What's new

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Did you see someone wearing a mask?
Highway signs say "Help is on the Way" or some bs about the vaccine now being available. "Wear Your Mask" "Limit Travel" Not only did I see people wearing masks, their attitudes toward those who will not wear them can get pretty freaky. Most everyone seemed unhappy and overly wary.

It was a relief to get back to Colorado where only the truly ignorant are enforcing mask policies. Even then it's only on private property, since law enforcement is aware there are no mask laws to enforce. Still ignorant, just not so fiercely as what I saw in New Mexico.

G

I just looked at mortality, infection, and other related stats for New Mexico, as well as the Navajo Nation, which includes parts of the 4-Corners area (I've ridden motorcycles through that country in 1980; Wolf Creek Pass, etc.), involving SW Colorado, SE Utah, NW New Mexico, and NE Arizona.

https://ncov2019.live/data

For a relatively small State (NM), and an often-under-represented and impoverished demographic (Navajo Nation), they have some noteworthy death and infection rates.

Yes, persons are wary. With 40% of persons showing no symptoms, but being carriers/spreaders, NO ONE CAN SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT INFECTED with any degree of certainty, even if they were tested relatively recently. Persons can be infected after testing. Testing is not a certainty of being 'clean.'

Why would folks want to be lax in respecting the fact that they, themselves, might be a carrier?

And, to beat a dead horse, it's the Wild Card virus from Hell. I know of cancer patients who survived it, in their later-60s and early 70s. I know of relatively healthy persons who have died, despite their being younger than the others mentioned.

I personally know of at least 4 persons, twice removed or otherwise, who are dead now from COVID-19, not counting those I'm aware of through the forums here.

I'm done being patient with folks who violate personal-space boundaries and approach others mask-less, mocking those who take this as seriously as it ought to be..

A hardwood fish club makes a heck of a statement, when it comes to reinforcing personal boundaries.

Batter up!!

Last edited:
G

The Lancet...aren't they the ones who had to retract their pseudoscience on HCQ??

Be careful with them. They are documented fraudsters.

Hempy, The Lancet is to the UK what the JAMA is to the United States.

Calling a journal fraudsters because of -a- problem? Can you find another journal that hasn't had to revise or retract a study??

By the way, they typically publish others' research. Seems to me that if someone was incorrect, retraction was or is the appropriate, honorable, and responsible thing to do, isn't it?

When was the last time you or others here publicly acknowledged your 'errors' with a retraction??

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The Lancet...aren't they the ones who had to retract their pseudoscience on HCQ??

Be careful with them. They are documented fraudsters.

OMFG you believe QAnon!!!! Talk about documented fraudsters...

Fraud seems to be in the eye of the beholder these days.

Just like "fake news".

Q doesn't make retractions.

Q just keeps spinning everything.

Smacks of Trump's Great America.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Predictions?:
The "Storm" would take place on November 3, 2017. There were no notable events in US politics on that day.

The "Storm" would take place on January 20, 2021, the day of Biden's inauguration. No coup took place and Biden was peacefully inaugurated.

A major event involving the Department of Defense would take place on February 1, 2018.
People targeted by the president would commit suicide en masse on February 10, 2018. No prominent people committed suicide that day.

There would be a car bombing in London around February 16, 2018. There was no bombing.

The Trump military parade would "never be forgotten". The parade was canceled.

The Five Eyes "won't be around much longer." It has not been terminated.

Something major would happen in Chongqing on April 10, 2018. Nothing notable happened in Chongqing that day.

There would be a "bombshell" revelation about North Korea in May 2018. There were no notable developments.

A "smoking gun" video of Hillary Clinton would emerge in March 2018. No video appeared.
Multiple failed predictions that John McCain would resign from the US Senate. McCain remained in the Senate until his death in August 2018.

Multiple failed predictions that Mark Zuckerberg would leave Facebook and flee the United States. Zuckerberg remains CEO of Facebook as of January 2021.

Multiple failed predictions that Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey would be forced to resign. Dorsey remains CEO of Twitter as of January 2021.

Multiple failed predictions that Pope Francis would be arrested on felony charges. Francis has not been arrested.

Multiple failed predictions that "something big" would happen or the truth would emerge "next week."

