What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Craziest thing I've ever seen a plant do. Can't figure out what's causing it. Hopefully you know.

DN3

Hey everybody, over a decade of growing and this is something that has me at a complete loss. I can't find content on a problem like this anywhere online. Hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction. All feedback is appreciated.

To start, this is a basement grow. 2 flower rooms, one with 32 Loriflux LED'S and one with 8 Loriflux LED's. The problem only occurs in the 32 light room.

I am growing in 3 gallon pots of mother earth coco. I auto feed with Jacks 321. I am running this same exact setup and nutes at another location with zero problems.

I have no light leaks and I dial my lights up slowly once going into flower. My water out of the tap is 100 ppm and then it is filtered by a big boy. Ambient co2 in the basement is high at 500-700 ppm's.

The severity of the problem occurs pretty evenly across the entire room and does not appear to be worse on one side or the other. With that said, my hunch is that the problem is environmental. If that is in fact the case, why the problem would be isolated strictly to that room instead of the entire basement is a bit of a mystery to me.

I've ran into this problem and have seen the same pattern happen a few times now. Like clockwork the same thing happens every time, and at the same time.

I can grow perfectly happy veg plants for as long as I would like in the room. Plants will continue to look healthy until around day 21 of flower and then they start to freak out and do things that I've never seen a plant do. The best way to describe it is that it almost looks like they are re-vegging. I've seen stems and leaves start growing out of buds, but at the same time the buds continue to get bigger and swell, while also never forming compact and full buds like they are supposed to.

Trichome production seems to be increased and sometimes I will end up with fan leaves that are completely covered in trichs.

I have taken a plant from the 8 light room that was 4 weeks into flower and looked as healthy as possible and put it in the room to see what would happen. The plant got immediately pissed off. The plants buds have continued to swell, but leaves have also started to grow out of the buds.

The first picture is of the healthy plant that I moved into the room. The rest are all of plants that have been in that room since day 1 of flower. In the pictures you will notice a downward curl to most leaves although the severity of it seems to vary based on strain.

Again, any feedback is appreciated. I've beat my head off of the wall for a few runs now trying to figure this problem out and I am basically to the point that I am grasping at straws here.

Attachments

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    812.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image1 (4).jpeg
    image1 (4).jpeg
    974.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    783.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    744.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    709.1 KB · Views: 40
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    939.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    628.3 KB · Views: 40

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Are all of the lights going completely off during the dark phase? Any other devices with power indicator lights, or a dehumidifier that lights up when it's full in the area? Double check timers and settings. Like you said they look to be revegging.

Reactions: zif

DN3

They are. Running 2 quest 225's so no status lights involved. There are no light leaks and I triple checked everything the 1st time around. I agree that they look like re-vegged plants, However I can't make sense out of why they would be doing that without the proper light cycle.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Water always follows salt and the leaves are cupping-under or clawing. When there are more salts in the substrate than in the plant the substrate will suck the water out of the plant causing clawing. That means your substrate has too much fertilizer buildup in the containers.