What's new

Crew cuts/shaved heads

Campfire

What the hell?? Why do so many guys hate their hair? They all look like that here in the rust belt, one hairless clone after another. To me, they look like the kids I grew up with in the 60's, baseball card-collecting kids.

What do women think of the bald/crewcut look? I'm not a woman, but it seems as far from a romantic image as you can get (unless you're Jean-Luc Picard). How can a woman get humid about a guy who looks like an overgrown bubblegum-chewing 10 year-old?
Granted, it's not necessarily about looks, but that slugboy look just escapes me...

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
ease of care sometimes outwieghs all else, dont need to comb it, can cut it myself and can hop out of bed and walla, no bed head,

K

kannubis

It has been a fight to not cut mine off for the last 3 years. I decided that I won't cut it until most of it has gone away on its own though. I do miss the ease of just hitting it with cat clippers every couple months or so. Now I have to maintain it.

ddrew

Veteran
Half fell out, the other half turned grey, at that point I said, you're all fired, get the hell off my head, and started shaving it.

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Had long hair all through high school. Went bald at 17. Shaved head. Enter mad booty.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Dreadlocks....for life :) 13yrs n goin strong....funny thing is that I had a dream the other nite I that I cut it all off lol. Just a dream.....

SmokinErb

I've been having issues with growing it out. This will be my 3rd attempt now - I've always found some reason to have to cut it. My sisters wedding last June where I got it trimmed, not exactly a crew cut, but it wasn't long by any means. Then I had a court date last month, which I felt obliged to cut my locks off again in order to look presentable/professional in the court of law - after all, it is they who decide my fate.

I have no intentions of getting it cut more than just a trim to shape it up right now and again from this point on.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have been a slap-head for nigh on 20 years now (shaved to the skull)......and the ladies still fight over me....lol

.....and to tell you the truth I much prefer not having to fuss about in front of mirrors, buy shampoo and conditioner and the other associated mess hair brings (clogged sinks, dandruff, hairy beds e.t.c)......plus I live in the tropics mostly, average day temps 30 celcius and so it's much cooler....

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I shaved my head for awhile after my accident and scared everybody away from the scars.
I sure hope I never go bald.

What the hell?? Why do so many guys hate their hair?

I dont hate my hair just look damn good with a fade :D

Used to have long hair but its more hassle than its worth to me, plus ladies around here love it they arent into hippy hair

but maybe its just the young generation all my people keep theirs high and tight around here

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
The pisser is when you have more hair growing in your ears than on the top of your head.:comfort: I've gone the shaved head look, back in the eighties and now its rather on the long side.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I don't think I hate my hair. I think my hair doesn't like being on my head. Every year, my hairline goes further and further back!

My parking spaces (bald spots) that were there in my 20s are now parking lots. I have a peninsula of hair on top of my head, running right down the middle. I could have a great mohawk right now, but those aren't very stylish anymore.

I had dreads for a number of years and the irritating thing was dealing with it after going surfing. It took forever to dry out and I always had to shampoo it after going surfing due to all the pollutants in the ocean.

A late evening surf session guaranteed that I would be sitting in front of the tv with my girl squeezing my dreads out with a dry towel. Trying to dry it out before bedtime was always a chore.

Funny though. For all the trouble I used to have, I still miss my dreads.

I had beautiful curly hair when I was younger, then it began falling out at an alarming rate. I decided that bald on top was OK and I could simply go with the bald guy pony tail, kind of like Larry in Dharma and Greg. The problem was as soon as I let it grow out, instead of an old hippie with a pony tail I looked more like Bozo the clown.

So with tears in my eyes I went to a 1/16 inch shave on my entire head, beard included (I still don't know why bald guys need a beard but I guess we do.) and I find that indeed the more hair I loose the more head I get.

E

el dub

I've been cutting my hair about once every 12 years or so. Starting to get that "itch" again. I see a fade in my near future.....

lw