What's new

Crosses you have made or plan to make?

MR happy

Now I am workin with HP2 from HFH crossed with early skunk! I also have sour grape in the mix soon enough some Medman stuff also! The pollen will be flying! For summer I am gonna work Ottos ducksfoot in the mix also!

Mikenite69

Veteran
Durban dog I think is Durban x chem d the seeds are on the bay made by memeber jaimaca nice I think.

I just got some winners from my boy on here that I'll be playing with in the future all are fem seeds I will definitley be looking for a killer male to pair with what I find in these beans or I am gonna just reverse them again.

Gsc(forum) x OG kush clone only most like will get hit with a blueberry male or phantom cookie male or just reversed again.

Og kush(C.O) x Grape ape dubbed purple og maybe crossed to a vanillaluna male or cocoa kush male.

Kill bill x OG Kush(clone only) reversed or one of the above males

Sour D clone only x og kush clone only--reversed back to itself most likely.

Black cherry soda x OG kush clone only-- same as above

Or I just might reverse what I find in these beans to one of the other cuts I find in these beans..

Wanna say a big thanks to my buddy who put these gems in my lap without him I wouldn't have these killer genetics to play with.

Peace mike

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

^^^ (DJ short Flo temple cut x TGA Grimm Reaper) x Dynasty Seeds Blue Heron

picture.php

^^^ Flo x Blue heron

picture.php

^^ Blue Heron BX

harry74

Veteran

I´m testing right now:
Blueberry x Blueberry
Blue Dream x Blueberry
Lavender x Blueberry
Somango x Blueberry
Super Silver Haze x Blueberry.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Lime cookie hybrid pheno

Lime cookie hybrid pheno

Hi all these are some 8 day cured bud shots of my lime cookies that i plan to S1 back to itself once i get more cuts of it....

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The last of 12 NL5xHaze x Sour Bubble seedlings came up today, joining 12 local ditchweed seedlings and starting a 1000W vision quest with the new year.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I just hit my kosher kush with strawberry dogshit pollen. I also hit my female strawberry dogshit with SDS pollen to make f2's, and an acid plant got hit with some SDS pollen. Only gonna be a few beans of each prolly. Just to see what happens.......

A

AlterEgo860

looking for some advice.. I have a bunch of males,.., I want to keep a few for seed runs.. but how do u guys pick .. do u compare wat is in the cross.. to pick which females he will pollenate. or do u just use males to hit every strain u have just incase.!?

I have a checkoff list for males and females to find keepers. and ive narrowed it down from 22 males.. down to 10. so far.. wen I get it down to 5.. I am going to ask for advice and ill let u know exactly wat female strains I have access to . and what males.. I really want to see wat others would do in my situation!

Mikenite69

Veteran
I always choose my males on traits and smell. Like my last Blueberry headband male I had I chose him because he had such a sour smell on stem rubs and he always stacked internodes like a female. Now I used him to pollinate strecthy plants with wide internodal gapping for example my pineapple chunk plant. All the progency have showed the fathers traits with short internodes now so he passed on what I wanted from him but I wound up tossing him for a stinkier headband male I found that had even better traits and stink.

Usually I toss the early indicating males because like Dj short says they usually aren't the best males to use.

Also IMO that using a male is a gamble you never know what you are gonna get out of him. The best advice I can give is look for smell or a desirable trait that the male has that will make you want to use him. Also if he is a stinker most likely he will make the female progency smell a lot more than the original mother.

Just my 2 cents what I have found while crossing male plants.

rik78

Veteran
this is how mr soul of brothers grim fame do it, this are his words, I just quoting here:

"The directly observable & important traits of male cannabis are as follows:

1. Resistance to hermaphrodism
2. Vigor
3. Stature
4. Maturation rate

All males expressing poor quality in any of these traits should be culled so as not to pass the weak trait on to the progeny.

Males are also be observed to have a certain scent and floral structure but the importance of these traits pale in comparison to those listed.

The potency of male plants, and especially the potency difference between individual males in a group, is generally too subtle to be measured by anything short of professional scientific laboratory equipment. Moreover, there is no conclusive proof that the most potent male in a group actually creates the most potent female progeny, although it seems intuitive that that should be the case. The difficulty of determining a male plant's potency is a major hurdle to proving this link.

Thankfully, logic dictates that the potency of a male plant ITSELF isn’t very important, as we aren’t interested in growing males for marijuana production. The value of a male lies entirely in the traits he consistently passes on to his daughters. Therefore it’s unnecessary to identify the one male amongst a group of potential pollen donors with the greatest potency. It’s far more logical to evaluate the female progeny of each male to define the potency of each male in the group.

Male cannabis individuals may be graded for quality by a controlled pollination of IDENTICAL female clones (one for each pollen donor). This isolates the influence of the male by holding CONSTANT the influence of the female on each cross. The seeds resulting from each clone are then grown and the progeny is graded to determine which of the crosses was the most successful. When the group with the most desirable female progeny is identified, the responsible male has been identified as the most valuable. Males can be kept in the vegetative state exactly like female “mother plants”, except that we should call them “dads” of course. Clones from the favored male can be flowered as needed along with the breeding female(s) when seeds are desired.

