What's new

Critique My Organic Regimen Please...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I'm just fucking with you man. Your first post read to me as a little cocky between your comment re: EDTA and the last line about organics, read to me like you were looking for a hydro vs organic pissing contest. You seem genuinely intent on figuring out what's what so let's skip the bullshit and get down to it.

Do you mean an alternative for Cal/Mag to use in hydro applications? Or just any organic cal/mag supplement? There are a couple of things to choose from but it's not as simple as saying "use this" because I need to know what else you use and what might be an organic equivalent. You might not necessarily need a Cal/Mag supplement, you know what I mean?

Washington and Oregon databases are very helpful, they have an extensive list of tested products. I don't use guano nor do most organic farmers I know. The heavy metal content is one reason, among many. There are ways soil growers can deal with this, if they're so inclined, or just skip it, guanos are easily replaced.

As for hydro growers who might use guanos, pick something else if heavy metals are a concern. That's been my point from the beginning man, you're not tied to using only guano as an organic fertilizer. There are lots of other things available. If you're looking for ferts/amendments suitable for organic hydro things do get a little trickier, though they are improving, but it is still possible.

Also, I can't help notice you picked two fairly dissimilar items to make your point. A high P guano versus a veg nute? I've never minimized the issue of heavy metals, to be clear, but I try to maintain a balanced perspective. Comparing raw guano to a highly processed inorganic mineral is not exactly apples to apples. Consider that most hydro growers would not use raw guano because it has poor solubility and needs to undergo a mineralization process to really give up the goods. Bottled nutes are (generally) already mineralized, thus the immediate uptake.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
If you are running semi-organic, I don't see why not just switch to full organics. It's a lot easier, cheaper, less work needed, and its more envirolmental friendly. If you are already running "semi-organics", you clearly have some type of concern, or are trying to maximize the genetic expression of your plants.

Once you get deep into composting, especially worm castings, the need to implement nutrients it's very minimal. Just top dress a bit of EWC here and there, add a few scoops of fresh off the bin EWC to a gallon of water every feeding or so and just sit back and watch the plants thrive.

Yeah, you could and buy all sorts of ammendments and implement them, but you don't have to. Some Rock dust, a bag of some organic bundle pack with mycos and benefitial bacteria (espoma, dr. earth, etc), 1000 worms and you set to go. Of course you can always go a step further and implement teas, fermented plant extracts out of weeds that grow everywhere and such things.

Rasputin clearly knows his shit, and it's trying to enlighten people about the simplicity and efficiency of full-organics.

Ditch whatever Babylon sold it to you and go back to reconnecting to mother nature. This is what this plant is all about anyways.

Feed the microbes in the soil, let them take care of your plant, instead of force feed them with fast chelated food. You can feed a child McD's and they will grow big, but it won't have the best health development. Sort of the same thing happens to your plant. The microbes in the soil are like the bacteria in your stomach that helps you break the food down and release nutrients to your body.

It's a great gateway to open your eyes to all the bullshit that happens to our food, and everywhere nowadays.

Not always what came from a store, has a pretty label and a high price tag, it's of superior quality of what it's cheap, available everywhere and natural.

Just my personal opinion, also, that website from the washington state its golden, thanks for sharing.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i been recycling my soil for over 5 years and running living soil for a couple and i am so glad i transitioned the way I did

fuck being reliant on other people for understanding the causation of environmental inputs, putting in time and learning through causation is the best experience

being able to pull off the best weed in all scenarios is one true road to mastery

there is nothing wrong with him wanting to learn in measures and degrees and the inability for most people to be able to constructively critique his efforts is counter intuitive to the organic movement as a whole

not everyone falls into the scene from the same time and space place, and after decades of being about it I have had to look back and ask myself what part of the journey wasn't worthwhile, which one was less sacred?

the answer?

none they all got me to where I am now

Last edited:

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
But is it kosher?

lindarichman_coffeetalk_mikemeyers.jpg