What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crosses you have made or plan to make?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
20240104_180414.jpg

This one is my sweet 16 beta#1 sister to the one I posted last time. That other one got a lot of the kush in it, this one leans to the Mexican side of the heritage. Very fruity smells like I don't even know, strawberry banana mango salad or something. It's pretty and fairly easy to grow. But man do the spidermites love it. You can't see but every bud except this one was layered in fine webbing. Ugh. Fucking borg.
20231230_124042.jpg

These 2 are both clones of the same plant about 2 weeks apart. No... The taller one is actually the younger plant. Finicky lil bitch. Not enough water in the first weeks of flower and it stretches out of control. And it's also one of those cookie style plants that only gives up popcorn.

It's a cross of my rainy days/daze dusted with a "male" S2 from some feminized strawberry diesel. That wasn't all the way done with the surgery.

Got 2 pheno. 1 sativa that looks like the mom and this one with the diesel style buds. Cept they never get bigger than your thumbnail.

20231207_143022.jpg

Sorry I'm not wearing my glasses but I hope one of these is in focus . 🤓
20231207_143110.jpg

Here's at like 7 weeks and about as done looking as she gets. I must have written down the days wrong coz no way she's done in 50 days I just let it go to at least day 60 for my own personal satisfaction.

20231124_224958.jpg

This last one I took down at day 57 because it looked as done as it was gonna be and I was convinced I messed up somewhere. But here I am in the 4th grow of the same clone in coco last time and one coco and one promix this time. Same food all across. And the buds still just tiny things and all the pistils turn and shrivel up by the time you get to week 8.

Last edited:

west-eu

Hey kro-magnon

Yep Headbanger is a very good genetic to work with . i've grown it specilaly to find a good male to cross it with my own Sour D cuts .

I did many cross with the HB #14 , the male is quite dominant in time of flo and flower structure but is not dominant in flavor.

Bandaid Haze #7 x Hb#14 ... some finish in 10 / 11 weeks ... none had sour terp , only BH7 flav

The Combava has a very strong smell and flavor ... limegrass / cut grass / lime / sour, perfect after work smoke !

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
How do I import pictures from an album?

My chi town f2 a strain I didn't originally intend to make but I like the sour profile and my friends do too. So doing a test pop of some f2 seeds. Not sure who hit her up just wanna see how homogeneous they are. Based on how all the 3 I sprouted are almost identical decided to bx one and do a bit of a incross with some old pollen that may or may not still be viable.

If working I'll have a bx1 and a bx2 of a sort all in one round of seeds.

The pollen would be a grandfather great uncle situation as these plants descend from the mom I made the male from to which this pollen came. If that make any sense 😂 I know I'm confused.
20240218_125015.jpg

The plants started from Mexican bag seeds I used to save cuz I'm a sativa guy. Breed the shorter ones cuz I used to be all about the stealth micro grows. But I'm sure there's still a place for short sativa that finish under 10 weeks.
20240218_125433.jpg

Chunky cuz I learned that no matter how many lights I have or how well I dial it in. The dense buds are mostly down to genetics. More pistils = more calyx = dense buds.

20240218_125739.jpg

The Misha f1 crossed to the ancient kush bagseed I used for my male. Kush genes strong hoping to double back on my Misha genepool since I didn't keep clones back then and this old pollen and whatever old seeds I have left are it.

20240218_125715.jpg

Dusted this branch with the chi twon (chi f2) male sibling. Gonna compare that with the cross back to the grand ancestor.

20240218_125534.jpg

This girl is chunky green and frosty to the fan leaves. But this is like the most quiet plant I've ever grown. Like no smell up close, rubbing the trichomes gives off a very faint "weed and citrus" smell.

I might name this the quiet 🤫 cut if it's worth keeping. Everyone talking loud loud loud. Real G's move in silence. 😂

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Here this thing is an f2 of my S16b2 #1 with the pink pistils up there. The male I'm not exactly sure I believe it was ojds strawberry sssh. One of those eventually led to a stable male that I ended up getting it's pollen everywhere. Didn't really intend to make this cross but I popped one seed and it was a girl so here we are day 1 of the flower tent.

