What's new

Crazy theory of mine that just might work!

How do you add to your res?
What happens if the res fails and dumps its entire contents on the grow light?

Rule number 14 of grow room safety: Keep the electrical above the waist and keep the water below the waist :)

Edit: JF, they don't have those zero gravity environment simulators outside Japan yet, darou? ;)
laughing.gif

pharvy

... topsy turvy?

... topsy turvy?

i just saw these things on sale for 2$ at the local wally... plants grow from the bottom.. so hang them from the ceiling and mount your lights in the bottom... i think the grow media they come with is coir.. and you water from the top.. check em out and let us know what happens!

S

sparkjumper

I grew an upside down tomato in one of those gigs and everytime I went to water,it ran all over the place.I don't think you want runoff using this technique lol

Dimebagg

I think for every one thing itd make easier, it would make 10 other things more difficult. One thing I didnt see mentioned yet is heat. In a normal setup, the lights are up top, and since heat travels, you only have the heat "overflow" get to your plants. In the upside down setup, every last bit of heat will have to travel through your plants to eventually escape. Id be afraid of the planted area becoming a nasty little heat pocket.

If you have the time, money, and resources to test it, Id tune in though :tiphat:

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
but doesn't marijuana only grow up and out regardless of where the light source is?

B

Bigrick31

Our sense of Up and Down are really relative as there is no absolute inertial frame of reference. How do you know your up right now and not down? The plant isnt going to know whether its up or down it just going to reach for the light put it in a dark room with a light on the floor and thats the direction the plant will grow. Put it upside down and outside the plant will try to reach up for the sun.

B

Bud Bug

What usually happens to hot air? It raises. Where are your upside down plants? Right in all the heat.

Latest posts

Latest posts