What's new

Crock pot cannabutter....so easy even a stoner can do it

calstar

I've seen a few questions regarding crock pot cannabutter, this is how we do it. Put in the ingredients, turn it on for as long as you like(up to 24 hrs, after that I've heard the things start to lose good properties), and relax. No burning with a crock pot, won't happen if you have a pulse and at least look at it occasionally. This batch has 1 pound organic butter(sweet unsalted is personal preference), 1 oz. small very frosty bud (no leaf), 4 hrs in the pot, cool in refrig, ready to add to your favorite recipe.

Attachments

• DSCN5115.jpg
    DSCN5115.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN5116.jpg
    DSCN5116.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN5126.jpg
    DSCN5126.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN5127.jpg
    DSCN5127.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN5128.jpg
    DSCN5128.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN5129.jpg
    DSCN5129.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN5131.jpg
    DSCN5131.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN5133.jpg
    DSCN5133.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN5132.jpg
    DSCN5132.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 18

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
been doing the crock pot thing for years. 1 lb or frosty trim to 2 lbs of butter. with bubble hash water. switch it from low to high for 2-3 days. strain it, and you end up with some true budder. that shit will make people trip. actually i've made batches and people ate to many and had to goto the hospital.

Very nice.. I'm gonna go buy a slow cooker tomorrow and try this method.
What ingredients do you use? just butter? how much water?

Yuk!

You put the plant matter in there?? I use only sifted tricombs in my butter. No dark green stuff for me. Mine comes out just a little yellower then the butter was when I started and you cannot taste the material in it. Much better way of doing this for sure.

Again YUK!

MMJ

Hey there, just wanted to add that I have what appears to be the same old school crock pot you have used for butter in these photos. I have used that crock pot and had great results. However, I also have a "nicer" newer one that I used and actually browned my butter. It had 3 settings, I used the lowest setting, and in less than two hours I had nearly scorched the butter. It started bubbling and popping, you don't want to be hearing any of that if you're doing it right. I'm sure that not all new crock pots are going to do this, just a heads up to keep a close watch if you're using one for the first time, if your lowest setting is too high, you will have to turn it on and off, get a better crock pot, or just do it on the stove! ~MissGD

Barn Owl

Yuk!

You put the plant matter in there?? I use only sifted tricombs in my butter. No dark green stuff for me. Mine comes out just a little yellower then the butter was when I started and you cannot taste the material in it. Much better way of doing this for sure.

Again YUK!

MMJ

I have yet to eat a powerful edible that does not have a cannabis earthy taste to it.

I have purchased some canola canna oil. It tasted wonderful in bannana bread, but had no magic to it. I once tried the trichrome sifting, but the end result did not deliver for me.

I still would love to find the taste free, immaculate edible!

Yuck means potency...the old saying about medicine tasting bad seems to hold up for me anyway.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I have a brand new crockpot that I bought for the purposes of cannabuttering.

You WILL burn all of your lovely meds to brown slag if you turn it on for 12+ hours on the LOWEST setting.

Second try, I added water to the mix.... definitely a better result!

And as superman says, adding water will reduce some of the terpinoids that ARE water soluble which means less smell and less greenness.

If you want as little smell/taste as possible, do this:

#1 Make your batch of cannabutter by adding water + butter + bud and cooking for... as long as you want.

#2 Pour the whole batch into another container and wait for the butter to solidify (stick in fridge).

#3 After butter solidifies, dump the remaining water.

#4 put the cannabutter back in the crockpot with some fresh clean water.

#5 let it go for a couple of hours and then repeat steps #2-#5 until your butter no longer looks or smells like weed. (It may take 3+ times to get really buttery looking/smelling butter.)

#6 Pour the butter through cheese cloth or a sieve and get as much plant matter out as possible.

#7 When it solidifies this time, it's ready to use.

Of course, all the extra steps are only necessary if you want to remove as much of the smell/flavor as possible.

Another option would be to water-cure the bud you're planning on using for butter FIRST, which will remove most of the chlorophyl and odor prior to cooking.

What exactly is your procedure to water cure the bud?

That was my original intent for the water to lift some of the water soluble compounds.. and I think it will keep things from burning too.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Take dried or fresh bud and submerge in water. change
water every 6 to 12 hours until water stops changing colors. Hang to dry like normal.

For small amounts of bud you could use a mason jar with holes in the lid and drain the water through said holes.

