What's new

cravin morehead's bio-bucket c99 bx1

Raziel819

this was a great read cravin, but I do have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

I'm trying to figure out how big a pump to get and I can't remember where I read the procedure on how to calculate it and secondly what was your dry weight on this run plus you never gave a smoke report how was it?

Thanks,
Raziel819

Raziel819

Hey Cravin got the answer to one of my questions, it was Snype who had the answer. 5 gal buckets, 4 gals each, times 12. (# of buckets)(gals per bucket)(rate of fill)= min size of pump.

marinemansf

Hey raziel819, Im a friend of cravin's. Not sure where hes been for the last few weeks, hes been guiding me in my bio buckets setup. Mine is a 6 bucket (5 gal) system and im currently running an 800gph pump. However, Ill be stepping my pump up to an 1800 gph one for my next go round. What I currently have now is a little on the light side, but still works. And from what ive learned, always for a size bigger than you think youll need on the pump. Mass circulation is key. I have a thread going on my current run if youd like to check it out, link is in my signature. Hope this helped a little...

Meison

Hey Cravin, when ever you're on, could you pm me? I'm in the need for help, my Bio buckets is going south and fast ever since I switched to red lava rock.

My ph keeps rising, and we got the slime now. Aka cyanobacteria. I'm using RR's mico tea, but its not making it any better. I'm already looking to start a new round but I want some pointers to avoid having the same problem..

All the info is in my thread here's a link! I would much appreciate that you would take some minutes to give me a hand. Its been really hard to do this set up with the materials I have available in my country.

Thanks in advance
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288388

ps All went wrong once I put the red lava rock in the system ( I treated them with h2o2 before placing them on the system.)

Latest posts

Latest posts