What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Covid-19

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'm glad to hear of people in our community recovering from this as I though cannabis users may be a bit worse off.

I am thankful to live in a country which has relatively few cases. The state I live in has had no new cases for over 2 weeks so most aren't wearing masks at present.

Best wishes and speedy recovery to those that get this.:comfort:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Pretty sure I had it in late March... constant cough (codeine helps with it) like a bad flu for a week then troubled breathing (weed and plenty of it helps widen the airways) and no smell for at least a month. Also very tired since, only just letting up.
In the uk, they were only testing hospital admissions back then, so I guess I’ll never know for sure.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am surprised that you could smoke the weed with irritated lungs. What you said about opening the airways, that ain't the sticky oils. It may be the hot air of combustion, if you do that. I vape off the terps, and that does seem to open the airways.

If there is any truth to the virus cell walls being destroyed by alchohol, can everclear be nebulized to get the alky right to the airways? I am of the opinion that terps are like solvents, and maybe they can also affect the virus cell walls. Mr. Skunkman's hash vs full flower weed... more terps per volume of hit.

I am guessing Mr. Skunkman is 70 or so, and should have been high risk. One day isn't that bad considering. I think pot is good for you.

Who has SPO2 data while going through this?

Edit: This article shows why I asked about SPO2. When this hit the meters got hard to find for a while. I wear a ring that records every second, and in the morning I can see drops. 80 is not unusual, and for me is from poor breathing. People wear CPAP/BPAP for that. I have been in docs offices, had them read a 91, and not say a thing. Mine goes to 99 (highest reading) when I vape terps. Lasts a minute or so.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doctor-trump-improving-not-woods-044208271.html

Conley said the president had a “high fever” and a blood oxygen level below 94% on Friday and during “another episode” on Saturday. He was evasive when asked whether Trump's level had dropped below 90%: “We don’t have any recordings here on that.”

The level currently stands at 98%, Trump's medical team said.

Blood oxygen saturation is a key health marker for COVID-19 patients. A normal reading is between 95 and 100. A drop below 90 is concerning. People with the virus sometimes do not realize their oxygen levels are low.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Yes, combustion for me... worked well in my case- my chest would be really tight (worryingly so) , sometimes in the middle of the night.
Roll one up and breathing easier within a few puffs. And I’d never normally smoke anything in the early hours.
Obviously, I wouldn’t recommend it as a course of treatment, it just worked for me.
Also made double sure to increase my supplement intake, especially vit d and c

Edit: if I had access to hash of mr skunkmans quality, I expect the flowers would still be curing. :biggrin:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
For me it was a cake walk, 24 hours in bed sick as a dog, then better very quickly, I did have headaches, I never do normally, I did get weak, and I am just regaining my sense of smell in the last few days. My better half should be all better by this weekend. Many times worse than me, but she is slowly getting better.
I also never get colds, I think the THC volumes I use just drives colds away?

-SamS

Terpenes, solventy terpenes. Breaking down the virus walls in situ (your air sacs). :D

Screenshot_4.png

Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Wasn’t there a paper(s) or data that showed smokers were in a lower percentage of those that tested positive for covid? I think related to nicotine though, (forbid they give any credence to smoking or nicotine.)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I went to take a test months ago, signed my name and information then waited forever, finally said fuck it and left. Got a call saying I was negative even though I never took the test. I told them I never took the test so they just begged me to come back and said maybe things got mixed up. This was at a local hospital.

Yup. For profit medical care isn't the best after all hmm?

It's one of those things that makes America great.

St. Phatty

I got something Flu-y

for about 4 hours.

Nausea, the kind that makes you keep a garbage can next to the bed.

Laid down for 2 hours instead of going to the gym.

Plus I couldn't smell as good. I've been keeping a hiking boot and some socks in the corner, used the same socks for 3 months so I could use that as a smell test. Normally, it smells like it sounds, and makes you say, "that's bad", like you would expect.

Today, it just didn't smell so bad.

Anyway, probably (knock on wood) won't be getting a test.

I never get the flu so having the nausea, dizziness, and fatigue come out of nowhere, was a little wierd.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone on IC have or had Covid-19? Was it confirmed by testing?

For the last 3 months I have worn a mask and gloves every time I left my house, but still got it from my better half, she got it from a Zimba class.
I was tested yesterday as I am pretty sure I have it, I will get my test results today or tomorrow.
I was feeling pretty shitty a few days ago, much better now.
We are under quarantine until our symptoms are gone, I am not really worried any more, I just want it to be gone.

Buddha said:
You are born,
You suffer,
Then you die.

-SamS

Good luck brother! Budda also said suffering was because of desire. You don't have what you desire, or you have what you don't desire, but the greatest suffering is from having something you do desire, because all things are fixed in time and you will eventually lose it.

Fortunately you are suffering from something none of us want, that is fixed in time.

Sending good thoughts! Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!1