Multiple failed predictions that Donald Trump would be re-inaugurated on January 20, 2021 despite losing the election. Joe Biden was inaugurated as planned on January 20.

mr.brunch

Veteran
picture.php

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
CDC orders air travelers to unmask for government surveillance

Putting government surveillance and control of travelers ahead of what is supposed to be their mission of protecting of the public against infectious diseases, the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has ordered that, effective today, all air travelers must risk their lives by removing their face masks on demand of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint staff or airline ticketing or gate agents.
Until today, as we have noted previously, many state and local health orders issued in response to the COVID-19 pandemic required everyone in public indoor spaces such as airports to wear face masks, without any exception that would have applied at TSA checkpoints. Although we are not aware of any litigation that ensued, air travelers could have asserted their right — and even their duty — not to remove their face masks, under pain of criminal penalties for violating public health orders.
The CDC order effective today appears to be designed to preempt those state and local health orders, and open the door for the TSA, TSA contractors, and airline staff to endanger the lives of air travelers in the interest of surveillance and control (by the TSA) and “revenue protection” against transfers of nontransferable tickets (by airlines):
The requirement to wear a mask shall not apply under the following circumstances: … When necessary to temporarily remove the mask to verify one’s identity such as during Transportation Security Administration screening or when asked to do so by the ticket or gate agent or any law enforcement official.
The CDC order aloows — and, in fcat, requires — TSA and airline staff and contractors to leave their masks on. Only travelers’ lives are to be endangered.
It remains unclear, of course, whether it is “necessary .. to verify one’s identity” either to the TSA, its contractors, or airline staff, much less whether looking at faces is the way to do so. We think not. But whatever the legality of “ID verification”, the CDC officials responsible for this unmasking order should be ashamed of their betrayal of their medical mission and for promulgating an “insecure flight” requirement.
https://papersplease.org/wp/2021/02...velers-to-unmask-for-government-surveillance/

makes perfect sense...i'll walk.

G

Putting government surveillance and control of travelers ahead of what is supposed to be their mission of protecting of the public against infectious diseases, the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has ordered that, effective today, all air travelers must risk their lives by removing their face masks on demand of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint staff or airline ticketing or gate agents.
Until today, as we have noted previously, many state and local health orders issued in response to the COVID-19 pandemic required everyone in public indoor spaces such as airports to wear face masks, without any exception that would have applied at TSA checkpoints. Although we are not aware of any litigation that ensued, air travelers could have asserted their right — and even their duty — not to remove their face masks, under pain of criminal penalties for violating public health orders.
The CDC order effective today appears to be designed to preempt those state and local health orders, and open the door for the TSA, TSA contractors, and airline staff to endanger the lives of air travelers in the interest of surveillance and control (by the TSA) and “revenue protection” against transfers of nontransferable tickets (by airlines):
The requirement to wear a mask shall not apply under the following circumstances: … When necessary to temporarily remove the mask to verify one’s identity such as during Transportation Security Administration screening or when asked to do so by the ticket or gate agent or any law enforcement official.
The CDC order aloows — and, in fcat, requires — TSA and airline staff and contractors to leave their masks on. Only travelers’ lives are to be endangered.
It remains unclear, of course, whether it is “necessary .. to verify one’s identity” either to the TSA, its contractors, or airline staff, much less whether looking at faces is the way to do so. We think not. But whatever the legality of “ID verification”, the CDC officials responsible for this unmasking order should be ashamed of their betrayal of their medical mission and for promulgating an “insecure flight” requirement.
https://papersplease.org/wp/2021/02...velers-to-unmask-for-government-surveillance/

On my recent rd. trip to Seattle, the removal of the mask only occurred when we were 1:1, at the TSA person's booth, where they compare your ID to your face, and it was a 1-second to 2-second period, where I simply raised the shield I had on, and pulled both my GVS Elipse P100 half-mask and my surgical mask I wear over the P100's port, away from my face, just long enough to show the contrast, and then immediately back on; never removing the straps, etc., from my head..

I cleared this protocol with the fellow in the TSA booth, no one else around us, and I told him it would be brief, and I was going to hold my breath for the procedure.

He was behind a large plexiglass or Lexan shield (like window-sized) throughout the process.

The folks who offended me more were the airport employees and other passengers, walking past other passengers at relatively close distance, mask hanging on one ear, and stuffing a food item in their mouths as they walked past at close proximity.

When walking (especially at a faster clip) most folks breathe harder than when sitting, which means the aerosolized saliva from nose and mouth are increased in flow. Add the intermittent reduction in breathing when eating, and the breaths between become that much more pressured. But despite there being (often) plenty of space, they seemed incapable of considering the path they were cutting across others' 'bows.'

The lack of self-awareness and boundaries in our society has assisted the growth of infection numbers, in my opinion.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran

picture.php