Due to the clandestine nature of marijuana growing, in most cases there will only be about 10 males to be evaluated after culling all those with directly observable defects. Breeding with larger populations is always preferable, as genetics is a statistical "game".

Commercial breeders would clearly benefit from the development of a reliable method of identifying males with the greatest potential for passing on high potency genes. Perhaps someone will do the necessary research someday, but by following the above method, growers can accurately pin-point the ONE male in their small group which is the most potent...in the only meaningful sense of “male potency”.

choom

Coming down the pipeline 2014

Coming down the pipeline 2014

CBD Sweet & Sour White Widow#2 X CBD S&SWW#4
CBD Sweet & Sour White Widow#1 X CBD S&SWW#4
Northern Lights #5 X CBD S&SWW#4
Headcheese X CBD S&SWW#4
Dj's Blueberry X CBD S&SWW#4
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#3 X CBD S&SWW#4
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#1 X CBD S&SWW#4
Querkle X CBD S&SWW#4
Sour Grape#9 X CBD S&SWW#4
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#1 X S&SWW#4
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#4 X S&SWW#4
Sour Grape#1 X CBD S&SWW#4
Sour Bubble X CBD S&SWW#4
Sour Lifesaver X CBD S&SWW#4
Alfred Packer X CBD S&SWW#4
{{Northern Lights#5 X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#2 X CBD S&SWW#4
{Northern Lights#5 X 'pheno Z'}#7 X CBD S&SWW#4
{{'pheno T' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' }}#1 X CBD S&SWW#4
{{'73 Afghan X '76 Oaxacan} X {'pheno T' X 'pheno Z'}}#4 X CBD S&SWW#4
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {'pheno Z'}}#3 X CBD S&SWW#4
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {'pheno ZZZ' aka {Headcheese X UW}}#1 X CBD S&SWW#4
{{'pheno I' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#1 X CBD S&SWW#4
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {'pheno ZZZ' aka {Headcheese X UW}}#4 X CBD S&SWW#4
Northern Lights #5 X Sour Bubble#6
Dj's Blueberry X Sour Bubble#6

Headcheese X Sour Bubble#6
{{'73 Afghan X '76 Oaxacan} X {'pheno T' X 'pheno Z'}} X Sour Bubble#6
Sour Grape#9 X Sour Bubble#6
Sour Bubble#31 X Sour Bubble#6
Sour Lifesaver X Sour Bubble#6

Alfred Packer X Sour Bubble#6
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#3 X Sour Bubble#6
{{'pheno I' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#1 X Sour Bubble#6
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#1 X Sour Bubble#6
CBD Sweet & Sour White Widow#1 X Sour Bubble#6
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#1 X Sour Bubble#6
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#4 X Sour Bubble#6
CBD Sweet & Sour White Widow#2 X Sour Bubble#6
Querkle X Sour Bubble#6
Northern Lights #5 X Sour Bubble#22
Dj's Blueberry X Sour Bubble#22
Headcheese X Sour Bubble#22
{{'73 Afghan X '76 Oaxacan} X {'pheno T' X 'pheno Z'}}#3 X Sour Bubble#22
Sour Grape#9 X Sour Bubble#22
Sour Bubble#31 X Sour Bubble#22
{{'pheno I' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#1 X Sour Bubble#22
Sour Lifesaver X Sour Bubble#22
Alfred Packer X Sour Bubble#22
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#3 X Sour Bubble#22
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#1 X Sour Bubble#22
CBD Sweet & Sour White Widow#1 X Sour Bubble#22
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#1 X Sour Bubble#22
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#4 X Sour Bubble#22
CBD Sweet & Sour White Widow#2 X Sour Bubble#22
Querkle X Sour Bubble#22
Sour Bubble#31 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
Dj's Blueberry X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
Headcheese X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
Northern Lights#5 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
Sour Grape#9 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
CBD S&SWW#1 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
CBD S&SWW#2 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5

Sour Lifesaver X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
Alfred Packer X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{{'73 Afghan X '76 Oaxacan} X {'pheno T' X 'pheno Z'}}#3 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#1 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#4 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#3 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#1 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5

{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {'pheno Z'}}#3 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {'pheno ZZZ' aka {Headcheese X UW}}#1 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{{'pheno I' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#1 X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
Sour Bubble#31 X SourLifesaver#1
Dj's Blueberry X SourLifesaver#1
Headcheese X SourLifesaver#1
Northern Lights#5 X SourLifesaver#1
Sour Grape#9 X SourLifesaver#1
CBD S&SWW#1 X SourLifesaver#1
CBD S&SWW#2 X SourLifesaver#1

Sour Lifesaver X SourLifesaver#1
Alfred Packer X SourLifesaver#1
{{'73 Afghan X '76 Oaxacan} X {'pheno T' X 'pheno Z'}}#3 X SourLifesaver#1
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#1 X SourLifesaver#1
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#4 X SourLifesaver#1

