What's new

Creekside Plot up against a steep mountain

krk

that blood and bone will get found by animals and dug up...no way you can get away with that in the mountains...sorry:noway:

Tropic

Just for info, one day I was walking in a forest and found a huge rotten tree. The bark was still there but the inside looked like rich compost. I thought I was lucky and came back the next day, brought back gallons of it to my grow, and filled a huge hole with at least 50% of that material, if not more. About a month later I noticed the plant which had received this amendment had stopped growing, and looked real bad, so I dug it up, and to my surprise the rotten wood was very compact, and had suffocated my roots. There was nothing I could do to save that plant, but if I was to use to rotten wood again, I'd mix up a small amount (less than 20%) into a soil mix and use more lime and perlite too. As it's been said, that stuff can be quite acidic.

Peace :joint:

polymer would be useless if he can do waterings so often, i think? But the mini fence is a good idea, even though the bags offer protection as well as the site itself. Works well later if you want to train the plants a bit... Also your plants look awesome, especially compared to the tiny lil seedlings that are falling over in the cups! i was going to be like... dude! tie those up to sticks!

krazay

Week 4

Week 4

yeah good thing i didn't use the bark.

krk: sorry bud looks like i've already proved you wrong. i used bone and blood in every one and not a scratch. its real steep terrain why would any animals be up there, theyd be down the by the creek.... theres no deer there no animals, just a big black bear.

I really wanted polymer but couldnt find it. yeah the seedlings i just threw out sorry to say i couldnt keep them inside any longer and they were growing like garbage and its too late in the season now.

ok so Week 4, i havn't watered for 2 weeks i was surprised at the growth. the peat holds water really well. we watered with about 50 litres of water today.

wasn't expecting this much growth, had to make do with the cell phone camera this time.

What kind of yield do ya think i could achieve?

Attachments

• picture0015.jpg
    picture0015.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 6
  • picture0016.jpg
    picture0016.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 7
  • picture0020.jpg
    picture0020.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4
  • picture0023.jpg
    picture0023.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 5

krazay

really filled in alot

Attachments

• picture0020.jpg
    picture0020.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
  • picture0013.jpg
    picture0013.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 4
  • picture0026.jpg
    picture0026.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
  • picture0024.jpg
    picture0024.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 7

krazay

hm

Attachments

• picture0022.jpg
    picture0022.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 4
  • picture0021.jpg
    picture0021.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
  • picture0018.jpg
    picture0018.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 5
  • picture0014.jpg
    picture0014.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 5

badmf

Problem with using "Smart Pots" is they require more water as they dry out faster! The air is good if you are in a backyard but for Guerilla not so much.
Polymer is so ez to find Ebay or use my source "jersey-flea market" google it and you're set. Polymers cut down trips which is a good thing, right? Always add fence as you never "know" what may come around!! And add 6"s of mulch. Peace!!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love your spots! Gotta love that Mountain Maple... :) Looks like your doing well... I would be careful with the bone and blood meal in the future... It really isn't the best thing to be using out in black bear country...:) I've had my fill of black bears... Saw one on the trail not too long ago...

Hope you get some rain soon to give some relief in water carrying... Don't be afraid to prune back some of the native trees/shrubs to give ya adequate sunlight... A method I received from ol Backcountry himself... Face south, sand right where the plant is and stoop down. Look up from east to west and determine if there are parts of the day where the sunlight is blocked for long periods...

Plants are looking great, thanks for sharing! :)

6940mountains_black_bear.jpg

6940mountains2.jpg

6940mountains_hawk3.jpg

6940mountains_hawk2.jpg

6940mountain_rock4.jpg

6940mountain_rock5.jpg

6940mountains_breaking_light.jpg

Koi

Is that a fox or a wolf? I like that it is black. Really cool animal.

Nice scenery. Seems perfect for guerrilla growing.

krazay

Yeah i specifically do not want any pot or soil that dries out fast.. i'm not sure if i'll go up this weekend, suppose to rain 10-15 mm.

probably bring a machete and chop some surrounding branches soon, as well as add some of that heavy harvest water souluable fert to them. they seem well established enough.

beautiful pictures pipeline and thanks for the input lol. looks more like a black bear to me? but the ears and legs look misleading. I carry bear spray up always, and leave human hair everywhere. i've seen the guy shakin a tree and when i went to buy the bear spray the guy who sold it to me says thats when they are letting you know that its their turf and their not happy.

krazay

didn't really have to go up as it did rain. bought some summer 17-17-17 time release outdoor nutes and did water a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 5

krazay

more pics of week 6. something thinks the leaves make a good snack, my partner thinks its a spider that he found on the leaf..

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1412.jpg
    IMG_1412.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg