half ago. Simply for the reason that I wanted to add a good purple to my jars.

Nspecta

Veteran
Les Crane??

Hey Omni,

In my honest opinion...Les Crane didn't have anything to do with the creation of Purple Urkle or Mendo Purple...he was a bullshitter taking advantage of publicly available cuts. If he really was one of the original breeders I'd give him full credit but all proof says otherwise.

And you do know Les is R.I.P....right?

Dakine

Veteran
Just wanna make sure, are these still going around or the Urkle F2s? I thought Subcool was one of the only few to put the Urkle out.. Glad im wrong..