For more info google water curing.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Do I need to make some cannabutter if I want to make some weed brownies? or can I use the flowers them selfs to make the brownies?

BHOJoe

I have yet to eat a powerful edible that does not have a cannabis earthy taste to it.

I have purchased some canola canna oil. It tasted wonderful in bannana bread, but had no magic to it. I once tried the trichrome sifting, but the end result did not deliver for me.

I still would love to find the taste free, immaculate edible!

Yuck means potency...the old saying about medicine tasting bad seems to hold up for me anyway.

Well, I've been making edibles that have little to no taste for a while now. Everyone who eats my edibles says they don't know how I do it. Here's how. 6 hours of material in 4 sticks of butter and 6 cups of water on low in crock pot. Strain material. Let butter and water sit in fridge in tupperware over night. In the morning, take butter off top and dump water. Add butter to 6 cups of water on low in stove top pot. Pour into tupperware for six hours. Take butter off top, dump nasty water. Again, add butter to 6 cups of water on low in stove top pot. Pour into tupperware for six hours. Take butter off top, dump nasty water. Take triple washed, purified butter, melt in pot, add equal parts regular butter to cannabutter melt all butter together. Let sit in fridge till hard. Mixing the tripple washed butter with regular butter decreases the potency by 50% and reduces the nasty taste by over 99%. I swear by this method. Eat two cookies, instead of one. You won't taste a thing.

BHOJoe

I have a brand new crockpot that I bought for the purposes of cannabuttering.

You WILL burn all of your lovely meds to brown slag if you turn it on for 12+ hours on the LOWEST setting.

Second try, I added water to the mix.... definitely a better result!

And as superman says, adding water will reduce some of the terpinoids that ARE water soluble which means less smell and less greenness.

If you want as little smell/taste as possible, do this:

#1 Make your batch of cannabutter by adding water + butter + bud and cooking for... as long as you want.

#2 Pour the whole batch into another container and wait for the butter to solidify (stick in fridge).

#3 After butter solidifies, dump the remaining water.

#4 put the cannabutter back in the crockpot with some fresh clean water.

#5 let it go for a couple of hours and then repeat steps #2-#5 until your butter no longer looks or smells like weed. (It may take 3+ times to get really buttery looking/smelling butter.)

#6 Pour the butter through cheese cloth or a sieve and get as much plant matter out as possible.

#7 When it solidifies this time, it's ready to use.

Of course, all the extra steps are only necessary if you want to remove as much of the smell/flavor as possible.

Another option would be to water-cure the bud you're planning on using for butter FIRST, which will remove most of the chlorophyl and odor prior to cooking.

Agreed, this is basically what I do, except 30 minutes at a time after the initial cooking is more than enough, no need to cook for hours at a time with the subsequent water butter cooking. Plus I mix 1:1 cannabutter with regular butter to ensure zero canna-taste. Also, sometimes it takes 2 times, sometimes it takes 3 times, if the water is clear, you're good, if it's brown, wash again.

Barn Owl

Well, I've been making edibles that have little to no taste for a while now. Everyone who eats my edibles says they don't know how I do it. Here's how. 6 hours of material in 4 sticks of butter and 6 cups of water on low in crock pot. Strain material. Let butter and water sit in fridge in tupperware over night. In the morning, take butter off top and dump water. Add butter to 6 cups of water on low in stove top pot. Pour into tupperware for six hours. Take butter off top, dump nasty water. Again, add butter to 6 cups of water on low in stove top pot. Pour into tupperware for six hours. Take butter off top, dump nasty water. Take triple washed, purified butter, melt in pot, add equal parts regular butter to cannabutter melt all butter together. Let sit in fridge till hard. Mixing the tripple washed butter with regular butter decreases the potency by 50% and reduces the nasty taste by over 99%. I swear by this method. Eat two cookies, instead of one. You won't taste a thing.

Sounds interesting, but I am in it for the potency, not the taste. I would not want to reduce the potency by half, but again, most people use edibles on an occasional basis and would get a pretty good ride from your edibles. I hate to throw the word medical around because I want everybody to be able to use it, but I do use it for medical reasons and potency is the higest priority!

As far as avoiding taste, the best way for me is to concentrate the magic into the smallest edibles. The Canna-caps are great, but I am still perfecting making those.

Latest posts

Latest posts