{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#3 X SourLifesaver#1
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#1 X {Querkle X SourLifesaver#1
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {'pheno Z'}}#3 X SourLifesaver#1
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X {'pheno ZZZ' aka {Headcheese X UW}}#1 X SourLifesaver#1
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}} X SourLifesaver#1
{{'pheno I' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#1 X SourLifesaver#1

Northern Lights#5 S1's
Dj's Blueberry S1's
Headcheese S1's
Querkle S1's

My priorities I have bold font though I swear I nearly bold them all
from what I expect to come from the studs, especially seeing how
the first Flaming Violet male passed its traits along, mega charging
Querkle and Blueberry. It's lineage is a mystery though from Seattle
market vendors my mentor knew as 'the darkest bud', was brought
to my stable one night and I usually say hell no to any nice plant if
I have no clue the lineage.. but it's color and smell was incredible
but the way trichs with heavy capitates began to litter the water leaf stems
all the way up to covering each nut. I didn't care about my own
prerequisites for accepting a stud at that moment.. I still have pollen
stored from him and the Querkle X Flaming Violet #5 stud is still
throwing pollen off right now, along with my stars 'pheno I' X 'pheno Z',
and CBD S&SWW#4, with the BOG boys sporting incredible stout
structures; especially the SLS with elongated water leaf
stems (not crowding the lower and mid structure) and refreshing eucalyptus
terpene profile. This will mainly be to store and play with later, though
plan to dive right in with whatever seems right. I'm still working on sourcing
genetics to work with and select for traits I've been after for a long time.
Would love a great Chem, Hazes and other full on sativas, and tropical landraces to play with..

I'll create a community album with my males in due time..

choom(0:

harry74

Veteran
Fuck man that looks like the menú of a mega-dispensary:headbange
you´re going to bury Arjan by yourself man:bow:

Just kidding, best luck with your crosses:)

choom

@harry76: Thank you for the reply and interest, I actually forgot to mention a few..

{Northern Lights X Super Silver Haze X Malawi} a single and old seed held onto by my mentor recently encouraged into his soil by my pestering; it's a pretty old seed as far as I know early to mid 2000's at very latest but the genes are oldschool/early 90's and he swore his respect to the source, she's drooping over at the moment I'd love some old heads to ID it's physical traits whenever I can show & tell.. so no not the Northern Lights#5 but an older and more sativa expression and older stock SSH.. crazy goulash of smells.. I-Z Is the {{Dj's Blueberry X UW 'pheno I'} X {Dj's Blueberry X UW 'pheno Z'}} male which sports stubby bambooesque main branches yielding trich laden nutsacks.. not nearly frosted like the original Flaming Violet male which sparkled orbs better than a lot of keeper moms, but this boy reeks something skunky and more so spicy that wasn't like the mom used, it's going to be perfect with Headcheese I think and look forward to very much. I'm also going to see if this Godbud I got from a single seed yielded from a clone I flowered out from a close older friend is anything special, so far it smells fantastic like marionberry Now N' Laters with a stout tightly noded structure, anyone who has smelt some phenos of GDP or Sour Grape has smelt this peculiar smell. Only time will tell..

{NL.SSH.Malawi} X CBD S&SWW#4
{NL.SSH.Malawi} X I-Z
{NL.SSH.Malawi} X Sour Lifesaver#1
{NL.SSH.Malawi} X Sour Bubble#22
{NL.SSH.Malawi} X {Querkle X Flaming Violet}#5
{NL.SSH.Malawi} X Sour Bubble#6
Querkle X I-Z
{Dj's Blueberry X Flaming Violet}#1 X I-Z
Headcheese X I-Z
Northern Lights#5 X I-Z
Dj's Blueberry X I-Z
CBD S&SWW#2 X I-Z
Sour Grape#9 X I-Z
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#3 X I-Z
{Querkle X Flaming Violet}#1 X I-Z
Sour Bubble#31 X I-Z
Alfred Packer X I-Z
{{'pheno I' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#1 X I-Z
{{'pheno I' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno Z' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW}}#3 X I-Z
{{'pheno H' aka {Dj's Blueberry X UW} X 'pheno ZZZ' aka {Headcheese X UW}}#4 X I-Z

choom(0:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Yup,

I got a not super vigourus anesthesia, with a moderate stretch an a super open structure with rock hard bud shinning like a diamond with that typical bored herijuana smell/taste

I save some of my crazy pollen from my cali-o f2 male who flowering with 16 hours of light per day!

I'm about to nail it next week!

Attachments

• rsz_pict0026.jpg
    rsz_pict0026.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 9

Bmac1

Veteran
I have some alpha diesel going right now. Hoping for some pollen to make some f2 and maybe a sprinkle here and there over some other things.:biggrin:

Bombasquatch

Accidental Flavor

Accidental Flavor

Accidentally polinated a local large yielding og kush with a ghs the church x mountain high deep chunk male.