Critique My Mom Cab Plans - Hazy Builds an Automated Mom Cabinet

hazydreams

Flower Day 3

Flower Day 3

Booming

picture.php

Keep Em Green

johnychaos

Just read through your whole thread as I've always wanted to build a few cabs that fit in the living room. Nice original buildout and conversion. Looks like its producing some decent meds for you.

My first grow was in a 2nd hand cabinet pulled from an old house. It was small at less than 3ft tall and 2ft wide but it was a nice learning experience in scrogging and micro growing.

Keep up the nice work!

hazydreams

Day 10 Of Flower

Day 10 Of Flower

Things are booming. Im going to have to tie down the screen and plants at this rate.

First a shot of the current res set up. Two RDWC bottom fed buckets joined for 10 gallons. the recirculation pump is plumbed to pump the front bucket up and into the back bucket to constantly stir both reservoirs and keep it aerated. The water then returns to a natural level through the 3/4" tube with the valve. This wasn't planned this way but it has been working out and it not fucking leaking! Added bonus the plants dont seem to mind!

picture.php

Heres the three ladies going bananas!

picture.php

look at the bow in the that screen! They are PISSED at that 250!

picture.php

Canopy shot

picture.php

Keep Em Green

5th

Veteran
Lol...fuckin' screen looks like the middle plants about to snap it in half....and still another week of stretch to go eh?

Lovin' the buckets :tiphat:

hazydreams

Day 17 Flower

Day 17 Flower

They are throwing hairs and stretch is slowing down! I had to tie the screen down to the floor of the cabinet. The double gums were trying to makea run for the light! Otherwise things are looking excellent. I began thinning out the bottom shoots and most of the shoots are in their final location. Some of the unruly ones might be tied down from below to even the height out. I will be to trim some fan leaves to un-shade bud sites as need. This is done at a bare minimum, i am not trying to defol them. Only other change i should note is that the girls were hit with a light dose of PK boost with the last refill.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thats it for now! Next update ill share some photos of the bonsai mom. She is over 4 months old and about 10 inches tall. I recently cut the roots and repotted her with new soil. She has rebounded rather quickly! Hope all is well on your guys side of the screen!

Keep'em green.

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
impressive how the screen disappeared in this bushy jungle :biggrin:
well done scrogging, buddy!

really interested in that bonsai mom as mine are much younger and i could learn from your experience :good:

hazydreams

Thanks for stopping by nkots!

Ill grab a few shots of the moms recovery and post them up. Basically about a week ago I noticed she was going light green and dropping leaves. I pulled the rootball out of the pot and trimmed about an inch or so off all four sides. I replaced her in the pot and packed new soil around the original root ball. I'm using a 50/50 mis of fox farms ocean forest and happy frog. I packed it tight to ensure there was no air pockets. She then got a healthy watering and I put her back in under the light. I assumed there would be some stress from the root damage but she greened up in two days and the new growth looks excellent. I'm going to give her a week or so and give her a hair cut/take clones for the next round. Seems that there not really much to keeping bonsai moms other then maintenance trimming and the occasional root trimming. I'd love to try and keep this same mom for years!

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
thx for posting this!
i currently keep 6 candidates for moms and will pick 2 or 3 of them for the next bud run while others would become moms. they are less than 2 months old now but i observe the same signals - dropping foliage and getting yellowish.

your post made me decide to do the root trim too! :good:

still can't wait to see your moms! :woohoo:

hazydreams

Mom Shots @ 4 Months

Mom Shots @ 4 Months

shes been in the 4"x 4" cut down rose pot for 4 months now. I did a root trim about a week ago and she has rebounded nicely. I have noticed a deficiency and treated her to a light dose of cal mag plus today after pulling her out of the cabinet. otherwise not too much to report. Im going to give her some time before taking clones off her. I want the clones to be as healthy as possible!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thats all for now!

keep'em green... and maybe a lil yellow once in a while!

hazydreams

Day 25 flower

Day 25 flower

They are still booming. I went through and cleared our some suckers and leaves shading other bud sites. it was alot! and it still didn't make a dent.

picture.php

The stuff out to the sides is really lankey. i def let these veg for too long in the cab. I need to flip them earlier or get a more indica leaning strain.... More on that later :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

Keep'em Green!

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
Nice and furry, isn't the early hairy stage just beautigul? :)

you do keep 'em green really well, pal!

:wave:

fatigues

Veteran
Looking pretty damned healthy; maybe even TOO healthy!

Do you plan to defoliate? Not talking lolly pop -- just a good thinning. I have a hard time seeing how your light is going to fully penetrate that massive whack o' leaves you are growing!

hazydreams

Saved the best three for last! Day 42

Saved the best three for last! Day 42

Three macros for your viewing pleasure! :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Its not often i get really good macros. im pleased with these!

Keep'em Green!

Latest posts

Latest posts