Tall and very lanky. Hollow stemmed and pretty much might snap in half during a strong breeze. But look at those goddamn leaves doe. The size of dinner plates. I'm hoping the mom shows through the final product.

20240218_124824.jpg

20240217_153550.jpg

So the cross would be (Sasha f3x Misha f3)x(strawberry sssdh s1 male/ or that strawberry plant dusted by either my Misha f3 male or the boy skout kushies #6 male)

phatkidgenetics

bluishberry f1 ([blueberry cupcake x mac1] x luxor's hashberry)

they have the same issue i had with the blueberry cupcake x mac1 mom, small popcorn buds. i was hoping it was my fault for not watering properly (though i grew the blueberry cupcake x mac1 mom for over a year and i think i got some decent sized tops only once), but i have been on top of it and now i am thinking this is a trait of her lineage. thats why i was hoping the luxor,s hashberry males would add bigger denser buds and thcv.

i have never grown any cookies strains or mac1. so now i think im reading that those are known for the popcorn buds?

bluishberry #1 is the most blueberry smelling
IMG_7987.jpeg
View attachment 18961535

#2 View attachment 18961536
IMG_7986.jpeg
and #3 is shorter so should theoretically be more hashberry dominant but those damn small buds lol.
IMG_7988.jpeg View attachment 18961539
here is a seed forming in the #3 but im not sure on the pollen donor. most likely it was a purple afghani auto though. View attachment 18961537
IMG_7989.jpeg

so i was just thinking, since the small bud trait is dominant, if i f2 it, i should hypothetically be able to find one with a blueberry smell but hashberry big buds?
then if i make f3 seeds hopefully i can nail down my desired cross of blueberry smell and hashberry big buds

i am not complaining because they all smell incredible and are insanely frosty, but i guess what i am encountering is the bottleneck of mac1 (?) and also blueberry muffins is probably on f1000000 by now and blueberry cupcake is blueberry muffins x wedding cake

anyway i have been chucking pollen but this is a breeding project im trying to put some intention into. if only i had a way to test for thcv. but i think the f2 should open up the big bud blueberry pheno and then f3 should lock it down? i am new to the breeding with intention thing but optimistic lol

Ottafish

View attachment 18943916

This one is my sweet 16 beta#1 sister to the one I posted last time. That other one got a lot of the kush in it, this one leans to the Mexican side of the heritage. Very fruity smells like I don't even know, strawberry banana mango salad or something. It's pretty and fairly easy to grow. But man do the spidermites love it. You can't see but every bud except this one was layered in fine webbing. Ugh. Fucking borg. View attachment 18943917

These 2 are both clones of the same plant about 2 weeks apart. No... The taller one is actually the younger plant. Finicky lil bitch. Not enough water in the first weeks of flower and it stretches out of control. And it's also one of those cookie style plants that only gives up popcorn.

It's a cross of my rainy days/daze dusted with a "male" S2 from some feminized strawberry diesel. That wasn't all the way done with the surgery.

Got 2 pheno. 1 sativa that looks like the mom and this one with the diesel style buds. Cept they never get bigger than your thumbnail.

View attachment 18943947
Sorry I'm not wearing my glasses but I hope one of these is in focus . 🤓
View attachment 18943953
Here's at like 7 weeks and about as done looking as she gets. I must have written down the days wrong coz no way she's done in 50 days I just let it go to at least day 60 for my own personal satisfaction.

View attachment 18943948
This last one I took down at day 57 because it looked as done as it was gonna be and I was convinced I messed up somewhere. But here I am in the 4th grow of the same clone in coco last time and one coco and one promix this time. Same food all across. And the buds still just tiny things and all the pistils turn and shrivel up by the time you get to week 8.
That looks and sounds like an excellent strain. Would you want to trade some seeds with me. I’d like to breed it with one of mine if you didn’t mind.