What's new

Coughing from edibles

blondie

Yes that is typed correctly. I cough very often when I consume an edible. It’s taken me some time to get this figured, but quite sure it’s atypical Acid reflux/gerd. So far nothing stops it. I cough an hour or two after ingesting. Just like I’ve ripped a big ole bong hit. Anyone else have this?

goingrey

When I smoke, or even vape, often I have some airway inflammation the next day that causes me to cough at some point, whether or not I have some edibles... could this explain it?

Koondense

Veteran
Maybe it's some sweet stuff inside which dries your throat...or just reflux from some oil or whatever...
In any way, drink some water on top of it.
Cheers

Agropop

Try ACV, for start use one tbs in 200ml water, you can use straw...In case gerd,acid reflux symptom this ussualy helps, because your stomach isnt acid enough, but it should be. You can use this ACV mix also half an hour before each meal, will help you digest food better ;)

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
did you have made it self or did buying it from pro Brand .,?

i have trying often edbiles and if good made you doin`t needs to cough at all

Agropop

All edibles so far. I think it’s some muscles relaxing and allowing acid to flow backward.
No, nothing is releaxed, you have too little stomach acid (not too much!) and your esophageal sphincter is not closed, so you get acid up... If you are using any kind of acid reducing medication, stop using it, because you are masking your symptoms and you are not solving the cause... Trust me, I treat people who have been abandoned or screwed up by doctors because they were treated the wrong way... Be careful with food ingredients, allergens, wheat, sugar, artificial sugars and so on... It also may be that you have helicobacter pylori on your stomach lining (many people have it and don't know it, breath test will show it if you have it)... If you have an ulcer, you have hpylori because this bacteria causes them. With such problems, you will have to go on a strict diet for a few months. This is not a joke, you can get stomach cancer, and antibiotics are not the solution, because you become resistant to them, and they also come in a package, in a bad way for health...
I suggest you use some quality RSO instead of food, cookies, read the ingredients... Maybe try with the leaves of cannabis and make you a tea of it, but don't sweeten it. Manuka honey is very good for stomach problems, but it is expensive.
I wish you all the best, best regards.

blondie

I am trying to recall last time I bought edibles if I coughed and don’t recall. I don’t think anything is wrong with my edibles or there is a bad ingredient in them. I did have h pylori but it’s gone. I have two small spots on my stomach from now defunct h pylori. I’m seeing a doc soon and am going to discuss this topic.

I highly recommend to anyone reading this next time you have a blood test or see your doc, ask about the h pylori breath test. Get it... Agropop is very correct.

Digit

I had this once, from a batch made from unsmokable stuff, I suspect unflushed or somehow else poluted (...it crackled when smoked). It's like it created a coating through my mouth, throat, lungs, and entire being, and changes my vocal chord tone too.

Been fine with organic edibles from properly done herb.

blondie

Interesting data point. I have two sources of bud. Indoor harvested last June about. Then outdoor harvested oct. all done with organic soil, organic amendments, and 90% rainwater. One plant had two spots of bud rot I clipped away. It’s about as clean as can be.
I do have other health maladies and suspect this is just a symptom.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What's your blood type?
What blood types are your parents?
Search: Typebase5 <food item>

Avoid foods which are avoid for your blood type.
Avoid foods which are neutral for you and avoid for one or more of your parent blood types (Yes, you can have a different blood type than both of your natural parents).
(hint: mono/di-glycerides, sorbates, palm oil, safflower oil, and on and on are all avoid and in most packaged products)

Any time people come to me with issues I often find they're eating foods which are making the problem worse. Even when the foods do not directly contribute they often cause other issues which make diagnosis difficult.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Damn.... coincidental or not, the typebase v writeup for my blood type is eerily close.
Maybe so, but I find the same when I read about my star sign (or any other for that matter). The blood type diets have been well debunked from my understanding.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My wife and I have been refining our personal food lists for about 15 years now. We can literally ask people what they eat and what health issues they have, then guess their blood type correctly and point out the foods which are causing their issue.

Every study I've come across which says it doesn't work, has been found to be based on seriously flawed research protocols for this type of diet. In the mean time, Your blood type, your body pH, and the blood types of your parents is what you need to know for at least baseline success.

Crazy awesome when you get it right. :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
never coughed from edibles before. last time though, i checked the mirror & my eyes were as red/worse than i've ever seen from smoking, lol...

blondie

I looked more into this type of diet and at this point am only able to find one food on the list I eat that was green, meaning good for my type. One.... I’m not fat and have not had need to diet but my crazy other half wanted to do keto so I jumped onboard. BIG mistake. My cholesterol went through the roof and didn’t come down after. I do have need to adjust food intake due to this continuing health issue. Hey @Douglas.Curtis im curious what foods you would say are causing me issues.

Good edibles will make you cough up phlegm. Not "cough" cough, but having to clear your throat type cough. Food with levels of certain lipids/fatty acids will do the same. Not acid reflux although the two can be related.

Cotton mouth red eyes and throat clearing, the 3 unfortunate side effects of quality Cannabis consumption. Blonde probably has black lung, the edibles are trying to clear it out. That's how natural medicine works, attempts to cleanse the dirty membranes.

Galaxy420

phytocannabinoids are bronchodilators ! also Vasodilators ... so an increase of expectorant effects and better blood flow up front after ingestion .
to the OP, there could have been something else in there that caused an allergic reaction

Latest posts

Latest posts