What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critique My SCROG - If you'd like

Tutu

Shibby Dobbins said:
Nah, leaves aren't brittle

cool scrog you got there

Thanks, I'm not trying to scrog it for bud though I need lots of clones and these plants should easily give me 200+ clones between them after a week under the MH. I might scrog a couple of my budding babies and compare them to the ones I SOG to see which gives the best yield.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
sigh 24/0 is not bad for your plants. some people just dont get it. it's like saying hydro is bad for your plant... 24/0 is just a growing technique, not some earth shaking matter of importance. MAYBE it causes stress (i believe people mistake heat stress for the light cycle because they can't get the temperature right with all that light), and that is a big maybe because my plants have never hermed and i have always used 24/0.

Just ween them from 24/0 to 20/4 to 18/ 6 to 12/12/ and they won't even notice it... actually they dont have preflowers before the switch but most show em by 18/6 of the cycle

G

agreed, i don't think 24/0 is too 'stressfull' or bad no matter how long it is...

at this point i would like to start them flowering right now, but since they are having problems with yellowing of leaves and purpling of stems (this has definitly got to be a pH problem) I wanna let em rebound before throwing them into flower.

gave em ferts a couple days before transplanting and there's no sign of progress so im pretty sure there's a pH problem. transplanted em a couple days ago, will water them today, and hopeflly by next week they will be back on track...eek

G

K so they are starting to rebound from the pH trouble now....they've been transplanted and have been watered once, enough to rinse a good amount out of the drainholes. They are finally starting to perk up again. Need to slap myself in the head for this pH stunt ...grrr.. 2 more weeks vegging? 3? 4? we'll see....Need to develop some more shoots...then hopefully at least 1 will be female..:chin:

The one on the left smells fruity, the one on the right smells more skunky. I hope the one on the left is a female...eeee

9059stazzendazzens.jpg

Last edited:

bigjayworks

i dont know if im stoned but i think your net is way to close to the pot.. im not sure but i think one of the advantages of doing scrog is to also have good air cerculating under the net after you trim of all leaves under the net wich would help your yeild and plant grow better. - bigjayworks

G

thanks it is pretty close to the soil/perlite, mayb 1-2 inches. I think I might let the pressure off the net and also clip a bunch of fan leaves today. thanks.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Shibby man ya having fun yet lol.
It seems every grow presents some new chalenges, I thing they might have been a little routbound.
I agree the screen is a little close but great job on the training, it's gonna get cooking soon.
Have you hit them with a microbial tea yet?
It's always my first course of action as soon as I see any problems.

Peace
Sub :lurk:

G

lets see, I transplanted them on the 8th, watered them on the 15th, then gave another watering...probably on the 18th or 19th....both with straight water unil it came out the pot....

so i think it's time for a fertilization....going to give a full dose of ej microblast and a half dose of neptune's maybe today. not sure if its better to give the full dose of neptunes or not, but i figure i'd rather under-do it tha over-do it.

still not too happy because the stems have splotches of purple still on them......i can't tell if it was because of the pH lockout, lack of nutes, or both. grrrrrrr. figuring I just gave them 2 fresh waterings, they should be low on ferts now, so im going to hope for the best and give em a dose soon

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
If the purpling is not due to lockout them it's a K def. but once it has purpled it usually stays that way even if the def. is fixed, try some liquid seaweed it's my K source of choice.
Under doing it is a good approach, you can always give them more later but yeah they sound due.
:smoke:

G

Oh I thought purple was a sign of a P deficiency?

my neptunes only has "2-3-1" (N-P-K)

I wonder if 1 is too little K......

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
No purpling is a K def., it can be caused by low available of K or low temperatures which purples the plant as cold locks out K uptake.
I would try to dilute some liquid seaweed in a spray bottle and foliar feed them, it will give them extra micros too as well as fixing the problem fast bypassing the rootzone.

That fertilizer sounds too high in Phos. for veg, the plants need higher N than P right now so P will buid up in the soil, it should be like 3-1-2 instead.

Last edited:
G

fuck. .. why would they even make that fertilizer like that. their bloom is 2-4-1

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
See even the bloom is a little weak in K and a little high in N for an end of flowering boost, I'm not saying it's the cause of your problem but rather that it could eventually be a problem.
I've never used those but the only bottle fert I use is LiquidKarma so I'm not your man, try the seaweed it can do NO harm.

S

strain_searcher

shibby dibby where did you get the scrog screen? Im looking for something like that. 1 0r 2 inch holes?

G

i duno it was from some kind of build-a-rack system for storage from a store like target or something, there were like 20 square mesh screens like that which are made to link together with plastic pieces to form a cabinet or rack or shelves or something

bigjayworks

where would you find liqoud seaweed?? or do u have to make it?? the purpling can also be because of the temps when your lights turn of... if there is a big difference in temps in the room when the lights are on and off than i think that will cause some coloring.

G

Suby said:
See even the bloom is a little weak in K and a little high in N for an end of flowering boost, I'm not saying it's the cause of your problem but rather that it could eventually be a problem.
I've never used those but the only bottle fert I use is LiquidKarma so I'm not your man, try the seaweed it can do NO harm.
I always add 2 tbs greensand per gallon of soil mix, though, which should add some K. unless, of course, it takes very long for greensand to break down to become available? i dont know.

R00KIE

Purpling stems can be caused by overwatering as well....
Personally I always get it for the first little bit while the plant is first growing then the stem starts to turn green at the new growth when it's able to drink the water I give it. Ie: fill the pot with roots.
The bottom of the stem never really changes though, just the new stuff...
Those plants look like they may have a little zinc problem goin on... Same thing happened to one of my mom's... I used a shot of flora nova and she greened right up...
Distinct yellow banding on upper growth would suggest that. Seeing as how it's not only bottom growth thats affected.