What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

crypto.com - is this place legit or...

Cuddles

so swagbucks suggests registering at https://crypto.com but I´m not so sure about this.
I don´t really know much about this sort of thing but if I do end up working with it, I´d like to know if this is a trustworthy site to use or just another dodgy place run by crooks.

Does anybody here use it - what´s it like?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When In doubt, throw it out! Never take chances with anyone unless you can afford a loss. Most people learn that people are crooks after the losses. 😎

Koondense

Veteran
Do you have any account on any other crypto platform?
Crypto.com is as safe as it can be, maybe doesn't offer every coin in existence but otherwise should be a solid basic platform for fiat deposits.

Cheers

Cuddles

Do you have any account on any other crypto platform?
Crypto.com is as safe as it can be, maybe doesn't offer every coin in existence but otherwise should be a solid basic platform for fiat deposits.

Cheers

The thing is, swagbucks offers 15,000 sb just for signing up but I just saw you need to invest 10$. A click on the button then says 100$ !! So this is NOT for me thanks. :(

no, I´ve not really dealt with crypto stuff. Those guys who had bitcoins and sold them a few years ago certainly got lucky though :)

but say I were to invest in anything in terms of crypto, which or what would you recommend?

Ca++

Cypto was interesting during lockdown. Then again as Russian currency took a hit so they invested. However it's down 70% this year as the interest has gone. Mining is energy intensive and so exchanges are going to shut. Vanishing along with the money within. As this becomes the best profit as exchanges face power bills that will make them uneconomical.

The UK had a warehouse busted as people were coming and going, the noise of fans was noticeable, and the placed glowed on the thermal image. It was a drugs bust, that found a server farm. The work being done wasn't illegal, but making it profitable meant stealing the electric.

The writing is on the wall. Exchange websites no longer open with the graphs you want taking center stage.

If you want to play, get something new. Everyone thinks the new thing has the most potential to improve. Find one with a good name. People like branding. A dull name will get no interest. People are really just buying the name in that area of the market. Looking for buzz words. It's not economics, it's psychology. Sell early though, as small names won't compete with big name long term. Bitcoin is the one with staying power, if just one were to survive.

I will say again though, exchanges are going to start shutting due to power costs. Closing exchanges are one of the biggest issues, and as it become more regular, people will pull out everywhere. Making values very low. A quick look at coin value and production costs, shows that stolen electric keeps the market open now. In most places production costs over double the products worth. A situation set to get worse. Any investor should look at farm with their own solar generation, and hope selling that power doesn't get more profitable than mining coins with it.

This might be something you need to check yourself, as I'm not getting any of this from anywhere except my own head, and then fact checking for confirmation. It's just the obvious course this will take, imo

Koondense

Veteran
Exchanges are not miners so they won't close if PoW gets a ban or whatever.
The main issues with crypto are regulation and corruption.
If looking for an investment(not short term trading) try to find an asset with utility which is being built right now, possibly in a way to make the world a better place. A good time to invest is when the general feeling is down, so prices are low. Might be a good time right now or maybe would be better to wait another year. Nobody really knows.
Good luck and lots of green candles!

Cheers

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As an exchange i haven't had any problems with them, i've used their card and they had good promo's on at this time last year.
I don't buy crypto off them anymore though, their prices are quite a bit higher than other exchanges.

Coinbase pro i use for trading their fees are the lowest i believe, but also kraken and sometimes binance too for the more rare stuff and both have better staking options than coinbase.

Cuddles

Cypto was interesting during lockdown. Then again as Russian currency took a hit so they invested. However it's down 70% this year as the interest has gone. Mining is energy intensive and so exchanges are going to shut. Vanishing along with the money within. As this becomes the best profit as exchanges face power bills that will make them uneconomical.

The UK had a warehouse busted as people were coming and going, the noise of fans was noticeable, and the placed glowed on the thermal image. It was a drugs bust, that found a server farm. The work being done wasn't illegal, but making it profitable meant stealing the electric.

The writing is on the wall. Exchange websites no longer open with the graphs you want taking center stage.

If you want to play, get something new. Everyone thinks the new thing has the most potential to improve. Find one with a good name. People like branding. A dull name will get no interest. People are really just buying the name in that area of the market. Looking for buzz words. It's not economics, it's psychology. Sell early though, as small names won't compete with big name long term. Bitcoin is the one with staying power, if just one were to survive.

I will say again though, exchanges are going to start shutting due to power costs. Closing exchanges are one of the biggest issues, and as it become more regular, people will pull out everywhere. Making values very low. A quick look at coin value and production costs, shows that stolen electric keeps the market open now. In most places production costs over double the products worth. A situation set to get worse. Any investor should look at farm with their own solar generation, and hope selling that power doesn't get more profitable than mining coins with it.

This might be something you need to check yourself, as I'm not getting any of this from anywhere except my own head, and then fact checking for confirmation. It's just the obvious course this will take, imo
Thank you :) I think I´ll wait for gold to go up again and hope for a favourable exchange rate :) The waiting is killing me though!

Reactions: Rgd

TPFTFW

Veteran
so swagbucks suggests registering at https://crypto.com but I´m not so sure about this.
I don´t really know much about this sort of thing but if I do end up working with it, I´d like to know if this is a trustworthy site to use or just another dodgy place run by crooks.

Does anybody here use it - what´s it like?
Locamonero.co

You can pay with cash app and what not
Super easy, you’ll be paying over the price but from there you can trade to Bitcoin or absolutely anything you want

Incognito is my go to wallet, makes trading from coin to coin a breeze

Both of these options are incredibly privacy forward

Ca++

Watch your countries base rate predictions. Normal savings might be viable soon. I have a 5% interest, instant access account. If you bank offshore, then some countries are concened 10% might be possible, so a tracker could have use there.
In the last 50 years, the usa has averaged over 5% base rate, with a peak of 20%. It's heading upwards now, though only about 3.5%. A tracker now might give a nice margin. Such products tend to vanish when you might really earn from them, but you could get your foot in the door with a savings plan that allows you to add more funds later. Before it's withdrawn from new customers.
In the UK mortgage deals are being pulled and some major banks have pulled out of the mortgage market completely this week. I could in theory get a mortgage at a lower percentage than I could get on my savings.

If that states did hit 20% again, crypto would likely be very low, as 20% indicates people are skint and everything is for sale. House prices are a good indicator of peoples spare income, or mounting debt. With a world debt cycle about to come around. Even the oil rich are looking skint.

Lastindze

While it's true that cryptocurrency is still illegal in some countries, it's still possible to make money from it through legal means. Personally, I've been using metatrader 4 free download windows 10, which platform for trading various financial instruments including cryptocurrency. It allows me to analyze market trends and make informed trading decisions. Of course, trading always carries risks, so it's important to do your own research and never invest more than you can afford to lose. But with the right tools and strategies, it's possible to profit from cryptocurrency trading in a legal and responsible manner.

Last edited:

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like they could be the next one to fall, their coin price is plummeting, people scrambling to get their funds out, rumors all over twitter.