What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse

doublejj

Veteran
Here is my $300 Costco carport greenhouse.

I used the frame only from a 10'x20' Costco carport.

Covered it with 6mil plastic. The ends are tan sunscreen mesh, great ventilation & keeps the bugs out. This thing is huge, you could literally drive a truck inside & stealthy. With the plastic sheeting it looks like a regular carport.

These were some of this years plants.

Peace
jj

H

humboldtlocal

Great job. I have seen some monsters grown in that same carport.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Love it!

Very nice!

icon14.gif

doublejj

Veteran
Costco carport

Costco carport

Thanks everyone.

I bought one of these from Costco, $189.
Didn't see a model number.
Easy to build, no tools needed!

Peace
jj

aceofspades

I take it you do not have any nosy neighbors? I would imagine the smell in there is AMAZING! Did you just not install the roof and did the plastic instead? Great work!

Ace

doublejj

Veteran
8' wood fence!

8' wood fence!

"Good fences make good neighbors"

I have an 8' tall wood fence around my place. You can only see about the top 1ft of the greenhouse over the fence.

Yes, only used the carport frame, covered it with plastic. The 100'x20' roll of plastic was a perfect fit to the 20' long greenhouse. I have enough to cover it several times over.

Yes, the smell gets incredible, you can almost 'taste' the flowers when you go inside. I'm very discreet but I'm sure they get a whiff once in a while, but this is Cali! I have a friend with a greenhouse in Yreka,Ca., that actually had to go next door to ask his neighbor (up wind side) to please pull the 6' tall flowering male plant that was growing in their backyard! And they did! Got to love Cali!

Here is what's inside right now.

While those 12 plants in my first post were flowering this summer, these 12 were vegging inside under 3x1000w grow lights, getting to the size you see above. They went into flower as soon as I put them out. They have been out a couple of weeks now.

Peace
jj

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
jj,

What approx latitude are you at being able to do this over the winter?

I am in the tropics, temps here very rarely drop below 80F...where you are you don't seem to have freezes...due to the non winter hardy vine climbing up your fence and a palm tree in the background of one of your pics.

Just wondering, no need to answer if you don't want to.

SH
Edit: Asking the above because I would like to recommend this to noob friends of mine living on the mainland...your greenhouse is practical & VERY stealthy...but even in the winter plants would get cooked if that thing is used in southern TX or FL.

doublejj

Veteran
Thompson Seedless (Sensemilla)!

Thompson Seedless (Sensemilla)!

Those are grape vines, I'm in NorCal.

That's what they grow up here, great wine & weed!

We usually get only occasional frosts, & rarely a freeze. It's sunny most days!

Peace
jj
EDIT: It gets over 100F for much of the Summer here. This thing has total ventilation on both ends, heat was not a problem. Besides the side just roll-up if you need more!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
^^^^Very cool, thanks for the reply!

(Once you reach 50 posts I'll PM you some cool stories from up there!)

doublejj

Veteran
No light dep.

No light dep.

No light dep., no need.

Days are short enough most of the year to induce flowering outdoors.

The only time they won't immediately flower outdoors is in the Spring when the days get long enough & are getting longer.

I grew them inside under 18/6 until they were big enough, then put them out to flower in the Sun light. We are at almost 12/12 right now outside!

I plan on getting some 25gal smart pots this spring & blow the top off this thing next Summer with some MONSTERS, Woohoo!

Peace
jj
P.S. I should have mentioned that my wife & I both have Cal Med Recommendations & I grow for 1 other patient. Cal law allows 6 mature or 12 non-flowering plants. Having 3 cards, let's me keep 12 in veg & 12 flowering at all times! This grow is perpetual!:joint:

T

theJointedOne

yeah doubleJJ those are nice. You have a great set up going. Nice to see a new member with some skills under their belt

its all about perpetual!

good luck with the smart pots, i love them...try the 45 gallon smartpots.

great job peace

doublejj

Veteran
Thank you

Thank you

I'm hope I'm not coming across as arrogant, but I have been growing for awhile.

I'm here to learn from & share my skills with, others that have a common interest. Sweet Mary Jane!

Peace
doublejj
P.S. I'm not sure I could handle the 45's! lol!

T

theJointedOne

yeah and not only do you have a good grow but you showed others how to get that carport, sharing info here is the reason for the site

you could probably run 8 45 gallons in one of those carports. i might try these for late season covers of my girls.

I do 15 30 gallon Smartpots with the same amount of space also in a modified car port. I'm pleased to see that you took your time and did everything correctly the first time. This will save you in the long run. It's hard to work on the enclosure itself if there are plants in it.

hazy

Veteran
So do you just poke a hole in the plastic and run a zip tie through and tie to the frame? We get a lot of wind here and I'd be afraid it's rip open and show my crop to the world. Nice spot you got behind the RV and beside the house.

Latest posts

Latest posts