What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I’m not the one telling people to get a medical treatment or not to get one.

I’m saying let people make their own health decisions. You’re saying you know better than them what they should do.

You're saying that it's a good idea to get vaccinated if you are fat and/or old.

Who are you to assume medical advice?

It's okay to say that a hat and gloves on a cold and snowy day are to be advised.

I just wanted to point out that there's no reason for being afraid of a vaccine... unless you can't find your partisan identity through the action.

Hiddenjems

You're saying that it's a good idea to get vaccinated if you are fat and/or old.

Who are you to assume medical advice?

It's okay to say that a hat and gloves on a cold and snowy day are to be advised.

I just wanted to point out that there's no reason for being afraid of a vaccine... unless you can't find your partisan identity through the action.
I’m saying if I was fat or old I would have gotten the vaccine. Again, I’m not in the business of telling people what they need to put into or have done to their bodies. I can only say what I would do.

It’s not like I would tell someone to get a new shot, or get fired.

Making a risk benefit analysis isn’t fear.

In my case a potential illness had the possibility of putting me out of commission for a week or so according to all current risk assessments. Adding another variable with no impact on my chances of getting, dying from, or transmitting the disease is helpful how?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
NOTHING is for everyone, and nobody has ever said different that i've seen. hell, some people don't like bacon! poor deluded bastards...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i was sick for two weeks, and had 4 people i knew die from it. glad you pulled through. no rhyme or reason as to how bad of a case you get.:dunno:

Hiddenjems

i was sick for two weeks, and had 4 people i knew die from it. glad you pulled through. no rhyme or reason as to how bad of a case you get.:dunno:
I asked a question at the pediatrician 2 years ago. They care for over 1,000 kids.

I asked “how many of your patients were hospitalized with Covid?”. Their response “0”.

There is rhyme or reason. The older and less healthy you are, the higher your risk.

Hiddenjems

One of my elderly relatives passed because they were 70+ years old, overweight, and refused to see a doctor for anything the past 20 years due to a bad experience.

Another got real sick and went to the hospital they work at, at top 5 research hospital in the world. They were ready to die when I drove them there, but within 18 hours were fine. They received monoclonal antibodies and some treatment the hospital was developing.

The director of infectious disease at that hospital was taking care of them personally.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I asked a question at the pediatrician 2 years ago. They care for over 1,000 kids.

I asked “how many of your patients were hospitalized with Covid?”. Their response “0”.

There is rhyme or reason. The older and less healthy you are, the higher your risk.
two of the folks i knew that died were in their early twenties, no problems. the other 2 were their fathers, early 50s, healthy but not real bright. odds are not guarantees, but i like having them in my favor. :cool:

Hiddenjems

two of the folks i knew that died were in their early twenties, no problems. the other 2 were their fathers, early 50s, healthy but not real bright. odds are not guarantees, but i like having them in my favor. :cool:
There are always outliers. I wear a helmet on a Motorcycle, and a seatbelt in a car 100% of the time. I don’t have lightning rods on my house though.

I’m sorry you lost that many people you know for any reason.

I’ve also had about 15-20 tetanus shots in my life.

Again, I’ve never told anyone they were dumb, or smart for getting a vaccine. It’s just up to them.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
VD "can" be for everyone. i hope it isn't though. pretty good odds (> 50%) that a person in the US has an STI in their lifetime. at present, over 100 million do, and the CDC estimates that number is growing by approx 20 mill a year. anyone here ever dealt with any STDs? i'll hold my hand up first... easier to admit if you aren't first in line. a lot like starting the feeding frenzy at a church dinner....:shucks: nobody really wants to go first. :biggrin: